DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

I was just about to post the same question :-) but it is probably hard to guesstimate before having seen 1.0

I think I will disable the auto update in steam so I can keep playing dmp :-)

@jansn thanks for answer!

Usually i wait some days (or weeks) before upgrade to a new version.

In general i

- land down all vessels where its possible (before they (get) corrupt savegames),

- divide craft files into subassemblies (before i can not load them anymore),

- clean out old garbage and unnecessary addons.

Then i collect the most important updated mods/addons.

And only then, i start a new game from scratch.

Later i install saves/mods/addons.

@Silvanus: was that working?

@cbplayer2012: After I port to 1.0 I'll have a stab at the memory leak (revert support).

@everyone:

As I'm not part of the experimental group I can't prepare for 1.0, but generally it only takes an hour or two to go over everything and upload a new version. The last one was actually pretty easy, although I have missed things :-/.

Also I've been pretty inactive DMP wise, to the point where I haven't touched it in about a month :-/

I'm going to do my best to group up with players in this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115980 :). If 1.0 isn't delayed I might even do a little streaming of the port, but I'll try to get a skype/mumble/G+ hangout going so I don't bore people to death for those that are interested in the progress.

"Lastly, I’ve dedicated a couple of days here to implement a feature which I think has been missing for far too long from the game, and I really didn’t want to leave it out of our 1.0 release. More on that one later though… I’m very happy I got the opportunity to implement it though. I feel it wouldn’t have been a proper release without it."

From the pre 1.0 dev log...

Multiplayer?

"Lastly, I’ve dedicated a couple of days here to implement a feature which I think has been missing for far too long from the game, and I really didn’t want to leave it out of our 1.0 release. More on that one later though… I’m very happy I got the opportunity to implement it though. I feel it wouldn’t have been a proper release without it."

From the pre 1.0 dev log...

Multiplayer?

no, that can't be right..

Care to cite where they catagorically say it's not?

If you can't, let the speculation continue.

A 1.0 release without Multiplayer is like a gun without a trigger nowadays.

Multiplayer wouldn't be something Harv would work on alone in absolute secret. If anything, he'd tell us, as multiplayer is considered a "significant" feature in a game.

Multiplayer wouldn't be something Harv would work on alone in absolute secret. If anything, he'd tell us, as multiplayer is considered a "significant" feature in a game.

My speculation was wrong, oh well, it's back on DMP so.

Funny how a mod can do what the Devs can't/won't.

@longbyte1: I'm going to stream when I notice KSP dropping today, although it may not work so well as I'm shaped and I'm attempting to use my phone internet.

@Vexxus9999: Sorry for the late reply, do you mind uploading both KSP.log and the DMP server log somewhere? - I might be able to get more of a feel for what's going wrong.

On multiplayer: They've kept saying it will be an update after 1.0 (although they didn't specify how many updates after), I don't think they've shoved it under a rug at all, so we'll see what it brings us. And keep in mind DMP is nowhere near release-quality multiplayer :P

@Everyone, Feel free to drop into my IRC channel (there's a chat thing on both DMP.org and my build server in the sig) for the port today - I'll try and get a mumble call or G+ call going with everyone interested, but as I've said before I'm shaped so that plan might not work at all :P

Any ETA for when DMP will be available for 1.0? Can't wait to mine asteroids with my buddies! :D

I've done the bare minimum needed to get it going for 1.0 (as in fixed the things squad moved), I've chucked the build up on my build page, with a direct link here.

I'll comb over everything tomorrow and repost here, along with removing that branch and putting it in the unstable build. If it behaves for a few days I'll release :)

I might just be retarded, but when I generated a new ModControl.txt (for the new parts, I don't have any other mods than DMP installed), it somehow didn't recognize the new "Flea" booster. As its a private server, I just disabled ModControl for now, but it might be worth looking into, if all new parts aren't working.

I have a question though: Is there a way to make crew "unavailable" in the way that you actually have to hire them from the astronaut complex in career? New crew is supposed to cost funds, but I currently have a LOT of kerbals ready to be assigned (completely new server)

Just started a v1.0 server with locked down parts and it's complaining smallBooster.sm is not a valid part.

This is sort of reasonable as the part is called smallBooster_sm in both the client and the server parts list, however I'm not sure why it's deciding to tell the server is has a . instead of an _

Can anyone point me to where I should start investigating this?

Having some issues with between-client updates. It doesn't seem to be transferring (all) vessel recoveries, nor kerbals re-entering vessels between different players. This means I'm seeing a Kerbal copied every time another player does an EVA, but not disappearing when he goes back on-board:

http://i.imgur.com/cr3aOFW.png

why does it tell me that I have "invalid key for user" under handshake protocol? It does this on like every server I try to join?

I think that's if you're connecting to a server with a different name, or with your usual name from a different install instance; servers give every client that joins a 'key' which can be finicky.

why does it tell me that I have "invalid key for user" under handshake protocol? It does this on like every server I try to join?

Change your name to something else and then try again. You may have deleted the DMP folder including your private key that is associated with that name.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.