DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Don't nail me but I think somwhere goodarklight wrote something about that reverting is playing havoc with the server, so better play without it.... it does not work very well and since i play dmp it never did nore does.

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Don't nail me but I think somwhere goodarklight wrote something about that reverting is playing havoc with the server, so better play without it.... it does not work very well and since i play dmp it never did nore does.

I've had similar experiences. Just play like a man and stop reverting :)

Isn't there a way to port all my current ships and flights from a single-player saved game to a server I create?  I've tried using 'Generate from Universe' and copying the contents of the Universe folder, but while all my Kerbals show up where they should be in the Administration building (Jeb is piloting Pioneer 3, etc.), none of the actual spacecraft show up in the tracking center.

rockytvs gonna work on dmp again :D

[18:21] <Vassily> I printed half the code lol
[18:21] <firecore> OH NO PIRACY LOL
[18:21] <firecore> :3
[18:21] <Thomas> Vassily: I think I could nuke the whole ksp planet in one second, by quitting Kopernicus development, and it would just die :P Because noone understands the code (except the ppl who are busy 24/7)
[18:22] <Vassily> ahahha yeah
[18:22] <firecore> ik
[18:22] <firecore> Thomas
[18:22] <Vassily> What about the wiki?
[18:22] <firecore> I didn't know you were kopercinus dev.
[18:22] <RockyTV> ok, this gave me "energy" to work on DMP after quite a long time
[18:22] <firecore> yay :3
[18:22] <Vassily> gg thom :)
[18:23] <Vassily> I am proceduralprobes dev, but is only a small config.. xD
[18:23] <firecore> xD
[18:23] <Thomas> :D

^ thats all you need for evidence.

Edited by Kaizen

What @Kaizen said above is true, however, I can't promise anything. I will do my best to push a few fixes here and there, but I'm not promising anything. These years are pretty rough for me due to some personal stuff, but I will keep the challenge.

I just pushed 2 things right now, one fixing the tracking station bug where nothing would be shown on it after a new game was created, and other adds new gameplay settings for server admins. Beware that this is a protocol bump, thus if you are using a release client, I wouldn't recommend connecting to development servers.

Godarklight- I know you're not playing kerbal a lot, but I wanted you to see this:

Log]: [712.9723] DarkMultiPlayer: Threw in UpdateEvent, exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
  at DarkMultiPlayer.Client.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This happens repeatedly in the debug log--over and over and over.

Does this mod work with 1.1.3? I have used the updater to install the mod onto my client, and i am running the server on the same computer and both are version 0.2.3.0. My client has no mods other than the DMP client and the server universe has never been played on. I am trying to connect for the first time, it fails and says, "Connection error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". When this happens the server says:

[20:19:27][INFO] : New client connection from [::ffff:192.168.1.1]:60286
[20:19:27][INFO] : Client Player handshook successfully, version: v0.2.3.0
[20:19:27][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 1, connected: 1
[20:19:27][INFO] : Client Player disconnected in Send Network Message, endpoint [::ffff:192.168.1.1]:60286, error: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)
[20:19:27][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 0, connected: 0
[20:19:27][DEBUG] : Error closing client connection: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

The client will also sometimes say "Connection error: Unhandled error while syncing" when trying to connect and the server says the same. The client log shows an error being printed about 70 times a second which is:

[LOG 20:19:52.814] [1023.396] DarkMultiPlayer: Threw in UpdateEvent, exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
  at DarkMultiPlayer.Client.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Due to this I cannot provide the log entries for when I fail to connect because the log is flooded with this message.

Okay, seems like the missing method exception was fixed by recompiling DMP with the new DLLs. I've recompiled and here are the unstable and development (master) versions to download. Please note that these versions are not compatible with 0.2.3.0 servers.

The only thing that differs right now unstable from master is that unstable has a commit that prevents a certain ScenarioModule of the Kopernicus mod from being loaded (client-side).

Download DMP Unstable for 1.1.3

Download DMP Master (development) for 1.1.3

Err.... I can't even? I can't even even. I'm all odd now.

The method TimeWarp.SetRate is *definitely* there in both the linux and windows Assembly-CSharp.dll files. It compiles without error (and I've forced a rebuild of the development and unstable builds against 1.1.3, which appear to work on linux here). But that error pops up on windows somehow anyway?

SQUAD WHAT DID YOU DO!

(More seriously, I'll see if I can convince RockyTV to build it for me and I'll provide rocky's build on the build server if it works).

EDIT: I've had one person confirm that the latest dev build against 1.1.3 works, if a few other people tell me it works (one that had problems 1.1.3), I'll tag a release.

Edited by godarklight

Hello,

I tryed on Windows with the 1.1.3 ksp and the latest dev builds for DMP server & clinent and it dosen't work for us.

Sorry. Could you please fix it? The MP is the one think KSP is hardly missing.

Thank you

Phos

Hmm even with the new 2.3.1 version my friend and I are still having issues. We're getting the same message " Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)" When trying to connect to the host.

I just pushed a new feature to the unstable branch, please test and provide feedback. Server admins can now provide a setting that will make DMP kick users that have been idle (no keyboard or mouse buttons pressed) for the defined amount of time.

As always, release, master and unstable builds are available on @godarklight's build server.

Edited by RockyTV

On 6/29/2016 at 8:35 PM, popos1 said:

Hello,

I have a little question:
Sometimes when i was revert flight and after reconnect i see a duplicated ship, i'm doing something wrong in config or something else?

Don't revert flights. That isn't a good idea with DMP.

Hey guys! For some reason, no asteroids are spawning in my DMP world. I've checked the settings for number of asteroids spawned in the DMP config, I've verified my game files, and I've restarted the universe. Am I missing something here?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.