DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Is this Dev Build from DMP or is it what dagger made or is it a blend? I am a little bit confused right now...

Anyway i appreciate the hard work you guys do!

What Schtiebuu sent you is the DMP.

Mine is still not released to the public (you have to compile it)

Still, future looks good on my fork :) https://youtu.be/5LLrUTSJYMM

14 hours ago, Dagger said:

Nice demo! The movement of airplane seems to be more stable. and when one of the plane landed down, the other one hadn't exploded!

Edited by EBOSHI

On 14. 10. 2016 at 5:43 PM, Dagger said:

Wow! Nice improvment of this amazing mod... The best thing on it is the not-exploding plane on landing :D

Just a question, will you be able in (distant) future reduce the lag, or is it set by some part of code...?

Yes, in the video I didn't had the latest version but you're supposed to be interpolating from 500ms in the past.

In the latest version it works better and you can reduce it to 250ms. Bear in mind that it will never be possible to reduce it more as the packets must travel to the server, then to your computer and then you must have a buffer to interpolate to so 500ms is the best option I've found.

Unfortunately there are still some performance issues as the calculations are a bit complex and when the vessel gets damaged or destroyed it's not handled correctly so it will take time to release it...

8 hours ago, Dagger said:

Unfortunately there are still some performance issues as the calculations are a bit complex and when the vessel gets damaged or destroyed it's not handled correctly so it will take time to release it...

Nobody can make product perfectly. I'm playing in original-DMP now. Then I'm getting lots of fun from it, no doubt. Even though it has some lags and several defects.
You can take your time and should make yourself comfortable.

Edited by EBOSHI

Your video is impressive.

If DMP was and is fantastic

this is another step ahead....

I hope that in Lan wehre you got less then 10 ms ping normally it will be able to high five in orbit someday...

but thats just a dream now...

Take all the time you need  and carry on! :-)

Edited by Nightmare

15 hours ago, Dagger said:

In the latest version it works better and you can reduce it to 250ms. Bear in mind that it will never be possible to reduce it more as the packets must travel to the server, then to your computer and then you must have a buffer to interpolate to so 500ms is the best option I've found.

You are definitely mistaken here. If the server is running locally on your computer, the latency should not be much higher than 5 or 10 ms. Network messages are fast, even a large network message will arrive virtually instantly. If you're required to have such massive latency in the system, something is going wrong or something has been written inefficiently. Needing 500ms as a baseline latency between a locally networked program is absurd. I'm only saying this because I don't appreciate you giving users less knowledgeable about programming the wrong idea. You can network KSP with the exact same amount of latency as any regular co-op game, i.e. approximately 50ms or better.

If there is a person with knowledge and wiseness here, the person will help the Modder to make the MOD. instead of interrupting.

A person not to do so as is the person who is not so. just like me.

Edited by EBOSHI

4 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The tone of discussions here does not need to be so aggressive. Please keep in mind that other forum members, whether right or wrong (I do not know), are trying to help. 

My apologies, as I said before I only want to dispel misconceptions. It's not helpful to give other forum users false expectations.

49 minutes ago, EBOSHI said:

If there is a person with knowledge and wiseness here, the person will help the Modder to make the MOD. instead of interrupting.

A person not to do so as is the person who is not so.

Am I the one interrupting? This person is posting about their own mod in a thread for somebody else's. I can help them by saying that if they are finding 500ms to be necessary for whatever they are trying to do, there is a fundamental issue with the design, and they may want to examine that.

12 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Am I the one interrupting? This person is posting about their own mod in a thread for somebody else's. I can help them by saying that if they are finding 500ms to be necessary for whatever they are trying to do, there is a fundamental issue with the design, and they may want to examine that.

If my expression was wrong, I'm sorry about it.
I couldn't appreciate that your article was helping Modder. I was fool enough to feel that your post seems vague criticism and less concrete suggestion.
Unquestionably, you can show the way for the network concretely.

56 minutes ago, Kieran said:

This person is posting about their own mod in a thread for somebody else's.

He is an accredited Modder for making DMP-fork.

Edited by EBOSHI

@Kieran You are free the modify my code as you want and do it better than me. I chose 500ms as in MY case it was the best option (I use latency simulation), I know that many other games use 100ms or less (Counter strike for ex) so if you think you can do better, why don't you try it?

EDIT: BTW, I never said that all games work with as much latency as I did. And anyway, it's still not even released so there's room for improvement

Edited by Dagger

9 hours ago, Dagger said:

EDIT: BTW, I never said that all games work with as much latency as I did. And anyway, it's still not even released so there's room for improvement

Sorry, I didn't mean to put words into your mouth. I am interested in taking a look at the source code, but I can't exactly promise I'm going to work on it. I'm sorry for being aggressive with my first post, I'm just concerned with developers giving users the impression that their current machines are weaker than they actually are, or that something is technically infeasible when it is not.

Take the developers of STALKER, for example. They said that their game system was too complicated to implement multiplayer, they literally claimed it was impossible. As a result, people didn't attempt to create a multiplayer mod for years. It's only just recently that a mod group has decided to work on a multiplayer mod for that game, and once they tried doing it they found it was a very simple matter. The original developers just made that claim because they didn't have the time or resources, and they mislead an entire community for years because of it. All talk of STALKER multiplayer was immediately silenced because "the devs say its impossible," until a team finally came out with proof of concept videos showing that it was indeed very possible.

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I'd to add that KSP was not designed for Multiplayer gaming and some clients operations needed to update each player state can consume much more time than for others games designed with multiplayer in mind (like CS)

There is definitely a lot more information to sync between players than the average game. The most analogous multiplayer game would be Garry's Mod, because all the contraptions in it are created from physics objects, just like in KSP. And in that case, Gmod manages to network hundreds of individual physics objects in real time without sacrificing latency.

10 hours ago, EBOSHI said:

If my expression was wrong, I'm sorry about it.
I couldn't appreciate that your article was helping Modder. I was fool enough to feel that your post seems vague criticism and less concrete suggestion.
Unquestionably, you can show the way for the network concretely.

日本語は喋る、それのほうが易しいですか