DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Hey darklight

I dont know why, but my AVG antivirus just deleted your server.exe, as it recognized it as a virus. Do you know what's going on?

Edit: It was a fresh new dev version I downloaded.

Edit2: I just restored it. AVG said that it had something to do with identitiy protection?

Edited by Trailers
Update

How does this mod work for players with high ping or bad internet? I remember trying to play KMP with a friend who has satellite internet and ~1000ms ping, and every time he left the safety zone around KSC and tried to load a vessel he would instantly DC. I only have 50kB/s upload max, but we were getting the same issues with him hosting so I think it was a problem on his end.

How does this mod work for players with high ping or bad internet? I remember trying to play KMP with a friend who has satellite internet and ~1000ms ping, and every time he left the safety zone around KSC and tried to load a vessel he would instantly DC. I only have 50kB/s upload max, but we were getting the same issues with him hosting so I think it was a problem on his end.

Try it. You won't be disappointed. Check out the SSI server if interested:

KerbalCentral.com/SSI

@Treki26: Mono is the open-source implementation of the .NET framework, which is what KSP (which ships its own version) runs on. DMPServer requires mono to be installed though: http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:OSX#Installing_Mono_on_MacOS_X

I'm unsure if you can just click on the exe on mac, but either way you can definitely open it with the terminal. Type 'mono DMPServer.exe' when your in the correct folder and it should look like this linux screenshot.

@Trailers: This has happened before with avast, and it's been reported in the IRC. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about the false positives - You can either download visual studio / monodevelop and compile it for yourself, or you'll have to wait until I push another build (The report was against current dev). Most AV programs make whitelisting annoying.

@rdswo: Satellite internet might be a bit of a stretch, but definitely try it out. While I was working on KMP, every time I went over my internet quota (we have metering in Australia), I stop working on normal problems and start trying to make the network system more resistant to disconnections. As it stands, You need about 10-30kb/s traffic both ways per currently connected flying client, so you should be fine with 2 or 3 players. I had a 700ms ping to a server on the other side of the world and it worked quite well, but I can't speak for satellite connections.

@ingima: Definitely, The only way to know for sure is to try it out :). There's more servers in the server list (which will be replaced soon by DP110's prettier looking version).

Hey,

so ive tryed it with some friends and basicly we all get the undock bug everytime.

So as soon as a Player fastens time/warps, nearly all of his ship parts start to seperate.

We have the lastest version, and this happens all the time sadly. So basicly i hae to say i love this mod and how it works - but since this bug appears its basicly not playable... :-/

i forgot to mention - when the parts seperate the stage overview als gets messed up, the different stages remain, however theyre instantly all empty. but it also appears the player can sometimes still control those seperated parts

Edited by T1663R

@T1663R: If possible, can you record the problem and upload it to youtube?

I've only just done some basic testing, but docking and undocking worked fine for me (spectator docking looks bugged).

Also is this latest dev or latest release (0.1.4.2)?

Hey, my friend and I are using the latest release version and I have a strange bug with quicksave/quickload? Not sure if this system is implemented and working 100%, tried searching but the search term "quicksave" didn't get any hits. Anyway, when I load a quicksave the game slows to a crawl and about 400 of the ship I was flying when I quicksaved appear around me. Not sure if this is a documented bug, but here are pics:

http://i.imgur.com/xmf9j1n.png

http://i.imgur.com/dReQ8io.png

Have had a hunt but can't really find anything; is there an intention to, or is there already a way to have a whitelist to manage who can access the server?

Even the ability to set a password, would be great.

@T1663R: If possible, can you record the problem and upload it to youtube?

I've only just done some basic testing, but docking and undocking worked fine for me (spectator docking looks bugged).

Also is this latest dev or latest release (0.1.4.2)?

hey,

we use last dev release, im gonna make you the youtube video later and post it here.

@Yalin Hawk: I've added a loading throttle to quickload which may help with that problem. I suspect that happened by holding F9.

@kofeyh: Whitelisting is now in dev, which should be better than 0.1.4.2 atm. Twitch always brings out the best bugs, so I'll have to catch you on your stream one day ;)

Hey,

so ive made the video :

This happens always, but only outside of the planet, if i try it right after start while im still acending this bug doesnt appear, but as soon as im in some kind of orbiting hight and apply warp the stuff undocks.

as ive mentioned we have last dev realease, im having this issue on osx, my Friends both on windows.

ATM we have it running on a dedicated server, heres the last line of the server debug Output : (ive not undocked as you see in the video)

18746203kj.png

EDIT

ive just now tryed, this happens no matter what parts i use, i just used stock parts, same problem.

Edited by T1663R

@kofeyh: Whitelisting is now in dev, which should be better than 0.1.4.2 atm. Twitch always brings out the best bugs, so I'll have to catch you on your stream one day ;)

Awesome. This will be very helpful.

Have streamed once already; DMP is pretty impressive. Few bugs but a great deal of fun. :)

@T1663R: I'm tempted to believe that's not DMP - Can you fly the exact same vessel in single player to confirm?

The only thing I do is put the vessel on rails (basically disable physics) and jump the time if the game lags, but your clock was still green so that shouldn't have been it... I'm hoping that is simply funny vessel clipping combined with physwarp playing silly buggers :-/

@kofeyh: Good to hear, I could imagine bad things would happen if hundreds of people tried to join in on a server. The most I've had online at any one time was 12 and it seemed ok, but we weren't doing a great deal of interactive stuff.

:)

Hello,

today we tried to play this mod.

My buddy hosts the server and if i try to connect to the server i get a handshake failure.

http://i.gyazo.com/a37e7e47e7bb78e34a14cef5d04f595a.png

Do you know how to fix this error?

Hi.

I've been playing around with DMP myself, and it looks like you're using a development build. These builds tend to change quite often, so both you and your buddy need to agree on when to run the updater to grab the latest version.

If you already use DMPUpdater, you can tell your client to pull the latest development version by renaming the file DMPUpdater-development.exe (or copying to a new file with that name). This way you can switch between the latest stable or development builds depending on the updater.

I'll ping darklight on Espernet/#DMP and let him know of the post. Hope that helps!

So, this happened when I was on the SSI server....

(I was orbiting Laythe, and then the Mun in the last two pics, as I'd gone to Laythe, and the Mun was a good screenshot point.)

ZWOetIm.png

iCiDGG4.png

klBSAaH.png

Another player noticed the sudden changes as well.

(I know my copy runs A-OK, since the only mods I run are clientside: Kerbpaint, texture replacer, and EVE.)

I think it's safe to say mod controls cannot block HyperEdit use...

However, I have to say that a binary system with two Earth/Kerbin-like planets would be a cool in-game place.

Also, the planets that appeared to have moved were Laythe and Eeloo.

@zergcheese: technicalfool is 100% right - You're using a release client to connect to a dev server ;)

@ScriptKitt3h: (Untested, but a pretty educated guess) The vessel positions are transferred by a reference body and the orbital parameters, for the other players the other planets will still be in the correct postition, but the orbits around the bodies should be drawn correctly around the body. The planet positions aren't transferred though.

I believe planetfactory / RSS and other planetary mods should work fine too.

And mod controls definitely can block hyperedit - Either add it to the blacklist or use whitelist without adding it ;)

@zergcheese: technicalfool is 100% right - You're using a release client to connect to a dev server ;)

@ScriptKitt3h: (Untested, but a pretty educated guess) The vessel positions are transferred by a reference body and the orbital parameters, for the other players the other planets will still be in the correct postition, but the orbits around the bodies should be drawn correctly around the body. The planet positions aren't transferred though.

I believe planetfactory / RSS and other planetary mods should work fine too.

And mod controls definitely can block hyperedit - Either add it to the blacklist or use whitelist without adding it ;)

Ok. Good to know... I'll re-log onto SSI and see if it's OK. If not, :(

I'll have to say this: "Kerbin, we have a problem."

Hey I just added my server to the public server list, and now I am getting connections from an IP that I am going to assume is the server list making queries. However all the queries end in "Invalid DMP message" and I assume that's why the server remains unlisted. Do I need to have ports open other than that of the standard connection port? or has something else gone terribly wrong?

[22:44:31][INFO] : New client connection from x.x.x.x:50364
[22:44:31][INFO] : Disconnecting client Unknown, sent CONNECTION_END to endpoint x.x.x.x:50364
[22:44:31][INFO] : Invalid DMP message from x.x.x.x:50364

@Alshain: Is it possible that this is caused by any firewall software? - I've left DMP connected for hours before, and there's also this bug report from someone that accidently left their computer logged in which suggests this isn't an issue for everyone, but it definitely affects some people and I'll need to figure out what is causing it first. If possible, can you come visit me on IRC (there's a chat thing on my build server download page)?

@nikdog: You need to enter the HTTP port (default 8081), not the game port. The server list scrapes the json info ;)

Well I had changed my HTTP port to 80, which is forwarded. I guess I will have to try switching it back to 8081.

Edit: I am dumb..... I just now realised what you meant. I need to put the HTTP port on the server list xD

Edited by nikdog

When I Try To Load It In KSP, It Loads The Box But Completely Blank. Can Someone Help Me?

P.S I'm Running It On Ubuntu 14.04.

You most likely need to copy the DarkMultiPlayer folder found under DMPClient.zip\DMPClient\GameData from the client .zip package into your KerbalSpaceProgram\GameData folder.