DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

I knew the positioning system had problems, but now I know for sure how bad the problem is with numbers, and in which order to fix them!

a) It seems like HackyInAtmoLoader is broken, it should be moving the vessel when it's physics are disabled

b) Because HackyLoaded vessels are "landed" in the air, their unpack (physics enabled) distance is 200m.

c) Angular velocity, I knew it was borked, I didn't realise it was this borked.

d) Flappy wing syndrome. I suspect saving the part bending and re-applying it after the pos update will fix this.

41 minutes ago, godarklight said:

I knew the positioning system had problems, but now I know for sure how bad the problem is with numbers, and in which order to fix them!

a) It seems like HackyInAtmoLoader is broken, it should be moving the vessel when it's physics are disabled

b) Because HackyLoaded vessels are "landed" in the air, their unpack (physics enabled) distance is 200m.

c) Angular velocity, I knew it was borked, I didn't realise it was this borked.

d) Flappy wing syndrome. I suspect saving the part bending and re-applying it after the pos update will fix this.

I dont recall it being this bad, but does this mean that an update is on its way? :-D

could someone help me out?

i installed DMP and i am playing on a server with a few friends, but my game keeps crashing at random moments, like when i switch from building, just finished a flight, go to launchpad. When i start up the game and exit, verify my files in steam, it will say 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired, every time. even if i quit before i enter a server. My friends don't have this problem for some reason, they don't crash. How can i fix this?

i have only 1 mod installed, and that's DMP.

12 hours ago, mapijs said:

could someone help me out?

i installed DMP and i am playing on a server with a few friends, but my game keeps crashing at random moments, like when i switch from building, just finished a flight, go to launchpad. When i start up the game and exit, verify my files in steam, it will say 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired, every time. even if i quit before i enter a server. My friends don't have this problem for some reason, they don't crash. How can i fix this?

i have only 1 mod installed, and that's DMP.

Can you give us the logs?

@mapijs I personally don't use steam, I bought it from the store. The only thing I can think of is steam ships a config file, but DMP does not touch the user settings - although accepting or rejecting the data gathering thing KSP probably does?. It'd be nice if steam told you *what* file it was redownloading.

4 hours ago, mapijs said:

can anyone besides godarklight take a look at my error logs? he doesn't seem to be on this forum a lot.

I’ll poke him on Discord, I can’t find any oddness myself in the logs, that’s why I’d rather have him taking care of it.

Did try to just re-download and install the entire game? If not, try that, it helps quite often with almost everything. Don’t forget to backup your saves folder (this also contains your own made ships)!!!

53 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

I’ll poke him on Discord, I can’t find any oddness myself in the logs, that’s why I’d rather have him taking care of it.

Did try to just re-download and install the entire game? If not, try that, it helps quite often with almost everything. Don’t forget to backup your saves folder (this also contains your own made ships)!!!

so if i backup the folder saves, it will also save my progress on a multiplayer server? how far i'm in the tech tree,funds,upgrades etc.?

2 hours ago, mapijs said:

so if i backup the folder saves, it will also save my progress on a multiplayer server? how far i'm in the tech tree,funds,upgrades etc.?

That’s saved on the server for each player.

1 hour ago, Umptor said:

Hello,
I was wondering how I could go about applying this fix to my own DMP server:
https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer/pull/361
I have a small degree of experience in coding and MVS is already installed.

Re-compiling it, I’m sure there’s a guide on the DMP GitHub Wiki.

I've recompiled it and used the files in Server\bin\Debug for the server and replaced the 4 dll files in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DarkMultiPlayer\Plugins with the ones in Client\bin\Debug but we still lose rep.
My friend and I have been wanting to play KSP for weeks now but we can't because of this reputation bug.

11 hours ago, Umptor said:

I've recompiled it and used the files in Server\bin\Debug for the server and replaced the 4 dll files in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DarkMultiPlayer\Plugins with the ones in Client\bin\Debug but we still lose rep.
My friend and I have been wanting to play KSP for weeks now but we can't because of this reputation bug.

Use the cheat console to re-add the rep yourself in that case.

I've noticed the rep losses myself also, quite annoying but it never got in the way for me.

since i'm not really getting any response from darklight, i will post the error logs from after the previous ones were made, in case they might help more.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3kxd2iojb2jjt

for some weird reason mediafire refused to upload the crash.dmp files of 2017-12-08_110854  and 2017-12-06_185100

when i tried to manually upload these, mediafire told me "File upload failed due to a network timeout. Please retry upload. Depending on your browser, this may have been caused by attempting to upload a folder. Folder uploads are not permitted."

could be completely unrelated to the problem, but at the same time, maybe it could be related (yes, retried to upload these two multple times, same result).

1 hour ago, mapijs said:

since i'm not really getting any response from darklight, i will post the error logs from after the previous ones were made, in case they might help more.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3kxd2iojb2jjt

for some weird reason mediafire refused to upload the crash.dmp files of 2017-12-08_110854  and 2017-12-06_185100

when i tried to manually upload these, mediafire told me "File upload failed due to a network timeout. Please retry upload. Depending on your browser, this may have been caused by attempting to upload a folder. Folder uploads are not permitted."

could be completely unrelated to the problem, but at the same time, maybe it could be related (yes, retried to upload these two multple times, same result).

Did you try re-downloading and reinstalling the game as I advised?

@mapijs try running the game with admin permissions. I read your output logs / error logs and notice that mono.dll was throwing a access violation error. Also, 83% memory was in use at the time of the crash, which means that ether there is a memory leak or you graphics settings are too high. So you may want to try lowering your graphics settings.

8 minutes ago, Caylis1397 said:

@mapijs try running the game with admin permissions. I read your output logs / error logs and notice that mono.dll was throwing a access violation error. Also, 83% memory was in use at the time of the crash, which means that ether there is a memory leak or you graphics settings are too high. So you may want to try lowering your graphics settings.

the graphic card on my pc is excrements, but if that was the problem, why would it only happen in dmp? but it would explain why the crashes only happen when loading (entering a building, getting back from a launch), because the game will demand more from the pc at those moments right?

2 hours ago, mapijs said:

the graphic card on my pc is excrements, but if that was the problem, why would it only happen in dmp? but it would explain why the crashes only happen when loading (entering a building, getting back from a launch), because the game will demand more from the pc at those moments right?

You are crashing when you revert correct? If so it would seem that something is wrong in DMP, as your logs were spamming stuff about DMP's warp worker.

To be precise, it was saying it had a null reference error in it's subspace sorter. Unfortunately I don't know why it is throwing this error.

Also did you try running KSP with admin rights?

20 hours ago, Caylis1397 said:

You are crashing when you revert correct? If so it would seem that something is wrong in DMP, as your logs were spamming stuff about DMP's warp worker.

To be precise, it was saying it had a null reference error in it's subspace sorter. Unfortunately I don't know why it is throwing this error.

Also did you try running KSP with admin rights?

yeah, i run as admin.

Hello! i was wondering if i could get some help. i want to run DMP but it always gets stuck at the end of the loading screen, not the black spinning planet one, but the yellow bar with pictures and splash text. it suddenly starts 1/3 of the way through the download, goes back to the start, then goes to the asset bundle definitions for 1/4 of a second, and instead of the usual podcockpit being the last thing that needs to load, it's now a radialdrill. module manager also states that 0 patches have been applied, so maybe i installed it wrong. as far as i know, it never moves past this stage, so i don't know what could be wrong.

EDIT: ok, scratch everything, i got it working! lol i just needed to verify the integrity of KSP and re-download it and i'm good. great mod though!

Edited by Bluecrafter07

• 2 weeks later...