DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

First off, I wanted to thank all of the devs working on KSP multiplayer. It's an ambitious and awesome idea.

Just tried to start up a cooperative career game with a friend of mine. Unfortunately, we're suffering from the shared-reputation/kerbal deaths/lost vessels bugs, and to a pretty extreme extent. Even when we land vessels and recover them successfully, they sometimes count as destroyed, kerbals count as dead, reputation gets decreased, etc.,

Randomly, the kerbals may or may not come back to life (reputation isn't being refunded), and we see random explosions on the launch pad when nothing is going on there. No idea what's going on.

Caylis, would it be possible to get an upload of the DMP client forked version with your fixes (and any other important career-mode fixes or attempts at fixes released since the last official update)? The game is currently unplayable for us, and navigating the Git is proving difficult.

Kerbal DMP was never meant to be used with career mod and in past versions of KSP it was changed to some extend. The career multiplayer is higly experimental and contain bugs. The developer of DMP Darklight is now cooperating with us, developers of LMP or LunaMultiplayer which is overally complete rewrite of the DMP with improvements and in future probably some mod support or API. We haven't support mods or career yet, but I suggest watching our progress. :wink:

Have fun!

Ave! Toonu

Thanks for the heads-up on all of that, Toonu! Honestly, we would be satisfied with a much simpler multiplayer than what DMP is currently doing in some regards. The expectation going in was that we would not all be able to fly vessels simultaneously, but rather one person would fly while others observed/worked on new ships, etc,. and all resources (science, funds, ore, etc.,) would be totally shared, basically just a single science program with multiple administrators. It seems to me that that would be much easier to implement, overall - especially if one player is specified as the host, and their files are used by all. Thoughts?

Hello, I don't know if this is an issue with the file or my pc, but multiple scans on my pc have said that the DMP Server executable has a virus or can harm my pc.

I'm asking if this is a common problem that is nothing to worry about or if the file has been compromised

Thanks for reading

Edit: Never mind, it was just Windows Defender being dumb

Edited by LazDaUber

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i cannot connect to friends server   

how i set up the ksp for DMP :

1. uninstal ksp from pc

2. make steam instal KSP again

3. copy KSP folder from steam 

4.paste copy of KSP folder to another folder in the same disk

5. rename the ksp folder to "Kerbal Spaceporgram Multiplayer"

6. download copy of friends gamedata folder so we have exactly same mods

7. paste the contents of friends gamedata folder to my gamedata folder

8. run KSP 64bit

9. try to connect to the server

10: this:

27294121_10213728869969359_1061156048_n.

Edited by KOCOUR

On 25-1-2018 at 11:46 AM, KOCOUR said:

Hi

i cannot connect to friends server   

how i set up the ksp for DMP :

1. uninstal ksp from pc

2. make steam instal KSP again

3. copy KSP folder from steam 

4.paste copy of KSP folder to another folder in the same disk

5. rename the ksp folder to "Kerbal Spaceporgram Multiplayer"

6. download copy of friends gamedata folder so we have exactly same mods

7. paste the contents of friends gamedata folder to my gamedata folder

8. run KSP 64bit

9. try to connect to the server

10: this:

27294121_10213728869969359_1061156048_n.

You forgot to install the DMP mod if you did follow these steps.

Also; the image isn't available.

• 3 weeks later...

@Smart Parts Wanter autoDekessler simply removes all vessels that have the type "debris". NukeKSC removes all the vessels around the KSC, things get pretty laggy around there otherwise on busy servers, but by default I think only autoDekessler is enabled. It's been a while since I've checked :P

For everyone:

Sorry about the server list everyone, VITAS has been pretty scarce and I didn't realise I had the ability to log on and fix it. Yay SSH keys.

Both the official list, and my backup list should now work fine.

Also, the forums are a pretty terrible way to get a hold of me currently, I've been most active in the LMP discord, but I will also reply to anyone in the DMP channel on irc.esper.net

We also do have a discord server, my intention was to start fixing DMP in places it has broken, and get some people testing out. But I'm not exactly sure how my motivation is for the mod at the moment, and LMP is starting to look promising :)

Edited by godarklight

Hello ! first ,  sorry for my weak english ! x°) 

I think i have some kind of solution for the famous " Warping paradox , problem " ... with this " solution " we could play without any problem and in a perfect synch world with others players.. ( i think )

We use mostly the warping to warp at a certain point in the univers, for exemple : 

I'm orbiting the earth and i need to land on Duna ( Mars ) so i use timewarp to align my orbit to encounter Duna, 

Here, the solution "without" Timewarp.... =

Have a script that "calculate" Appx the distance and Fuel we have + our orbit and trajectory, and time, then it show us some other orbit that we can choose, then if i need to go further but i dont have any fuel left in my main stage , i just Stage again to use the upperpart of my rocket and so on... ( teleportation )

It's hard to explain and to give more info, but the main idea is : show a trajectory on the map that show us ,how far we can go with the actual stage ( not the full rocket ) and select the aera , and teleport us to the point , a other good exemple :

I'm flying toward the space center, i got 50/100 fuel and i'm at 50Km distance, it would take me ( for EXEMPLE ) 30Min, What do i do without Warp? ,  i just AIM to the direction of the center , and on the map view ( from above ) it show me a path that i can choose, and i just select where i need to go and it will teleport me and use the fuel that i need in theory.. The showing trajectory look like the mod called : [1.3.1] Trajectories v2.0.0 (2018-02-15) : atmospheric predictions.

it would require some test but i think it's the best solution without using warp ? .

of course we will encounter some probleme, but minor one ,  like colision, if i teleport where a other player are, but we could make a script that will just teleport us at a safe distance..

• 3 weeks later...

Version v0.2.5.0 now supports KSP 1.4.1

I've had another stab at positioning, hopefully things aren't *as* broken as they were :)

EDIT:

I released v0.2.5.1, the extrapolator has been broken forever but never got a lot of testing with a proper amount of latency, and you can turn it off if you want to trade accuracy for less explosions, you'll see them from where they sent the update instead of where they should be, this is with a second of lag:

Demonstrating the tradeoff on ground (0.5s lag):

Edited by godarklight

Or, I could do interpolation instead, which is now the default in v0.2.5.2:

It *should* be this smooth so long as the combined player lag is under a second, in any case there's options, under options->advanced.

Extrapolation with rotation: Steps the plane to the current time, rotating the acceleration through the stepping (Unsure if this is a good idea).

Extrapolation without rotation: DMP's old predictor method, but fixed with stepping (and not broken math).

Disabled: Puts the vessel where the update says it is, unless you have a very stable latency this is almost certainly going to cause position jitter.

Interpolation, 1 second delay (the default): Allows 1 seconds worth of updates to build up, so DMP can smoothly place the craft between the two points.

Interpolation, 3 seconds delay: As above, but 3 seconds. You may have to use this if you have Australian Internet (TM).

I'm going to recommend Extrapolation (either mode) for LAN play, and Interpolation 1 second delay for internet play.

This only affects surface updates (which are anything under 10km)

Edited by godarklight

Released v0.2.5.3, I realised that orbital updates were getting delayed when they shouldn't have been - orbital updates are extrapolated anyway and have no reason to be held back. Also I had an attempt at the load/unload vessel flicker I saw recently.

I've been running a DMP server at home for some friends, and I thought you guys might like this.

rYzNFF3.png

The above is a snippet from a website running off of live(ish) data, pulled from the files on disk.
More to do yet, I do plan on adding maps of each body locating the individual vessels.
And I might even add a 3D visualizer showing you the ships in a Map like format.

@njbrown09 LunaMultiPlayer has essentially made my set up my dev environment so I can help dagger out, but I figured I may as well implement anything I learn back into DMP. It's also that I didn't want to leave DMP as broken as it was when it finally dies :wink:

@Jollyfellow way ahead of you, DMP 0.2.5.4

Edited by godarklight

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, my server runs great on ksp 1.4.2 , but i got problem with client. it seems like every time i quit ksp client i need to reinstall game becouse DMP menu window is not showing up, is there any key bind or somethink to show that window??

• 1 month later...