DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

@lancefoxcia: In atmo spawning doesn't work, and orbital positioning has about a 40-100m error currently. It should work on something like the surface of minmus/the mun though (you just have to be under 10km) :)

@Uberlyuber: That wasn't DMP, you might want to double check your other mods ;).

Are we going to see coop career mode in 0.1.4.0?

When flying around KSC with a friend of mine, we only sometimes can see each other. Sometimes even only A sees B but B doesn't see A. Why is that? We also tried to shoot each other with some decoupler-missiles but it seemed that these were also not synced to the other player.

I read somewhere that in-atmo vessels are only shown when they are within 2,5km of the player. Will this ristriction fall sometime in the future? I'd like to see each other when we are ascending into orbit at nearly the same time.

Many questions I konw, but I really see great potential in your mod, as it is much better (fewer bugs) that KMP, even with your first release.

@ssl: I think I'm actually going to need co-op in the future, But if it makes it into 0.1.4, which it probably will, it will be a fairly simple system where you place a scenario node in the Scenarios/Shared/ folder and players will work out of the shared folder for that one scenario node.

Currentlly vessels have to be spawned on the ground first for the full update to work, but after that the position updates work fine in the air. If one player is already flying but the other is on the ground, the flying player will see the ground player spawn in but the ground player will never see the flying player until they land.

The 2.5km limit is imposed by KSP (Anything that's flying will be removed after this distance) - But I'd like to find out a way to bump that higher. Simply bumping the unpack/pack distances don't appear to be enough. I believe this only kicks in under 22km (for kerbin), but I'd like to use the same limit as KSP. Whether they are hard coded values or simply a certain pressure is yet to be determined :P

In atmo-spawning is a seperate issue, but it would also be a very nice thing to have. I have gotten this working before, but I'm unsure how reliable the method was. I'll test it again soon :)

@TJPrime, The server download button is right under the client download button on my build server, which is the only place you can currently get DMP anyway :)

DMPUpdater works in the server directory, but you do have to download the server first.

You should just be able to run the server as is, it will create the universe directory and the settings / mod file on the first start.

There's only one extra step if you are running linux (unsure about mac), You'll need to install mono.

@Everyone:

DMP has officially succeeded KMP.

So long KMP, and thanks for all the fish :wink:.

Edited by godarklight

0.1.4 is really starting to shape up :D

EDIT: Awww, In a real multiplayer use case scenario, this makes the game lag very badly... Reverted in dev until we find another better way of doing this.

Edited by godarklight

@Strayed: As mentioned in the readme, "The DarkMultiPlayer server and client is cross platform, it runs under mono on linux and mac." :)

DMPServer doesn't depend on the unity files either, so that's another common issue out of the way too.

Also, Just for reference, KMPServer did run on mac with mono as well

Can anybody help me?

I'm trying to set up a server where my friends can connect.

I've set up portforwarding(or atleast I think I have done it right), and the portforwarding details are as follow:

Name | Port Start | Port End | Protocol | Private | Enabled

DMP | 6702 | 6800 | BOTH | --- | Enabled

However, I get this error:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I've never done this before so please be patient.

Thanks,

Hridaysabz.

Edited by Hridaysabz

@Hridaysabz - That message is almost always caused by incorrectly configured firewall - But just to test your port forwarding, Make sure your private IP address is correct (you should be able to connect to 192.168.0.100), and after double checking the port forwarding settings in the router, check http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to make sure it's correct.

Also DMP is TCP only, but there's no harm in forwarding both ;)

Alright, thanks a ton! I'll get back once I have a look at it again.

Quick question, in the serversettings text file, I have two port numbers, one an HTTP port and one a standard one. What do I put in them?

Edited by Hridaysabz

Follow up:

I still seem to be getting that error. My private IP is now what i've retrieved through IPCONFIG, the IP of the system I'm hosting from.

The ports are the same, and I've made sure that DMPserver.exe has been allowed through the firewall.

Any ideas?

Edited by Hridaysabz

Me and my friend cant see eachother we play KMP just fine, like even if he launches and I go to map I cant see his orbit line.

Even if I leave and come back I can not see his orbiting craft, crewed or uncrewed.

He is in my server and we can share screenshots.

Tried the latest release and latest dev build.

Only thing I changed in the server file was the port and turning mod manager to 0 since I cant get my hands on the program for the part listing.

Our ksp games are identical.

Edited by Spider0804

@Hridaysabz: So long as canyouseeme.org says success for port 6702 (by default), they can just add your server's ip in the address box and connect to you.

@Commander Jebidiah: I'll make a how-to video, but basically, The connection window is in the main menu - Press add server, type in the details (if you want to connect to a public server, this list guarantees they are online), and press "Add server" below where you entered them. I'll need to fix up that UI - it's both a little cluttered and ugly.

@Spider0804 (parts): The current recommened way is to actually download KMP-development and run the '/modgen' or '/modgen whitelist' command as it makes the exact same file - But I'll implement a DMPModControl.txt generator soon enough ;)

@Spider0804 (modcontrol): Unfortunately modcontrol,0 is broken in release 0.1.3.1, but it definitely should work in dev.

To use the development version, rename DMPUpdater to DMPUpdater-development, or download the dev package from my build server ;).

@Everyone: I'm still going to release 0.1.4 on friday, the current code (dev) is pretty close to where I want it to be, but I really want a friday the 13th release as I missed april fools for the initial release :P

EDIT: For everyone looking for an automatic way to generate DMPModControl.txt, this functionality is now in the development version of the DMP client. Go to options -> "Generate [blacklist|whitelist] DMPModControl.txt".

You'll have to move it from your KSP folder into the server folder.

That KMP part manager was eaten by the closure of spaceport, and it's an important feature to have.

Edited by godarklight