DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

@volcanicshrimp: Caused my my incompetence with 0.2.2.1 :P

Yeah man :-), thanks for caring up that baby.

Means what?

It means you can't connect to 0.2.2.0 or .1 servers with .2 - it comes up with a pretty clear message when connecting to one :)

Hey Guys !

One question. How do I create a Tourist for a DMP server? I tried to play around with the textfiles in the Universe=>Kerbals folder but that doesnt work :/

name = Tourist Kerman

gender = Male

type = Tourist

brave = 0.5

dumb = 0.5

badS = False

tour = True

state = Available

ToD = 0

idx = -1

CAREER_LOG

{

flight = 0

}

FLIGHT_LOG

{

flight = 0

}

Any ideas?

@million_lights: DMP doesn't yet handle tourists, another thing I'll have to get around to - I think it causes problems though because different people have different contracts.

@everyone: I decided to beat angular velocity, it was surprisingly simple once I figured out what I did wrong from last time ;).

It's currently in both dev and unstable which are compatible with release - it should Just Work if you decide to use them (because I was already sending what I needed, just never applied it - release does send angular data correctly). If it's relatively stable I'll push another release soon.

@million_lights: DMP doesn't yet handle tourists, another thing I'll have to get around to - I think it causes problems though because different people have different contracts.

@everyone: I decided to beat angular velocity, it was surprisingly simple once I figured out what I did wrong from last time ;).

It's currently in both dev and unstable which are compatible with release - it should Just Work if you decide to use them (because I was already sending what I needed, just never applied it - release does send angular data correctly). If it's relatively stable I'll push another release soon.

Excellent work! It needs another pass of smoothing though, as you can see the angle velocity deltas should be interpolated as well.

(It's funny how we still haven't gotten this right yet)

Edited by longbyte1

Hi, got a little problem when playing DMP.

I'm playing Science-Mode for now. First time I'm connecting everything is fine, but once I disconnect or the game crashes and I want to join again, I'm in sandbox.

This just happens to me. I'm hosting the server on my PC.

Edit: I'm back to Science Mode if I'm sending any science back to KSC. (worked once)

Would appreciate any help :)

Thanks,

Edited by Fl0ken

I am interested on which methods could be used to quickly destroy space stations and surface bases in KSP Multiplayer which are non-glitched and do not use cheats and would qualify as state-of the art, creative, well-planned griefing or military attacks.

It should be taken into consideration that multiplayer KSP griefing is different from griefing on games like Minecraft because dedication and time to do long missions is needed.

I am interested on which methods could be used to quickly destroy space stations and surface bases in KSP Multiplayer which are non-glitched and do not use cheats and would qualify as state-of the art, creative, well-planned griefing or military attacks.

It should be taken into consideration that multiplayer KSP griefing is different from griefing on games like Minecraft because dedication and time to do long missions is needed.

Well, you have the elementary sepatron+decoupler missiles, which are very cheap and fly fast toward your target. There's the fuel tank with wings and a tiny engine, or just an SRB with wings. You can latch onto enemy ships with the Klaw (the asteroid grabber) and sap all their fuel or even deorbit the ship.

Watch Danny2462 and you will get... ideas.

Hello, I'd want to start a co-op hardcore career with a friend of mine with a help of the DMP mod. But I've faced a problem. After joining the server I already have my Astronaut Complex upgraded and 20 Kerbals available? Is it possible to start with the original 4 Kerbals and level 1 Astronaut Complex? Would be great to have such option. I understand, that it may be unnecessary for a big server, but for a small private server such option would be cool.

Edited by panzerwaffe044

• 3 weeks later...

Disconnected from non-DMP server.

Help?

Okay, so I'm randomly unable to connect to a server for some reason, and I have no idea about what's going on. So, right now (when I'm writing this), there are 3 people in the server, also, I was able to join yesterday, I haven't reinstalled it or something, before this happened (I tried reinstalling it later, but it didn't work), I am able to connect to other servers, I am using mods (I was able to connect with mods), I tried to change my name (I didn't think, that it would fix it :P).

I'll be very happy if someone told me how to fix it.

Okay, somehow it fixed it self, and no longer happens...yet...

Edited by DaniPaunov
Fixed...?

I can't connect to my server for some reason, keep getting the error "connection ended: unhandled error while syncing!" Here is the server log.

[10:02:06][DEBUG] : Loading settings...
[10:02:06][DEBUG] : System.IO compression works: True, test time: 12 ms.
[10:02:06][DEBUG] : Loading plugins!
[10:02:06][DEBUG] : Done!
[10:02:06][INFO] : Starting DMPServer v0.2.2.2, protocol 39
[10:02:06][INFO] : Loading universe...
[10:02:06][INFO] : Starting SUBSPACE server on port 6702...
[10:02:06][DEBUG] : Creating new subspace lock file
[10:02:06][INFO] : Removed 0 debris
[10:02:07][INFO] : Ready!
[10:08:48][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 0, connected: 1
[10:08:48][INFO] : New client connection from [<ip>]:53734
[10:08:48][DEBUG] : Client Swervz registered!
[10:08:48][DEBUG] : Loading admins
[10:08:48][DEBUG] : Saving admins
[10:08:48][INFO] : Client Swervz handshook successfully, version: v0.2.2.2
[10:08:48][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 1, connected: 1
[10:08:50][DEBUG] : Sending Swervz to subspace 0
[10:08:50][DEBUG] : Sending Swervz 0 craft library entries
[10:08:50][DEBUG] : Sending Swervz 0 kerbals...
[10:08:50][DEBUG] : Sending Swervz 0 vessels, cached: 0...
[10:08:50][INFO] : Client Swervz disconnected in ReceiveCallback, endpoint [<ip>]:53734, error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)
[10:08:50][DEBUG] : Online players is now: 0, connected: 0
[10:08:50][DEBUG] : Error closing client connection: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

I can't connect to my server for some reason, keep getting the error "connection ended: unhandled error while syncing!" Here is the server log.

Uuh.. long time ago i had this errors.. and (please dont slap me) did you read the whole thread?

Solutions/Workarounds were posted here several times.

Try to delete/empty your local temp folder (that folder in your local DMP-folder with all that

.txt-files in it.)

I am on a non-Kerbalized-Machine here.

Check out which (corrupted) vessel file it is and "delete" (move away) that one.

Retry.

You also can make a "Backup" ("Generate Universe from Save Game" in DMP-Client)

and copy all that files to your server (after you cleaned server universe).

Check out which (corrupted) vessel file it is and "delete" (move away) that one.

Retry.

You also can make a "Backup" ("Generate Universe from Save Game" in DMP-Client)

and copy all that files to your server (after you cleaned server universe).

I don't have any vessel files either. This is a fresh install.

Sorry about that everyone - I've been working quite a bit lately :P. I'm still very much inactive with working on DMP, although I'll come back to it for KSP 1.1. As always I hang out on #DMP and #kspmodders on IRC if you would like to contact me though, there's a link to the DMP channel in my forum signature - I only check the forums every few days :-/

@DaniPaunov: "Disconnected from non-DMP server" means you tried to connect to something that wasn't a DMPServer. To show an example, try to connect to gooogle.com port 80 :P

@Swervz, The server log is relatively useless these days, there's so little going on in DMPServer that it's *always* the clients fault. DMPClient tried to connect and then realised it shouldn't, this happened while the server was in the middle of reading the stream from you - which is completely fine. I'll need the client log (KSP_win/KSP.log)

Hello, thank you for this plugin which allows to play between friends a game which so ready well.

I would have liked adding plugins on the server, I went to see in the text file DMPModControl, if I understand well it is just necessary to add .Cfg of a plugins ?

Example for MechJeb2, It is necessary to put in the file only the .Cfg or the file of 2 parts for modules ?

I tried different solution but to each where I use a part of MechJeb2 I have an error which says that the server does not back up my rocket.

EDIT: Error http://www.cjoint.com/c/EICnPO6HURF

Edited by Azarak
screenshot

Hello, thank you for this plugin which allows to play between friends a game which so ready well.

I would have liked adding plugins on the server, I went to see in the text file DMPModControl, if I understand well it is just necessary to add .Cfg of a plugins ?

Example for MechJeb2, It is necessary to put in the file only the .Cfg or the file of 2 parts for modules ?

I tried different solution but to each where I use a part of MechJeb2 I have an error which says that the server does not back up my rocket.

EDIT: Error http://www.cjoint.com/c/EICnPO6HURF

When you launch the game if you go to the DMP options there is a button to generate the DMPModControl config file. Meaning all mods that you currently have installed will automatically be in the generated config. Then once that config is created just copy it to the server folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.