DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Unable to write data to the transport connection:
That is what the server is saying.

I am getting this error when trying to connect to a DMP server. My friend also is getting this.

Unhandled error while syncing

This is what I get via game

All the logs are saying is that it is handled by the server.

Edited by thedogs

Hard to tell you go via lan or internetconnection? if internet ports set in router?

For me actual version runs fine with KSP 1.1.2

Ok the normal known things/ bugs appear but nothing special i can reroute to DMP

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Hard to tell you go via lan or internetconnection? if internet ports set in router?

For me actual version runs fine with KSP 1.1.2

Ok the normal known things/ bugs appear but nothing special i can reroute to DMP

We ported our router.

Sorry to ask but I was wondering if I could grab some help on DMP? :)

I have set up a server I have set it to tick even when no one is on the server so

1. Will satalites etc still be orbating even when no one is online?

2.is batterys still being used/charged?

3.Where the hell is the save file LOL?

There is a few more but for now this shall do :)

Thanks in advance :)

Is there any way to redce lag or is that the way it is at the moment?.

I have set up my son on with the game to now :) and when I flick my lights on its takes ages to register on his screen for them to come on.

Its fun but tbh dealing with way to many crashes at the moment nothing to do with DMP 1.1.2 is just bad at the moment for crashing in VAB,launch etc :(.

Hey Godarklight! You may (or may not :P ) remember me from NoNameShips a while back. I just wanted to report a bug* I mentioned at the time, but this time with a log.

http://pastebin.com/vfCCetBB

Basically, if you select a new flag (or in this case a flag which had been there for 2 weeks yet was somehow still not synced), everyone else gets kicked off the server. By the way, I tried to select the relevant portion of the log. There's more earlier, but there's limit on. If you need more, just let me know. DMP is still awesome, despite its quirks! :D

Oh, also, this is on an additionally modded game, but I can confirm this happens without other mods as well.

*I currently have no Githubb account, so I put this here.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
I don't have Github acc

@Toonu I don't really play KSP any more, which is why I haven't been working on it - I've had two people talking about forks but I don't think anyone has made the full leap yet - one was doing shared science and one was porting over to UDP. In any case the mod is probably better off in someone elses hands who actually *plays* KSP.

I'll keep porting to new versions as it's pretty trivial to do so, but I haven't put effort into it really. I've been more distracted with spacedock anyway :P

Edited by godarklight

Thanks for your efforts. I really liked your mod even if it was a bit buggy and you know....non official which ment many weird things. :D Thank you for your message abot porting to new versions and take a loooong nice break from game. Maybe you will like the game once more in future, :wink:

Have a nice day

Toonu

@stk2008 If you're using the default 'SUBSPACE' mode, your son might be in an earlier "time frame" than you.  Either change to a different mode or make sure you're both synced to the latest subspace time.  As for the lag, I had a lag problem before and it turned out to be related to the "max physics delta-time per frame" setting.  If you've tweaked that setting, try resetting it to default and see if your lag problem goes away.

48 minutes ago, joxp said:

Is this 1.1.2 compatible though?

Naturally the answer is still yes. Anything that is 1.X.1 or later is nothing more than a large bug fix patch to the main version.

Also I run an open server for ANY STOCK AND MODDED INSTALL OF KSP install that will work with the latest DMP version  here, so for those who want to join or just test DMP you can use it as well: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19pLlzakWGu-O8uK-Cc0IWXwgmxqUNQtie8eqCEankgk/edit?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question, how can I start a server ? I tried making it in-game, provided firewall access and created a port for DMP in my router. But I still get the same message when connecting to the server I just created which is " no connection could be made becaiuse the target machine actively refused it".

My friend and I are having this really odd error, where Any reverts, don't dissappear for the other player, so the other player gets a -lot- of duplicates on the pads/runway that they must manually clean up and recover to clear it, though that being said, that is happening to me too, and making it very odd, also when I re-connect to the server, past reverts I did also re-appear for me, as it seems the server is not actually removing them for some reason.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.