DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

Umm i tried joining 2 servers, both failed and it told me "Invalid player token for user"? What did i do wrong?

This means that your nickname is already used on that server.

Did you delete your rkLightMultiplayer folder before updating?

If so: your random generated playertoken is deleted and you've been given a new one wich doesn't correspond to the one saved on the server.

This means that your nickname is already used on that server.

Did you delete your rkLightMultiplayer folder before updating?

If so: your random generated playertoken is deleted and you've been given a new one wich doesn't correspond to the one saved on the server.

I pretty much deleted the whole DMP folder before updating, i still have it in the trash bin though, so do i copy-paste the older version and THEN i update?

I pretty much deleted the whole DMP folder before updating, i still have it in the trash bin though, so do i copy-paste the older version and THEN i update?

No, because you've lost your token wich is random generated, this means that whatever you try do get it back won't work just because it's random generated.

The only to resolve this is to have the server administor(s) of the server(s) to update the ones you've already been on.

Trust me that it wasn't easy: i had to do the administrator part myself when one of the players on the server lost his token because he deleted his playertoken by accident.

No, because you've lost your token wich is random generated, this means that whatever you try do get it back won't work just because it's random generated.

The only to resolve this is to have the server administor(s) of the server(s) to update the ones you've already been on.

Trust me that it wasn't easy: i had to do the administrator part myself when one of the players on the server lost his token because he deleted his playertoken by accident.

Thats not true if he still has the deleted files his token is saved in a .txt inside /universe/players he can just use that to overwrite the one he has now.

Hi,

The server vessel folder gets full of vessel debris files very quickly, is there a way to automatically remove them ? Instead of stopping the server, remove all type=debris, and restart it ?

Absolutely awesome mod anyway :kiss:

Hi,

The server vessel folder gets full of vessel debris files very quickly, is there a way to automatically remove them ? Instead of stopping the server, remove all type=debris, and restart it ?

Absolutely awesome mod anyway :kiss:

There used to be (or is) a de-kessler function wich cleans up the debris clouds.

I forget to edit my last reply, i just grabbed the older version, deleted the new one, pasted it in there, updated and now im good to go lol

You should have known though, when i fixed the problem (2 minutes after replying) i entered the server, in wich YOU were there, but anyways :D

@varsass: I'll need to implement autoDekessler - I'll add this in the next version.

@SlimeCrusher: I haven't really played too much on my server, but I will after I get all the basics down.

At the moment I'm working on making a craft sharing library (upload, download screenshots).

Also, the chat is coming after this. I'm leaning towards something IRC style (Think EVE Online, Warframe, etc), where by default you join a global chat room, but you can also have group chats and PM chats.

Most people from IRC seem to like it, but I guess that's a little biased. If people are in favor for a simple chat like KMP, then I'll do that instead.

Also, Player-player docking isn't implemented, which would definitely cause duplicates :P

This mod actually works! Nice mod, me and my friend after hours of frustration in KMP bugland found that this is great mod that works. I just hope world cleaning comes soon, so we can delete any ships so they won't take up universe space.

For some reason when I choose to resume a save, the game prompts me that the DMP save is incompatible. So I deleted it.

That leaves me with the Sandbox mode (not DMP or multiplayer). How can I get to multiplayer if the DMP save keeps getting deleted?

I wonder if you are planning to implement the cool chat UI you have talked about on the KMP thread?

yTtb6JT.png

Because it looks awesome!

And also: gret to see that someone figured out how to solve the issues that KMP had.

@MK3424: You've probably noticed some similarities between that picture and DMP's status window :P

I intend to implement JohannesMP's knockup as close as I can. I've still have it bookmarked, and that will be part of fleshing out the UI's (which is kind of what I'm doing - Craft library is in the dev version but needs to look a little better, Chat UI is my current target).

EDIT:

@Everyone: Found a bug in the connection window that can make DMP hang, But I need to get the chat UI done before I can release 0.1.1.0. I can't release it as 0.1.0.2 because the craft sharing library is already in dev.

I'll try my best to release tomorrow...

Edited by godarklight

Yeah file in universe, so it wont bother anyone. Or how should one clean old crap from server? It seems to be duplicating kerbals and stuff, su i'd like to clean it from time to time.

I didn't have the problem with 1.0.1 version.

I don't know how it works exactly, just from fun I have with it, so here is something that will work no matter what the problem is :

1 - stop the server

2 - delete files for things you want to remove

3 - delete the save folder called DarkMultiPlayer in your KSP/save (tell your buddy to do the same)

4 - restart the server and relog

Your save will be recreated from files on the server, everything will be as you wish.

But :

- I'm not sure stopping the server is needed (don't know if state is maintained someway out of files)

- From what I know the KSP/save/Darkmultiplayer is crushed by server infos on login (so not needed but it can't be bad :wink:)

Godarklight will probably gives a better answer.

Edited by varsass