DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

My friend wants to connect to my server, when he isn't here i understand he would connect using my public IP address. But he comes to my apartment complex a lot so he shares the same wifi as me. What would he put into the address box and port box for him to connect to my server? This is new to me so im struggling. I just cant figure it out since he is sharing the connection. I was reading about not being able to go on the same server because we share the same public IP address. Does anyone have a way around this?

Well, run ipconfig through the command prompt. If you look through the IP numbers, there should be one that says "192.168.x.x". That is the IP he uses on your wifi :)

Also, godarklight, about the right click closes DMP thing, it just moves the window into the top-left corner - you can move it out if you place your cursor at the corner.

Update: DMPServer will never be hosted on curse.

From the email I got:

The status of the file DMPServer.zip (DarkMultiPlayer Server) has been changed to Rejected

Jadedcat: Curse Forge does not allow .exe files to be hosted through the site.

Player-player docking is getting much better. At the moment (in dev, tested on d24be7b) there is still a positioning error. You and the other player will see different positions, about 40-100m off. This offset is constant, as in these pics taken at the same time:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you want to dock with another player, make sure the inactive target vessel just holds still. Also make sure you two are synced. Docking with a vessel with a player in the future can cause time-paradoxes and explosions or vessel deletions. Anyway, inactive player just hold still. Active player execute the docking. When it is done, one player will be in control of the docked vessel, and the other will become a spectator.

I did a test docking with my alt login (each vessel has a player). It worked really well, no duplication of vessels. No explosions. No vessels falling out of the sky for no reason. Afterwards, I tested EVAing all six Kerbals and got some good screenshots. Also discovered EVA/Kerbal cloning was still an issue. Just look at the album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

:D

Very easy to get a server going! Trying multiple mods to see if there are any issues. Can't wait for ship permissions! Right now people can grab any ship and use it for science since science is client based. I wonder if you could make it so that science is a tracked server stat for players. That way admins can set science for mod testing purposes and people can't modify their science. How feasible that is though is beyond me.

[21:13] <Dimmy> @darklight: hi, can i ask you to add to the http://chrisand.no-ip.info/dmp-serverlist/index.php (server list) the following feature: size of players universe in megabytes? Thus we can see which server is most used and filled with stations, players, etc.

[21:14] <Dimmy> Also it needs to be added the some hashing column, that shows which server is most used (not where are many players now), but where the players appears more often, then in other servers.

https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer/issues/91

@Ghostexx7: Trivial = Easy to make. It could probably be made in under an hour or 2. But currently there is no way to convert a single player save into a DMP universe.

@DLWhittet: Science is saved on the server, but it's per player still.

@dimmy: Size of universe may help, but the number of vessels would also be an important statistic to have. Also the total number of registered players (players that have ever joined) may or may not be important too.

From the email I got:

The status of the file DMPServer.zip (DarkMultiPlayer Server) has been changed to Rejected

I noticed that. That's what tripped me up. I found it on one of your DMP pages that had the links to the development build.

Science is saved on the server, but it's per player still.

Good to know! Just trying to figure out the file system. Seems everything works fine except we've lost some craft. One of them caused a kerbal to just be lost in space. His ship vanished around him!

@DLWhittet: I haven't quite figured out why DMP is losing crafts yet... It's certainly an odd bug as it happens rarely but persistently.

@Sneaky Bstard Sword: Definitely - Start the server and get everyone to connect to your internal network address (It's usually 192.168.0.something).

Also the kerbal duplication is kind of caused by a paradox, When one player EVA's a kerbal, it doesn't instantly update (although it should...). If a spectator takes over before a full update is sent (or you leave flight), the kerbal will appear to be in the craft and outside at the same time.

@SethexGS2: In 100% of cases so far, this is usually either caused by a firewall issue, or port forward issue. Start the server and visit http://www.canyouseeme.org/, type in port 6702. If it says success, other people will be able to connect. If it says failure, other people will *not* be able to connect, and you'll have to double check your firewall/port forwarding settings.

There is one exception to this rule, and it's called Carrier-Grade (ISP Level) NAT. This generally won't be a problem unless you're on something like a mobile phone connection - And if you are, there is nothing you can do (There is no way to port forward in this situation).

@FCISuperGuy: I exclusively test/develop DMP on the official Linux 64-bit version. As far as I'm aware, there's only this unofficial hack for windows.

0.1.4.0 is available on my build server and DMPUpdater

Curse will take a while to accept the mod ;)

There will be a 0.1.4.1 around sunday or monday, It appears my change to remove the "Loading..." screen (for active vessel updates / spectating) broke while vessels are in orbit.

EDIT: Double whoops - Kerbal positions stopped syncing. Fixed in dev.

Expect 0.1.4.1 tomorrow or the day after...

Also, I imagine soccer might be a little better if it had a few different players:

Edited by godarklight

Spazer.net's Battle Server will be mirrored over from KMP to DMP sometime this week (as will all of the Spazer.net KMP servers - some are there already!)

-BC

All of Spazer.net's servers have been mirrored over to DMP.

I've even added a few (I have a big potato).

ENJOY!

-BC

@KvickFlygarn87: It does include asteroids. Somehow I managed to miss that one in my changelog.

I should remove the version number from my sig - that would be one less thing to remember to update :P

EDIT: DarkMultiPlayer 0.1.4.1 is now available on DMPUpdater and my build server.

This contains the fixes for spectator / active vessel updates, and the kerbal position updates failing to send. I should learn not to make last minute changes :P

Edited by godarklight

From the email I got:

Hey buddy... just double zip the exe. I had a bat file that was rejected, double zipped it and it worked.

Just ran the DMP updater on my server and it gives me the error that my file or directory is damaged or corrupt...

Also, I have tried re-downloading the server files but it still does the same thing when I update it.

Edited by wased89

Hey buddy... just double zip the exe. I had a bat file that was rejected, double zipped it and it worked.

Honestly, it's probably better to host it elsewhere and avoid potentially pissing off Curse.