DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

When I try to connect to a server I get a message saying "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". What does that even mean? Please help!

It means that the connection was refused, most likely because the port is being blocked on either your end or their end, or because the server isn't running.

How do I unblock it? And tried making my own server (unless I did it wrong) by using the information it gives you when you go to connect one. What I gathered from the video the information it give you is all you need to create your own server. Did I do something wrong?

One thing i noticed and a question:

I played more or less dmp since the 0.162 release on a server of my own (single to try out things) and i noticed something that is a little bit disturbing.

Every time I close the server and reopen I loose ingame time more or less (server shifts in inagametime forward when i put it offline and on again)

Is their a function which takes the internal clock of the pc and shifts time forward accordingly?

Like today i closed the server for six hours wrote down the timestamp, now reopend it joined it and it shifts arround 6 hours forward.

Is this intended how can i switch that off?

Cause Problem I have,

if i have a manovernode lets say in two kerbal days 12 hours and i switch server off and put it on 24 hours later and it shifts 24 hours on (aka 4 kerbal days) i miss my manovernode and that is bad for my gameplay.

How do I unblock it? And tried making my own server (unless I did it wrong) by using the information it gives you when you go to connect one. What I gathered from the video the information it give you is all you need to create your own server. Did I do something wrong?

There are many causes for this. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions:

• Are you trying to connect to your own sever?
    • If so, what IP address are you using: the WAN/public, or the LAN?
      • If you are using WAN, you need to forward your ports first by either logging in to your router (usually 192.168.1.1) or forwarding your ports via UPnP.
      • If you are connecting via LAN (usually by providing an address of 192.168.x.x), do you have Windows Firewall enabled?
        • If so, you need to make an exception for the port you're running the server on through Windows Firewall, or make an exception for DMPServer.exe.

[*]Are you trying to connect to a remote server?

• How are you entering the address? Please show a screenshot if needed.
    • Try pinging the server you wish to connect to. I'm guessing you already know how to do this through Command Prompt :)

That's all the advice I have for now. Hope it helps.

One thing i noticed and a question:

I played more or less dmp since the 0.162 release on a server of my own (single to try out things) and i noticed something that is a little bit disturbing.

Every time I close the server and reopen I loose ingame time more or less (server shifts in inagametime forward when i put it offline and on again)

Is their a function which takes the internal clock of the pc and shifts time forward accordingly?

Like today i closed the server for six hours wrote down the timestamp, now reopend it joined it and it shifts arround 6 hours forward.

Is this intended how can i switch that off?

Cause Problem I have,

if i have a manovernode lets say in two kerbal days 12 hours and i switch server off and put it on 24 hours later and it shifts 24 hours on (aka 4 kerbal days) i miss my manovernode and that is bad for my gameplay.

Is it okay if I post this as an issue on GitHub so that godarklight can see it? Thanks.

Edited by longbyte1

Wow, I need to stay on top of my forum thread :P

@SheepDog2142 (Feature list): Basically the same thing I've been meaning to do for ages, Groups, permissions and shared science. However there's a few network breaks incoming as I fix DMPs on-the-wire format (big endian, strip uneeded 4 byte prefix, utf8 instead of utf16, little things that add up that don't really affect players).

I've also got to fix DMP's pretty horrible user interface, and fix the surface positioning system. There's also some code refactoring, DMP gets messy in some areas.

@mrmcp1/CmJnWd (Connection refused): I probably shouldn't let C# errors bubble up, but basically the machine you tried to connect you told you it's not running the server. It's either a port forward or firewall probem.

@ChaosNicro/Nightmare: Kethane / karbonite should just work, but they'll likely have different maps unless you copy the scenario modules from the server into the initial folder.

DMPServer doesn't really tick offline, it's just the way subspaces work:

Universe time = subspace epoch + ((server clock - server clock epoch) * subspace speed)

If you set keep ticking while offline to false, what it actually does is set the server clock epoch to the current time when the first player connects.

Also, take note that kerbin days are 6 hours long, and mods that take universe time into account generally have troubles with DMP's sync, mods don't normally expect the time to jump around :).

Issue report was here: https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer/issues/259

@NoXPhasma: Not really - but I've got to check on something in the universe sync cache to make sure I'm not trying to save a file to disk before KSP draws a frame.

@LABHOUSE: I can't remember which version I started doing this for, but DMP 0.1.6.x versions are all compatible with each other. You can (and should) use 0.1.6.2 to connect to any 0.1.6 series.

@technicalfool/longbyte1: Thanks for answering questions :D

Version 1.6 will not install, but 1.6.2 will. I only need version 1.6 because the server I want to go on is 1.6 .
Just check the protocol version (for public versions its in the sidebar when clicking the serverlist entry).

Hey, whats up guys... I'm having a little problem with my DMP, I'm hosting the server, my friends connect in the server, but we can't see each other. Takes a long time (minutes) to see the other player... I've tried everything.. other friends hosted the server, but we all have the same problem... Our connection is good, 15mb+. I tried to find this problem here, but I can't find anything similar... (sorry for my bad english)

I remember on an older version at any time during flight, or even after a crash, you can click esc and choose revert or return to station. How do I get these options back, as a friend and I like to do a lot of micro management and waiting till we complete a landing or explosion is a bit of a hassle.

@Grek: Those types of errors are usually caused by NullReferenceException errors - But I'd need the log in order to help you more. Perhaps try to catch me on IRC :).

@Dacan: *Facepalm* of course there'd be an option to change it :P

@Burckha: So long as you're outside of the safety bubble, you're synced, you're out of the atmosphere (better HackyInAtmoLoading coming for DMP 0.2.0.0), and you don't have disallowed mod parts, everything should just work.

@TJ888: I'd need to make DMP step back through the timeline - The ability to revert will be an opt-in memory leak (or maybe reverting 50mb of updates may be ok, I'll still make it optional). Reverting was causing more problems than it was worth and it needs a little out-of-the-box thinking to fix properly, But I'll nab it for DMP 0.2.0.0.

@Everyone - Brace yourselves. Christmas is coming....

Probably a dumb question, but I can't find any answers using my search/Google-fu... How does one get their server to show up on the server list? I didn't see anything about server setup, so I just kind of rolled through the config file and updated as I saw fit. If I put anything in the HTTP polling value, it causes the server to not start up though.

p.s. - Thanks for making this looks to be a lot of fun. :)

Probably a dumb question, but I can't find any answers using my search/Google-fu... How does one get their server to show up on the server list? I didn't see anything about server setup, so I just kind of rolled through the config file and updated as I saw fit. If I put anything in the HTTP polling value, it causes the server to not start up though.

p.s. - Thanks for making this looks to be a lot of fun. :)

You'll need to install the reporting plugin, which will automatically broadcast your server to d-mp.org.

By the way, the d-mp.org website needs a bit of fixing up. There are quite a few grammatical errors, the links are hard to see, and the server list table is huge (it doesn't even show all of the servers at once).

You'll need to install the reporting plugin, which will automatically broadcast your server to d-mp.org.

By the way, the d-mp.org website needs a bit of fixing up. There are quite a few grammatical errors, the links are hard to see, and the server list table is huge (it doesn't even show all of the servers at once).

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll get that done. And yes, I agree, the site links are a bit hard to read. I get the "dark" thing, but a couple bumps up in the brightness on that color could help a bit. :)

I assume that the reporting issues are resolved... Just setup a server and the reporting plugin. The server works GREAT! (thank you), but the plugin gives a connection actively refused (0x80004005) $IpAddress:9001. I have followed the directions for the plugin config and assume I did everything correct. Tried the DMP Chatroom, great place to go for some peace and quiet, not so good for help.

Seen this before? Anything I can do? ...or do I just hang this up.

Guest Space Cowboy

Two clean .25 installs one running server, one client. I disable Win firewall. Server shows "1 connected 2 in game" but I have not yet once seen two vehicles on one screen. Is there a SUPER SUPER simple step by step startup tutorial? Super plain vanilla super clean super basic zero frills.

Two clean .25 installs one running server, one client. I disable Win firewall. Server shows "1 connected 2 in game" but I have not yet once seen two vehicles on one screen. Is there a SUPER SUPER simple step by step startup tutorial? Super plain vanilla super clean super basic zero frills.

Given both are connected, yes there is:

1-launch and move away further than 150m (IIRC) from the launching spot.

2-have your friend to do the same

3-wait a bit until the ships sync, if they don't, move around a bit more, you can try to get back to the bubble and leave it again.

4-your friend should show up

If you are having issues you can also use BDArmory, it increases the view range to 5km, which makes it a lot easier to have your friends airplanes to load inflight.

Edited by tetryds

Guest Space Cowboy
Given both are connected, yes there is:

1-launch and move away further than 150m (IIRC) from the launching spot.

2-have your friend to do the same

3-wait a bit until the ships sync, if they don't, move around a bit more, you can try to get back to the bubble and leave it again.

4-your friend should show up

If you are having issues you can also use BDArmory, it increases the view range to 5km, which makes it a lot easier to have your friends airplanes to load inflight.

Thank you so kindly cant wait to try. I am now away from home and away from son's laptop. Is it a stupid idea to run two instances of KSP for testing (on one machine?)

I'm trying to set up a DMP server. I am successfully connecting to it, however, I can't get any mods to work.

My PC is Windows 7 SP1. My server is Debian 7 (Wheezy). DMP client and server are both v1.6.2.

Here's my mod config. I tried every combination of Linux and Windows paths I could think of:

!resource-whitelist

#Only select one of these modes.

#Resource blacklist: clients will be allowed to use any dll's, So long as they are not listed in this section

#Resource whitelist: clients will only be allowed to use dll's listed here or in the 'required-files' and 'optional-files' sections.

#Syntax:

#[File Path]

#Example: MechJeb2/Plugins/MechJeb2.dll

# Docking Alignment Indicator

navyfish/plugins/dockingportalignment.dll

navyfish/plugins/moduledockingnodenamed.dll

NavyFish\Plugins\DockingPortAlignment.dll

NavyFish\Plugins\ModuleDockingNodeNamed.dll

# Kerbal Engineer

Engineer\Engineer.dll

Engineer\EngineerToolbar.dll

engineer/engineer.dll

engineer\engineer.dll

Engineer/Engineer.dll

GameData/Engineer/Engineer.dll

GameData\Engineer\Engineer.dll

gamedata/engineer/engineer.dll

gamedata\engineer\engineer.dll

../Engineer/Engineer.dll

..\Engineer\Engineer.dll

../engineer/engineer.dll

..\engineer\engineer.dll

../../Engineer/Engineer.dll

..\..\Engineer\Engineer.dll

../../engineer/engineer.dll

..\..\engineer\engineer.dll

And here's the mod check fail:

r1OiDVI.png

Edit: I also tried to generate ModControl.txt in game from my client, but apparently that only creates a blank mod control file:

1. Switched server to empty blacklist
  2. Connected with client that had loaded Engineer mod
  3. DMP - Options > Generate a server DMPModControl: > Generate a whitelist DMPModControl.txt.

What's wrong with my config?

Edited by beabop
Tried a few more things

I'm trying to set up a DMP server. I am successfully connecting to it, however, I can't get any mods to work.

My PC is Windows 7 SP1. My server is Debian 7 (Wheezy). DMP client and server are both v1.6.2.

Here's my mod config. I tried every combination of Linux and Windows paths I could think of:

And here's the mod check fail:

http://i.imgur.com/r1OiDVI.png

Edit: I also tried to generate ModControl.txt in game from my client, but apparently that only creates a blank mod control file:

1. Switched server to empty blacklist
  2. Connected with client that had loaded Engineer mod
  3. DMP - Options > Generate a server DMPModControl: > Generate a whitelist DMPModControl.txt.

What's wrong with my config?

I have a few things in mind if you'd like to try them out:

• Check read/write permissions on the DMPModControl file; is it accessible as nobody (or whatever user you're running the server as)?
  • Check line endings: is is CRLF or LF? Try switching them if that does anything.
  • Check server logs: any error on reading DMPModControl.txt?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.