DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

We also experience this issue and try to correct each players reputation files when needed (after visiting the Mun and Minmus fx it sucks to only have access to 'one star'/low level missions) I don't know if this is related to the hundreds of kerbals that goes MIA for no reason/randomly :-)

Me and my friends are experiencing lags/freezes and crashes when playing on my DMP server. A few days ago everthing was just fine and we were playing without lag or problems (up to 6 players). However since one of my friends launched a rocket with a whole bunch of large solid fuel boosters (exploded above the KSC, resulting in a lag fest), playing on the server just feels slow and unstable. The weird thing is i restarted the server and even removed the entire server directory and replaced it with a fresh downloaded DMP server, but the problems still exists.

Has anyone got an idea what the problem can be?

I'm aware of the bug in 0.2.2.1 with the kerbals, it seems one of the kerbal loading methods doesn't get rid of old data causing it to pile up, ending up with 50mb kerbal files in the Universe/Kerbals folder - I'll attempt to hotfix it tomorrow :)

@longbyte1: is just being silly, but I have indeed largely burnt out on DMP :-/

@RAINCRAFTER: It works on mac, but only if you *REALLY* like trains.

@Techiastronamo: I don't think I ever merged an option for changing the safety bubble... I guess it wouldn't hurt to add though.

I've not really tested master enough, but if I can get a few people playing dev for a bit to give me a heads up on any bugs I'll be able to release - Just poke #DMP on esper, chat link is in my signature :)

I don't understand why servers are almost entirely empty. Any ideas?

You're a bit late to the party, is all. I believe there are many private servers out there though.

The public servers just don't get played as often as they used to.

Is 5mb up enough for a local host for me and a cpl friends ot play on? Also can I host and play at the same time? Thirdly if I shut down the server does it save or a way to save its state until relaunch of server? Lastly do we need some virtual lan service like kamuchi or something in order to connect?

5mb up is roughly enough.

You can host and play at the same time, depending on the power of hosting/playing machine.

Server dont have a "savegame", it just handle plain text files with object informations.

But better everyone logs out before shut down server.

You dont need any further network service to connect to dmp.

Just set up firewalls etc if needed.

Hi guys, I keep getting this weird bug.

We built a station orbiting Kerbin and then at some point, randomly, the station starts plummeting towards Kerbin (I suspect it's related to time sync or switching ships or something). It's unstopabble. It happened two times already and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Hi guys, I keep getting this weird bug.

We built a station orbiting Kerbin and then at some point, randomly, the station starts plummeting towards Kerbin (I suspect it's related to time sync or switching ships or something). It's unstopabble. It happened two times already and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Is it in the atmosphere? it will come down then :P

I have an issue. Im hosting and playing on a modded server and it tends to crash a fair amount. I dont mind the crashing but I dont like having to repeat missions over and over again esspecially since ksp tends to crash at the end. Almost every time it crashes it dosnt just revert me back a little it goes to before i even started the mission likely before launch. This wouldent be a problem if i could just edit my save on the server and give myself the science like i could in single player. Is it possible to do that?

I have an issue. Im hosting and playing on a modded server and it tends to crash a fair amount. I dont mind the crashing but I dont like having to repeat missions over and over again esspecially since ksp tends to crash at the end. Almost every time it crashes it dosnt just revert me back a little it goes to before i even started the mission likely before launch. This wouldent be a problem if i could just edit my save on the server and give myself the science like i could in single player. Is it possible to do that?

I don't think the method you described will work as the server does not have a save file, it just exchanges text files with craft info such as location, speed etc. You could edit your local DarkMultiPlayer save file to give yourself the science, but I don't think that science, funds etc is synced across the server.

@Sifoul

I you edit the server files under universe/scenarios/player name you will able to adjust your reputation and funds and probably also the science amount. I have done it with rep and funds at least

- - - Updated - - -

@volcanicshrimp

Try deleting your local dmp save folder when you get stuck at the synching kerbals step

Edited by silvanus
Added comment

Try deleting your local dmp save folder when you get stuck at the synching kerbals step

It seems to be working very slowly on the 264 kerbals on the server that I'm trying to connect to at the moment but if it gets stuck I'll try that. It was getting stuck at 4 but now it's stopped at 50. After retrying it's gone back to 4.

EDIT: it might just be doing it really... slowly... . Another server which was also getting stuck has now got to 6/35.

Which one is the save folder?

Edited by volcanicshrimp

DMP v0.2.2.2 is now available, it contains the fix to the huge kerbal problem which plagued v0.2.2.1. It is protocol incompatible with v0.2.2.1/0 though (It doesn't deserve being called v0.2.3.0 - this implies I've done something with it :D).