DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

The MessageWritter.dll bundled with the latest dev version is for 32 bits while the other two files seem to be compiled for 64 bits, resulting on a BadImageFormatException being thrown at startup.

Recompiling the whole project for x86 solved the problem.

godarklight, when are you planning on adding in a vessel lock, if at all? Obviously compatibility with .24 is of the highest priority, along with the game-breaking bugs, but beyond that?

*snip*

@PhoenixTheSage: There are other things that can cause that error, If you have a dev server that throws the error, sending affected files to me might help :)

*snip*

Will do when I can. I've been compiling a large amount of mods that I'm trying to get working stable together in SP/MP for my group. I'd rather not send anything until I know it's not something I crapped up and/or clientside error from one of the mods specifically. The sync error was on the last Dev build (just moved to your new one) and was only reproduced once with one of my users. Deleting his research/kethanedata fixed the issue and I manually restored it from there. I'll give you the logs/files I can get on it if it pops up again.

Edited by PhoenixTheSage

The MessageWritter.dll bundled with the latest dev version is for 32 bits while the other two files seem to be compiled for 64 bits, resulting on a BadImageFormatException being thrown at startup.

Recompiling the whole project for x86 solved the problem.

Why not instead just rebuild MessageWriter.dll as x64? That's what I did, works fine.

Why not instead just rebuild MessageWriter.dll as x64? That's what I did, works fine.

It was faster to do that rather than download the source code of MessageWritter and recompiling it for x64.

It's not like the server is going to use more than 4GB of RAM.

@Everyone: My bad, I've rebuilt MessageWriter for AnyCPU - Obviously linux handles things a little bit differently :). Monodevelop has a pesky default of 32bit only, even though x64 came out 10 years ago...

Dev also has a serious problem of trying to sync from the persistent.sfs file, which is something that has changed with KSP 0.24. I'll figure it out today and get a proper port for 0.24 up. EDIT: Done with the help of JoshBlake.

@NFUN: Vessel permissions is coming, it depends on a proper group system however, which is one of the few things left to complete. It's also been proven that shared science is possible, I'll work with JoshBlake on that one for 0.1.6.

Edited by godarklight

I am having problems that I did not have before. I was able to play and connect to all servers prior to the 0.24 patch. I have downloaded the correct Server build and Client Build and have Updated them both. I wanted to host my own server for me and my friends which I did on KMP without any problems. The files are very similar if not the same. Ever since I downloaded the Server I have been unable to connect to any servers at all, including my own. I keep getting this error message on the server "Account sent connection end message, reason: Unhandled error while syncing!". This makes me think my ports are now being blocked. I double checked them and all my TCP bound ports were reading as closed on a port checker while all UDP were reading as open. I have solved that issue and now the port checker reads all ports I forward as open. I assumed that would of fixed the issue but it did not. I also shut down all firewalls and tried to connect again but received the same error. I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having problems that I did not have before. I was able to play and connect to all servers prior to the 0.24 patch. I have downloaded the correct Server build and Client Build and have Updated them both. I wanted to host my own server for me and my friends which I did on KMP without any problems. The files are very similar if not the same. Ever since I downloaded the Server I have been unable to connect to any servers at all, including my own. I keep getting this error message on the server "Account sent connection end message, reason: Unhandled error while syncing!". This makes me think my ports are now being blocked. I double checked them and all my TCP bound ports were reading as closed on a port checker while all UDP were reading as open. I have solved that issue and now the port checker reads all ports I forward as open. I assumed that would of fixed the issue but it did not. I also shut down all firewalls and tried to connect again but received the same error. I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Not experiencing any of these issues. In fact, the latest dev build has been the most stable one yet on .24 since the persistent.sfs isn't being accidentally used anymore.

-I download the Server and the Client from this link http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp/ and I pick the ones on the left side, under development build. I also get the Updater.

-I put the Server folder on my desktop along with the Updater. I run the updater. It says my server is up to date.

-I put DarkMultiPlayer folder into Gamedata folder in the KSP directory. I put the updater next to ksp.exe and run it. It says my client is up to date.

-I turn on KSP and the menu is there. I add a server that has players on it from the server list here http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp-serverlist/ by putting the port number in the port box and putting the address in the address box. I then port forward the port on both TCP and UDP and check it to make sure it is open. It is.

-Handshake is received, sync with kerbals is done, sync with vessles is done, then I get the error message "Unhandled error while syncing!"

-This is what happens every time I try to connect to any server, including my own. I don't know what the error means so it is hard to find a way to fix it.

@PhoenixTheSage - I am glad that the server is working for you. Did you do anything different than me to get it working?

-I download the Server and the Client from this link http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp/ and I pick the ones on the left side, under development build. I also get the Updater.

-I put the Server folder on my desktop along with the Updater. I run the updater. It says my server is up to date.

-I put DarkMultiPlayer folder into Gamedata folder in the KSP directory. I put the updater next to ksp.exe and run it. It says my client is up to date.

-I turn on KSP and the menu is there. I add a server that has players on it from the server list here http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp-serverlist/ by putting the port number in the port box and putting the address in the address box. I then port forward the port on both TCP and UDP and check it to make sure it is open. It is.

-Handshake is received, sync with kerbals is done, sync with vessles is done, then I get the error message "Unhandled error while syncing!"

-This is what happens every time I try to connect to any server, including my own. I don't know what the error means so it is hard to find a way to fix it.

@PhoenixTheSage - I am glad that the server is working for you. Did you do anything different than me to get it working?

No offense, you were actually being helpful, I just want to make this big so it is obvious. I get kind of excited when there's a new post because I hope for confirmation that the release is 1.5 and that more servers will be .24, and I get disappointed.

IF... you use KSP Version 0.24, you NEED to use the Development Builds of DMP (the ones with all the letters and numbers, current one is ed6a2f7...) AND to find a server that uses that same build. In order to connect to a server that lists its version as 1.4.2, AKA the current release build of DMP, you MUST play on KSP 0.23.5

@NFUN Thanks but I am under the impression I am using all the correct stuff for version 0.24 and have followed all the correct steps. This is why I listed all my steps because if I am doing something wrong you should be able to tell me where I went wrong. As I said in my post I downloaded the Development Build and Client which is what your post is basically telling me to do. I get the same error message no matter what server I try to join. Regardless of the version, regardless if it is my own or someone else's. From my understanding I have already done what you said. If I did something wrong please point out where I went wrong in my steps.

@NFUN Thanks but I am under the impression I am using all the correct stuff for version 0.24 and have followed all the correct steps. This is why I listed all my steps because if I am doing something wrong you should be able to tell me where I went wrong. As I said in my post I downloaded the Development Build and Client which is what your post is basically telling me to do. I get the same error message no matter what server I try to join. Regardless of the version, regardless if it is my own or someone else's. From my understanding I have already done what you said. If I did something wrong please point out where I went wrong in my steps.

Sorry, that post wasn't really for you, mostly all of the other people who come here asking the question without doing research or saying what they did. What servers did you try, only the bottom few work with the dev build. I am not sure that would be your problem though, after I reread your post more closely it seems certain that your server and client would be compatable. The only other instance that the error would appear that I know of (Disclaimer: I am not associated with the mod in any way) would be with corruption between the server and client, but they wouldn't be applicable in your case. My advice to you would be to uninstall and reinstall your files, and if that doesn't work, say so and godarklight could help you, or you could report the bug directly to Github. If you have KSP on Steam, you can download .23.5 and use the release build if you don't mind.

Deleting various files has helped other people, so the whole shebang would probably work too, if that is your issue. You should send what server error files you can to godarklight.

Edited by NFUN

You downloaded the dmpupdater and used that? That's your problem I think. That's for the release build not the dev. Why would download the up-to-date dev builds, install them and THEN use the updater? You probably downloaded the release build with the updater and that is only for version .23.5.

Not only am I running the .24 dev build...but I'm also running like 40 mods, fairly stable with 4-5 players at times. Synchronization in general is not the greatest though right now. Most parts do not show their active states on the vessel of another player, movement is jaggy, and 200+ part ships leaving the safety bubble cause freezes every few seconds till they are out of atmosphere...but I'm not complaining. It's awesome.

Especially considering how lightweight darklight's code is, but then again...it might need to gain a few pounds to deal with these issues ;)

Edited by PhoenixTheSage

Phoenix, I am pretty sure that if you have the dev build and use the updater, it will not change any files that you have, so I doubt that is the problem. It is worth a shot though.

@NFUN: If you aren't sure about something, please don't provide incorrect answers.

@Everyone: Unhandled error while syncing means one of 2 things. The first, Release wont work with KSP 0.24.x. Use dev. You can double check which version you are on by checking GameData/DarkMultiPlayer/git-version.txt. Release builds are v0.x.y.z, dev builds are sha256 sums.

By default, the updater updates to release, unless you have renamed the updater to DMPUpdater-development.exe.

If you're on dev and get an unhandled error, come visit in IRC - Theres something that DMP failed to sync on that universe.

@NFUN: If you aren't sure about something, please don't provide incorrect answers.

@Everyone: Unhandled error while syncing means one of 2 things. The first, Release wont work with KSP 0.24.x. Use dev. You can double check which version you are on by checking GameData/DarkMultiPlayer/git-version.txt. Release builds are v0.x.y.z, dev builds are sha256 sums.

By default, the updater updates to release, unless you have renamed the updater to DMPUpdater-development.exe.

If you're on dev and get an unhandled error, come visit in IRC - Theres something that DMP failed to sync on that universe.

Just came back to say that I absolutely love that you're working on this darklight, thank you so much. The MP server has bought literally days of fun for me and some mates, and I just thought I'd let you know that.

Really eager to see 0.24 support on release, I tend to stay away from the dev build just to keep a stable server for everyone. I've not even touched .24 on single player yet cos I'm too excited about trying it all out with friends online!!

Keep at it dude, you rock,

MB

Hi everybody, first i want to say that this mod is awesome! A little background: I ran a KMP server off an old laptop for a while, stopped playing KSP for a few months, and when I came back I found DMP. I run a private server for my friends and I using MechJeb and Enhanced Navball as the only mods. Obviously the release version works fine, but I upgraded us to dev and have stumbled onto a bug. After we disconnect and attempt to get back in, we keep locking up at the space center. We can view the crew building and the science tree, but can't build, launch, or view contract info. I think it's happening client side because if I totally delete my client and start fresh I can play again. Any suggestions?

I wanted to add something as well. I'm not sure if this is the right place for requests (please forgive me if it isn't), but if the team is taking feature ideas, it would be cool if the server could directly send mods to clients that need them in order to connect.

It's working.

We've testet it on 0.24.2 with 32bit (Steam & Standalone versions) and 64bit (Steam version) - my standalone 64bit version crashes during first sync... it's maybe a mod issue i didn't figure it out at the moment.

@YellowDart: That would be the reason 0.1.5 hasn't been released yet: Bug #172

@pospos1/Squamble: Dev works with 0.24.x, but 172 is the major blocker atm - I run into it enough that it's very annoying :(

If DMP didn't work on 64bit, I'm sure I would have had many bug reports by now - I've been running it on linux 64bit ever since I typed "namespace DarkMultiPlayer" (the beginning), and I've heard many reports of it working fine on windows 64. There was a little hickup with MessageWriter being 32bit while DMP being 64 once, but that issue was resolved.

Hi All,

Love DMP, but having a few issues and was wondering if you could tell me if its me, mods, or something else.

I'm on Steam 64, mate is on Standalone 64 - we are trying to build a Kolony Base with Kolonization Mod (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72706-Ongoing-Dev-0-23-5-Modular-Kolonization-System-v0-16-(RELEASE)-05-10-2014).

Everything loads fine, but when we land two craft near each other, the one that lands last glitches like hell. We usually have it so the craft to land second is in the future. When the first craft sync's after the second craft has landed it just explodes!

Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.