DarkMultiPlayer 0.3.8.0 [KSP 1.12.0]

godarklight

@longbyte1: Heh - I think majiir's mostly inactive these days, but we'll cope unless someone really wants to get involved with the server lists :P

@Brendo: You've deleted GameData/DarkMultiPlayer or moved to a new install without copying that folder over. DMP protects usernames via a locally generated public/private keypair, if you lose that keypair the server can't authenticate you - you'll either need to recover your old private/public keypair or get in touch with tetryds to remove your player key (which is very easy - tetryds is active on the forums and in my IRC in my sig).

@tehslyfoxuk: I believe I've fixed the issue in 0.2.1.2.

Another thing you might run into is that DMPServerSettings.txt was moved in the 0.2.1.0 update - Make sure you're now using Config/Settings.txt. The move also changed the , seperator to = and the settings became case sensitive.

Hey Godarklight, we added support for the correct config on our platform however we're still seeing issues with the server being unable to read nix carriage returns meaning we cant support any version over 2.1.0 at this time.

Hi,

moving a "organicly grown" productive website wasnt as easy as i hoped. :D

The Server itself is running smootly, but i had to remove some issues in my code that i had overlooked when moving.

If someone feels fluid enough in php js and those kinds of things i would be happy to have some help.

BTW the site now supports ipv6 and https (im looking into http/2 now)

Funny:

yesterday i logged in to my server after a while (i had to "wait" around 500 kerbal days for a transfer window

for the next 12 remote-tech- and scanning-satellites) and i recognized that all tanks were filled up back to 100 %.

Ironically i like to add: not funny: now i wont know, if my dV-calculations were right.

What a luxury prob :D

Hey there,

I'm playing KSP with my friend and we just started^^

And somehow the astronaut and crew system is completely bugged. We're playing modded KSP in Career mode and everything works fine except that.

It doesn't disturb us that much, because we don't loose Funds or Reputation, but we can't level up our astroonauts.

The bug we have is the following:

Everytime we enter the building, the amount of lost, assigned and active kerbals seems to be completely random. Even the kerbals, we just used for a sucessful mission appear to be dead and the limit of active astronauts doesn't change anything. Mostly we have about 20/5 kerbals and they're almost all lost...

Did someone have this bug too?

Please help:)

The default port the server listens to is 6702. It can be changed in settings.txt.

No, I mean: what port do I need to open in my router to connect with a server? Not a port that I need to write with IP of the server. I cant connect to the server and I think its because of my firewall.

Edited by MrKerbMan

No, I mean: what port do I need to open in my router to connect with a server? Not a port that I need to write with IP of the server. I cant connect to the server and I think its because of my firewall.

The same ones you need for HTTP.

None.

oh for your firewall? Just make an exception for KSP.exe and it should run fine.

That's interesting. I wonder if they will be/are "working" with darklight in the development process. Which could explain why his last commit was 18 days ago. ...Darn you NDAs for making everything so speculative. :huh:

Otherwise our work here will be done very soon. Count me in for a next project.

Edited by longbyte1

That's interesting. I wonder if they will be/are "working" with darklight in the development process. Which could explain why his last commit was 18 days ago. ...Darn you NDAs for making everything so speculative. :huh:

Otherwise our work here will be done very soon. Count me in for a next project.

Or I could just say my last commit was 18 days ago because I'm lazy :P. I haven't worked with squad - although I am looking forward to breaking stock multiplayer in spectacular ways when it comes out.

Also, I'd be very careful reading that tweet, it says that multiplayer comes out after 1.0, but keep in mind "after" includes but is not limited to the first, second, or third update after 1.0. If MP does come out in 1.1 though, I'll be celebrating :D.

Enjoying this mod with a friend on a server I made. So far one strange problem:

If I track an asteroid, latch on to it with a claw, release the grapple, and return to the space center, that asteroid is immediately gone. Is this a known bug or some issue on my side?

I just downloaded the server a few days ago and a few hours ago i had done all the port fowarding with TCP on 6702, setting a static IP address (192.168.1.84), running a few tests with my private and local ip (local is 108.6.192.32) and i had visited canyouseeme.org multiple times and so far after 5 visits nothing has changed, i cant connect locally to my server and my private laptop ip works just fine. so what should i do now?

@Everyone: Sorry about that, I've been taking a bit of a break lately from DMP :-/

@nuker22110: I haven't yet looked into fixing the kerbal sync, but it will be a fairly trivial problem to solve when I get around to it ;)

@OmegaT: That's not what I'd expect at all - DMP should see the undocking and send off the craft straight away. I'll have to poke that one just in case, but from memory the send always happens straight after undocking.

@PhoenixBird0: You should always be able to connect to 127.0.0.1/localhost, if that's not the case then definitely try to get me on IRC (link in my sig), Keep in mind that localhost, and your private IP should work, but your public IP means your router and will only work outside of the internet. Canyouseeme is the best test to know other people can connect to you.

But yeah, definitely get me in IRC :)

Hello, does somebody know if there's a fairly easy way to copy a players career progress from a single player game to a DMP server?

Thanks

I see now that the sections of the 'persistent' save file from single player is just divided directly into seperate files in DMP

You can make a Universe-Folder from GUIs "generate Universe from savegame"

Then copy/move all that files (or just the Vessels-folder) to your DMP-Server.

Copy persistent-file to DMP-savegame, done.

DMP-server must set to "career" in settings.txt.

Is there anyway to disable physics for player ships, but to allow them to still be visible?

Like the ghost from persistent trails,

or force them to act as one item like with wielding?

When ever there alot of players around I crash

Edit: never mind, I realize that i could lower physic range with BDarmory, but I can still see other ships with distantobject mod

Edited by cbplayer2012

@CivilizKerbolz: There's a few things that could go wrong here - If there's a mod that causes and error in the GUI call, it can affect all other mods (unity is a bit weird like this...). I'd need KSP/KSP.log to say for sure what it is though.

@Jansn: Thanks for helping silvanus

@cbplayer2012: Not yet, although that sounds a bit strange... If you figure out the steps for crashing DMP definitely let me know :)