.24 Contracts?

The only thing I can say for certainty is that the different earnables will be interchangeable, so you will be able to sell science for money, buy fuel and so on... might mean that talks of other forward moving on other similar things might start again (but not going to elaborate!)

of topic, was wondering when someone was going to post about .24!

With .24 adding a contract system, does this mean that we also will get money in the game? What will it be called? If so, then it will finally feel balanced.

It has been stated that money will be added to the game, but has not been discussed as part of the 0.24 release. From the many previous threads on this topic, it's widely expected that money won't even be in the contract release (the release will have contracts as goals, but will not provide money as a reward, yet).

The only thing I can say for certainty is that the different earnables will be interchangeable, so you will be able to sell science for money, buy fuel and so on... might mean that talks of other forward moving on other similar things might start again (but not going to elaborate!)

of topic, was wondering when someone was going to post about .24!

Nothing is certain while the game is in development, including exchangability of currencies. It is, however, very probable that there will be an exchange rate to transform science in cash and vice versa as it has been discussed previously.

Would that only be career mode or sandbox too?

No word on this yet. I hope they simply include a series of options to activate or deactivate when starting a new sandbox mode.

It has been stated that money will be added to the game, but has not been discussed as part of the 0.24 release. From the many previous threads on this topic, it's widely expected that money won't even be in the contract release (the release will have contracts as goals, but will not provide money as a reward, yet).

Yes - in fact Rowsdower explicitly stated on the forums that economy aspects are not in the scope of .24 and will come later.

Mind you, that was like 2-3 weeks ago and things can change quickly and decisively during game development. But from yesterday's devnotes, they seem to be wrestling enough with the sheer size and complexity of the contract feature alone, so my bet would go with Rowsdower's statement.

I have been waiting for the contracts in version 24 and guess what. Malkuth has a plugin on Curse that does just that. It's called Mission Controller Extended and it's awesome. It has been out for a while and it is getting better and better.

.24 is probably only going to be the framework for contracts.

I expect the money part to be added later, and the converstions even later than that (it'll take awhile to figure out the ballance between the different currencies)

I seriously doubt you will get the balance you are looking for in 0.24. From what I can tell, this is a step in that direction, but we are not there yet.

Still, I am looking forward to the contracts themselves, it'll give us something to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.