[WIP] Kass Effect

Tessai

Hey folks, a friend of mine (keiphy) and I have long been thinking about making a mod for KSP and I recently came up with an idea, so we present you with

logo.png

The mod will allow Kerbals to discover the theoretical Kerbal Element Zero short KEEZO on Eeloo, mine it and use it in Kass Effect Drive Cores that reduce the connected vessel's mass by a factor depending on the current supplied to it.

After some discussion we have decided to use KSPI as a required mod to supply the drive core with enough current to make the drive core somewhat balanced.

Due to this using the OpenResourceSystem for resource management was a given.

Keiphy is working on the plugin proper, while I just finished the ORS stuff, making KEEZO mineable, and the KSPARP integration (just an icon really). As neither of us are any good at texturing and I am at best mediocre at low-poly modeling, we are looking for some talented help in that department.

Parts Needed

KEEZO Storage Tank (Radial and maybe Inline)

Kass Effect Drive Core

KEEZO Scanner

KEEZO Extraction Unit

Mod Dependencies

OpenResourceSystem

KSPI (Kass Effect Drive needs Megajoules)

Supported Mods

KSP Alternate Resource Panel

Very interesting idea. I shall download and give it a try when you release this mod. Talking to Fractal_UK is a good idea - he can contact you with some very talanted modelers that did some of the KSPI parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Plugin coding for the Drive Core is finished (mostly by me, with some help from Keiphy due to time issues). All parts besides the storage tank are working (via MM configs).

Future Plans: Find a Modeler/Texturer

Write a plugin that lets the KEEZO Containment Unit loose KEEZO while unpowered (much like KSPIs Helium Cryostat)

Particle/FX plugins for Drive Core and KCU

Javascript is disabled. View full album

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.