Favorite Car/Truck?

Ace_Of_Spades

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would much prefer a F40. I have always felt the F50 is a bit of a weird update. The F40 is not only the last car signed off by Enzo himself, it is also one of the last purely mechanical Ferrari's. Carbon body, huge engine, couple of turbo's and not much more. And the crazy 80's styling scores bonus points too :D

Ferrari_F40_at_the_Auto_Italia.jpg

But if I am really honest I think there are a lot of other pretty cars out there, and prettier ones to be had.

Personally I would much prefer a F40. I have always felt the F50 is a bit of a weird update. The F40 is not only the last car signed off by Enzo himself, it is also one of the last purely mechanical Ferrari's. Carbon body, huge engine, couple of turbo's and not much more. And the crazy 80's styling scores bonus points too :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Ferrari_F40_at_the_Auto_Italia.jpg

But if I am really honest I think there are a lot of other pretty cars out there, and prettier ones to be had.

Im With you on that one though i do feel everyones opinion is very good

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

As much as I'd like to say some ultra-modern, high-performance European luxury car, being the Top Gear UK fan that I am, and even though I've never driven one (though I've seen several of various years of manufacture in person and I'd like to drive one), I'd have to say the '57 Chevrolet Bel Air:

57_Chevy_BelAir.jpg

Edited by Flymetothemun

I realize that this is an old necro'd thread but I'll bite... Who can resist the McLaren P1. Its as much an engineer's car as a driver's car. And it looks great too!

XXZeETp.jpg

But in the spirit of some posts in this thread, I'd have to say that my favorite car is my old Datsun B110, long may you run. It was my first car and it was older than I was. Its body was in good shape and I eventually sold it to a guy who converted it into a dragster. He showed it to me when it was nearing completion. It was street legal but really funny looking. As far as I know, it is still going.

2003 Honda Accord with 2.4 liter petrol engine.

accord-sedan-2.4s-european-version-2003.jpg

100% reliability and elegance. It has pretty low fuel consumption considering it's powered by a 2,4 liter, 190 HP engine. Look, how timeless the shape is. You couldn't tell it's a 12-year-old design.

Too bad they'll stop selling it (the latest generation) in Europe, cause people rather buy a stripped down "poor man's" BMW (3 series without extras) cause it's a BMW, instead of buying a fully equipped Accord for a very good price. Looks like the brand is more important than the car itself...

Edited by jmiki8

Favorite car.... hmmm, now that's a tough one...

I would love to get my hands on an Ascari A10:

a10.jpg

As for 'sensible' cars, I tend to like cars that are a bit 'different' (but not too much)...

Like my own car, a Citroen C4 Coupe, with its 'chopped' back and fixed steering wheel hub (pic from google, not actually my own car):

1343312168_293_FT0_img_20120726_145411.jpg

To which I reply: "Then as far as I'm concerned, these are all worthless crap. But I need to buy a car anyway, so if you're nice to me I might buy it from you."

Definitely puts them on the defensive.

A sure fire way of getting a good deal is ostentatiously dicking about with the one person capable of giving you one!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.