Mobile VAB/SPH app?

Hi,

There was a post on the KSP subreddit, suggesting a simplified mobile app of the VAB and SPH scenes. Low-res textures, low-quality models and an interface optimized for smartphones...I personally think this is a great idea, and very doable. Squad really needs to consider this, IMO.

Original post: http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/253lbx/possible_to_build_a_vabsph_builder_mobile_app/

• 9 months later...

Would be a great app. Desktop or mobile app would be great. Just loading parts from gamedata instead of loading the entire game would be great.

When I get a the urge to work on a new design I can don't have to use my gaming PC.

Assuming lower memory use would also be more stable.

In addition if I wanted to design while flying another mission that would be great. Imagine being able to use the VAB durring those long burns or long descents. There would just be a lot more flexibility.

I'm not a mobile user of, well pretty much anything, but I agree as well. You could have the App start with the stock GameData data, and if you want mods, just plug your phone into your computer, and have the App analyze what additional Partpacks are installed and copy their essentials over. i'm also not too sure how much of that is possible, but at the very least, the App should be able to get the same modded files off of Curse (because Kerbal Stuff is 3rd party). But this thing could be awesome, and should happen.

• 3 years later...

[snip]

What problem is that?   There is no problem listed in this 4 year old thread.   Perhaps if you would expand upon your statement, in a single thread, we might be able to help. 

Edited by Vanamonde

@Gargamel This is one of the weirdest necros indeed :/

Anyway, since it has been.....

I only have a smartphone. Building simple vessels on it for a career mode (which I almost never play) will be possible. But it will be very finicky nonetheless. So unless you got a tablet I think it is quite difficult to actually build something using this.

I know many people got a tablet also but I wont be the one using this.
But as Azimech said, it will promote the game and be useful for those with the greater displays. So this should get done a lot sooner then later. Probably never since this thread died after 6 replies...