[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

And therein lies your problem, SXT uses Squad's textures rather than having its own (saves RAM, etc). If you open the .cfg of one of the affected parts you'll see MODEL{} at the top, with 'texture = name, Squad/Part/somerandompart/name' inside. If that texture isn't there or has been moved then it'll revert back to the 1x1 placeholder texture in the SXT folder, normally grey or black.

Ah ok, so I guess i'll just pop those bits back in.

Any development about to be done in this mod? I particularly like the 4x2 Habitat, but it seems to me it would need some more care (i.e. painted windows etc.). I'm about to build huge station this one can be particularly useful.

Diomedea is a moderator (as am I--we have green or blue names). The links were pulled because the files are not in compliance with the new download rules (they lacked licenses in the packages as well as in the OP). I'm sure Lack will reupload compliant versions very shortly though.

Diomedea is a moderator (as am I--we have green or blue names). The links were pulled because the files are not in compliance with the new download rules (they lacked licenses in the packages as well as in the OP). I'm sure Lack will reupload compliant versions very shortly though.

Yep, nothing terribly exciting, I'll upload new copies when I can. I'm having a few problems with internet at at the moment, but I'm moving next week, so once I get internet and a computer set up there then it should be alright.

Whatever happened to that LV-T45 without the thrust plate? I'd love to see a whole series of stockalike engines without thrust plates. Perfect for RSS.

That was initially the plan, I just got a bit distracted.

Links are back up as well.

I also want to push for that: I recently did a pass through all stock and (decent) modded engines I coudl find, and it's depressing how so very, very many of them either don't have any cycle at all, or have both exhaust and preburner and exhaust manifold, or whatever. Also, GIANT TANKBUTT.

So I eagerly, desperately await your bringing more magic to engines :)

I think it would be cool if someone like Frizzank made realistic engine packs for RSS. Nothing explicitly American or soviet, but more like a realistic style that fills the holes that stock engines can't. Command pods in KW/Realistic style, as well.

It would allow you to build near-perfect replicas of your favorite rockets like Saturn V or Saturn IB or Soyuz, but also create totally new things, all the while never having to use stock parts. I love stock parts and Kerbals, but they don't make sense outside of the cartoony small scale universe. When you put them on Earth, they don't compare.

Tankbuttless Stock engines would be perfectperfectperfect for 6.4:1 Kerbin, though some tankbutt models would go well with them so you don't have to use procedural parts.

I want a resize for stock parts that makes the scale 1.25 times as big as it is now. They are now about 64% real size. Let's change it so that the command pod is 2.875 meters, and use that scale. Also, keep the tankbutts on the outside of the part until a stockalike tankbutt fix is made.

do you still have those LLL-THSS adaptors? was it you that made them or someone else? its been so long i forgot :P but if you still have them on your hardrive you should release them for the newly remade THSS by someone.

Hey Lack, is there any plan to make a container for the karbonite mod?

Assuming you're talking about LLL, not SXT, there'll be one in the next release, whenever I get round to releasing it.

Don't quote me on this, but I think that the only potentially part-preaking changes was changing Costs to a float, from an int. Not sure, but I thought that int went seamlessly into float, although you have to cast float into int. Is that just Java, or does C do that too?

Anyway, I think that shouldn't break parts-only stuff. But again, I'm not 100% sure.

I have some suggestions for KSC++:

What about fixing the road connections to the vanilla buildings by maybe making the road go higher so that there's no grass between the mod roads and the roads of the vanilla buildings.

Also you also could add the traffic to the normal roads of the vanilla buildings aswell, not only on the new modded roads.

Maybe you could add some lightning rods to the launch pad.

I have some suggestions for KSC++:

What about fixing the road connections to the vanilla buildings by maybe making the road go higher so that there's no grass between the mod roads and the roads of the vanilla buildings.

Also you also could add the traffic to the normal roads of the vanilla buildings aswell, not only on the new modded roads.

Maybe you could add some lightning rods to the launch pad.

KSC++ is been completely overhauled, so those'll be included, I haven't got a computer that'll run KSP at the moment (building a new one when the parts arrive) but I should have a few screenshots somewhere in my emails, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Only some from blender

T2EO4yG.png

Edited by Lack

KSC++ is been completely overhauled, so those'll be included, I haven't got a computer that'll run KSP at the moment (building a new one when the parts arrive) but I should have a few screenshots somewhere in my emails, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Only some from blender

http://i.imgur.com/T2EO4yG.png

Looks cool.

Can't wait to see the new version released.