[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Lack,Ive tried to install this on MAC osx on ksp. 25.0 It doesnt show KSC++ when i load it up,shows nothing! it worked last ksp version though.

That just KSC++? It needs something like Kerbal Konstructs or kerbtown to run; Kerbal Konstructs is probably your best bet, I haven't tried kerbtown in .25.

*snip*

also i don't have paint i have gimp and might need some help to point out which texture i need to "darken"

EDIT:oh oops that's SXT AND LLL so yeah....

EDIT2: ok reinstalled and everything is fine... missing the bonny proppler though... i kinda miss it :/ (one next to your "barrel of fuel" in your pic)

also the part structure you were talking about (how SXT is before squad instead of after) is still happening but i'm not too worried about it

Edited by AntiMatter001

I threw one together for the 3 LLL omni poles today because this was bothering me too. Your mileage may vary. Tried to fit them in the tech tree so there's a progression from 16 > 16X > 32 > 64 > Tower, and adjusted energy usage up accordingly. Haven't done the dishes yet. This is mostly untested, I just did this for my personal use. Tower's a nice long omni but it weighs a bunch and uses lots of power.

@PART[LLLCommPole2]:FOR[RemoteTech] // LLL's "Communotron 32"
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@title = Communotron 16-X

%TechRequired = advElectrics
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%allowManualControl = false
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 3750000
%EnergyCost = 0.35

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

@PART[LLLCommPole]:FOR[RemoteTech] // LLL's "Communotron 64"
{
@title = Communotron 64

%TechRequired = electronics
{
}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 7500000
%EnergyCost = 1.0

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
}
}

}

@PART[Commtow]:FOR[RemoteTech] // LLL's "Communications Tower"
{

%TechRequired = specializedElectrics
{
}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 12000000
%EnergyCost = 1.5

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
}
}

}

I have no Idea where to type these values in could you upload your file so i can drag and drop this or could LLL update to include a Remote Tech fix

I have no Idea where to type these values in could you upload your file so i can drag and drop this or could LLL update to include a Remote Tech fix

you don't type them into anything except a empty text file.

i'll do it now for ya.

http://www./download/w1m9nj702lxfplr/LLLRTFix.cfg

done. just drag and drop into GameData you'll need modulemanager for this.

(also as a side note can someone check this works? i've done this before and it's worked for me but i'm not sure if this file works or not since i don't use RT2. if it works then message me back saying it does. thanks!)

all credit goes to westamastaflash for the original code

Edited by AntiMatter001

sorry for double posting but i just thought of a way to fire the cannon one by one.

if it's possible can you make both cannon barrels act as two different guns or "cannons" so you can fire one then the other?

or does the plugin not allow this or would it be bothersome?

Tiny bug report.

In RT2MM.cfg the stanzas activate off `RemoteTech2`, however as the mod now uses the name `RemoteTech`, these no longer appear to activate.

I believe changing them to NEEDS[RemoteTech] would restore functionality, but I've not quite tested this yet.

Edit: Tested this change, and it works great! Happy to send pull-requests if you're on github.

~ Paul

Edited by pjf

I have a bug report. It seems that "conversion to PNG" actually just renamed the TGA files while keeping their format intact. This has a side effect of completely breaking LoadOnDemand when I try to use it with SXT. Could this be fixed?

I have a bug report. It seems that "conversion to PNG" actually just renamed the TGA files while keeping their format intact. This has a side effect of completely breaking LoadOnDemand when I try to use it with SXT. Could this be fixed?

If that's the case, then why not just rename them TGA and do a proper conversion?

Lack would it be possible to include the textures in the next fix of this pack and have them referenced separate from the stock textures? Those of us who use Ven's part revamp or any other parts packs that alter stock components are running into some career save file issues. (This is even with Nathan's fix by the way)

That would rather defeat the purpose of a textureless pack, wouldn't it?

What issues are you running into with the patch?

Not really sure, it could also be a bug with how career saves work too. The problem is when I try to load up the career with Part Revamp + SXT + Your patch it wont let me get out of certain parts of KSC...buttons to go to the VAB stop working, buttons to return to KSC view from the SPH dont work...etc. Any experience with that?

SXT-19

Hosted at Kerbal Stuff

3HlY2rn.png

(And I even made an image showing some of the changes)

Changelog (actually kept one for once. Look at me being all organised and stuff).

SXT 19

Added KOPO4E low profile rocket engine
Added angled Mk2 adaptor
Added to 1.25m to 2x0.625m bi-coupler
Fixed MEM ascent and descent engines
Tweaks to Ke-111 glass and added lights
Fixed Aeronautical 2.5m to 3.75m adaptor texture
Fixed Ke-90 turbofan texture
Re-named 'Barrel of Fuel' to 'Mk1 LFO Barrel'
Buffed NK-8 from 2400 to 2600 kN
Tweaked KC-8 'Economy' Passenger Cabin weight
Tweaked both KC-8 crash tolerance to be more inline with other plane fuselage parts
Fixes to Remote-tech and modular fuel module-manager patches regards of pjf and Nathan
Tweak to RCS Boon drag and crash tolerance
Fixed internal texture bugs.

I've split the threads for SXT and LLL up, I'll post the LLL one later tonight.

-------

@Gaiiden,

Sure, it's happened just now :P

@ bamasace,

Sure thing? Which of the mods is it and what's the problem with it?

Still using and loving your stuff sir.

sxt.jpg

Couple of suggestions/requests. Any chance of giving the 2.5m tail's colliders another look? Get cheaty with some box colliders perhaps? Currently the (mesh?) collider is all kinds of 'knobbly'. Also, any chance of reducing the 2.5m 9 kerbal cabin's mass a lot? I know there's game balance to consider with regards to its crew capacity but I had to massively over-engine that plane up there to get it off the runway :P I'll do it through MM for now and drop it to around 3t.

Still using and loving your stuff sir.

http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/sxt.jpg

Couple of suggestions/requests. Any chance of giving the 2.5m tail's colliders another look? Get cheaty with some box colliders perhaps? Currently the (mesh?) collider is all kinds of 'knobbly'. Also, any chance of reducing the 2.5m 9 kerbal cabin's mass a lot? I know there's game balance to consider with regards to its crew capacity but I had to massively over-engine that plane up there to get it off the runway :P I'll do it through MM for now and drop it to around 3t.

Thanks.

Nope, not quite. Althought it is two colliders and the tail-most collider doesn't quite 100% match the new skin.

D3uEgct.png

The idea being to provide some flat-surfaces for the attachment of wings (whited out in the image above), it's worked pretty well for me, but I'll take another look at it.

I've been wondering about the cabin, the current 'estabished' balance does sort of dictate that they should be that weight, but it is very hefty (although there's a lot of enines in your picture, using FAR I'm normally able to get something like this to run happily with 2 engines). You could also take into account things like a presumed lack of bulky life-support and supplies.

I might wait to see what's happening with the Mk3 cabin though, I think that's meant to be something like a 16 seater.

You, sir, are awesome! Love your N1! :)

Thanks, I actually ended up buffing the second stage motor slightly after thinking some more about that discussion in the Tantares thread.

@camlost,

Yeah, a 1.25m one could useful. Was also considering making a concord style drop-nose cockpit.

---

Also, almost forgot about this.

N1V7dU3.png

Made a Mk2 themed rotating centrifuge. Should provide an artifical gravity very close to that of Vall's surface gravity (about a quarter Kerbin normal).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/RotatingMk2Ring.zip

Imaginary prizes for anyone who manages to get one into orbit (without hyper edit, obviously). Definite cudos if you use FAR, all of my attempts with that have ended up like this.

dTNJBtE.png

FYI commenting out those extra nodes in the Osaul/Hull.cfg file broke my craft while loading, but I MM'd em back in. Not sure if leaving those commented out was intentional, since they weren't deleted...

Ah yes, forgot about that. Yeah, I commented them out so people could easily add them back in, it was done to make them FAR compatible. When I did that, FAR was struggling with having the extra node in cargo-bays (causing massive drag), although, as far as I know, ferram was looking into so it may be unnecessary now.