[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Hmm, I really don't know. Could be an issue with OSX and the parts loader? I've never used any of apple's stuff so I don't know that'd actually be a problems. Anyone else had anything similar?

@Mach,

Yeah, I can take a stab at it.

--

Looks like the next update is going to be mainly aero focused.

Since it was a certain doctor-killing plane's birthday yesterday, I've been re-working the Bonny. You can actually just about fit 4 kerbals in which is neat.

http://i.imgur.com/FrdMcQD.png

I've also got 2 other 0.625m cockpits coming (2 seater and a 1 seater), some new wing parts, new prop engines and a Mk3 cockpit. As well as tweaking a few things to work in FAR, etc.

Hopefully they'll all have textured IVAs when they're released. Need to make some smaller control surfaces too. I'm planning on modelling some wheels and seeing if I can find someone who can rig them in Unity as well.

Ah ha! I thought that the Bonny looked familiar its based off a Piper PA-24 Comanche isn't it?

Hope you're all enjoying Christmas time (+ other holidays, or even sneaking in an early '1st Christmas' before the Orthodox one, as a number of people I know have done).

is there any way to tell what the issue is?

Your KSP.log (in the KSP folder) might say something, if you could try loading KSP with SXT and then uploading a copy of that to something like pastebin then I can have a look. Same goes for Zero266.

Also double checking it's installed correctly. Should be KSP/GameData/SXT/ Then there'll be folders like Parts/ and Spaces/ in that folder.

If it's not loading parts that could be the answer, the file paths need to be correct otherwise the game can't find the parts, I run it on 8.1 myself without any issues.

@Damaske,

Close, but think about 10 years earlier. Based it off the old Beechcraft Bonanza originally, but all these light planes look near enough the same that it could pass for any number of cockpits.

@BadRocketsCo.,

There was another one floating around somewhere as well, can't remember who made it though, can't find it either. Could probably use in RO like Nathan's suggested.

---

Screenshot dump:

Progress on the cargo loading ramp:

MID5LCL.png

Bunch of other things for the next update in no particular order:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The 'stuka'ish one is actually an vague amalgamation of a number of two seater planes, I mainly wanted something that'll allow you to fly a scientist with you fairly early on in the tech-tree.

There should be a few more plane parts, I've got some Spitfire-like parts and was thinking about making a Pratt & Whitney R-1830 (or 2800 for a bit more kick) since that can be used for a lot of things.

Edited by Lack

Woa!, those look awesome! Can not wait to get me hands on dem new shinnies!

My Christmas was slightly better than the ones in the past, thanks to getting a gift that i really wanted a 2nd monitor for my pc! I received a few other gifts mostly gift cards and a few IOU's from people with hard times. I handed out IOU's as gifts myself due to how hard it has been for me recently also.

anywho I look forward to the new parts, and the myham i'll cause with them and BDArmory heh.

Woa!, those look awesome! Can not wait to get me hands on dem new shinnies!

My Christmas was slightly better than the ones in the past, thanks to getting a gift that i really wanted a 2nd monitor for my pc! I received a few other gifts mostly gift cards and a few IOU's from people with hard times. I handed out IOU's as gifts myself due to how hard it has been for me recently also.

anywho I look forward to the new parts, and the myham i'll cause with them and BDArmory heh.

Ooh, nice. I've always rather wanted a second monitor myself. I think with how things have been this last while a lot of people are having quite small Christmas's and IOUs (although the people on the news have been claiming that spending has been up this year here, yet actual shopper numbers dropped again).

We had a fairly low key one, I got quite a nice little collection of books, clothes and some fancy coffee. Just a nice quiet family Christmas really, eating too much chocolate and despite a few panics about defrosting, the goose turned out well. That and we had brussels sprouts that were actually nice (basically cook them with bacon and onions).

Managed to sneak in a little work on blocking out the not-Concordehonest's IVA.

3bKzLVd.png

And a less than ideal landing

Edited by Lack

And a less than ideal landing

Didn't use chutes and the crew survived, I call that a mission success :)

Also I've been using your 1.25m, two-kerbal plane cockpit for Mun and Minmus missions - looks weird on a lander, but at least someone other than Jeb got to go for once! :D

2-man-can.jpg

...yeah, the profile on that lander is a bit dubious at times. But it sure does give good views on the way home...

kerbin-rise.jpg

One query though; this pod shows up as an icon in the staging list, but I can't figure out what happens when it's activated xD

Edited by eddiew

@Niemand303,

No problem. I'm going to fiddle around with a quick 5m decoupler instead of the NASAstyle one for it first. Got to upload the 2.5m cargo bay one as well.

@eddiew,

heh true. Although I had a few even less successful ones as well. Normally with rapid disassembly at a worryingly high mach number.

Thanks for the pictures, always good to see people using the parts. I find that cockpit can actually make for some good little retro-style landers and mini-shuttles.

The capsule turning up in the staging list is a relic from .24 I think, I think they'd planned to have science reports be activatable through staging but then scrapped it. Essentially it's down to this line in the config 'stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD'. So it doesn't really do anything, as far as I'm aware.

---

More progress with the IVA. Current working title for the cockpit is the 'Entente'

And a re-markedly calm looking crew

oZUfGub.png

Especially since this is the sort of thing that's coming (different crew, lots of fatalities today).

NjSVNWx.png

Edited by Lack

I'm experiencing a very annoying bug. Whenever the LV-T80 engine gets tweakscaled, it's mass becomes NaN. I'll post the question on the tweakscale thread, but I wanted to see if you have any insight into the issue.

I think I know what it might be, I haven't touched that engine in a while so haven't updated the electric charge module.

Go to SXT/Parts/Engine/J2Engine

and open up part.cfg

Change the bit at the bottom, this:

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0
}

to

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0
isTweakable = false
hideFlow = true
}

Hopefully that will work.

As promised, the new mini-packs are on the front page

NLum4nh.pngp9IjmCd.png
Edited by Lack

@Niemand303,

No problem. I'm going to fiddle around with a quick 5m decoupler instead of the NASAstyle one for it first. Got to upload the 2.5m cargo bay one as well.

Thanks! It's just my favourite parts, they work nicely with Tantares LK/LOK. :)

heh true. Although I had a few even less successful ones as well. Normally with rapid disassembly at a worryingly high mach number.

Thanks for the pictures, always good to see people using the parts. I find that cockpit can actually make for some good little retro-style landers and mini-shuttles.

Tbh I turn off FAR's aerodynamic disintegration option. I respect the realism, but I've not even landed a man on Duna yet, and it just feels like an obstruction to having fun, rather than a feature. Maybe next play-through when I'm more familiar with the game's mechanics :) (That said, dropping a probe into Eve's atmos at 12km/s... that didn't need FAR to lose pieces... bad idea!)

And yeah, I was liking the classic sci-fi look of that lander. Got retired when I had 2.5m cans, but it saw 3-4 launches and a couple of biomes on Mun/Minmus per shot, so it was put to good use!

Thanks! It's just my favourite parts, they work nicely with Tantares LK/LOK. :)

No problem, I also added some (weak) gimbal to the engines and a 5m decoupler. Yeah, Tantares is great, one of the reasons I haven't dived much further into some of the Soviet/Russian Federation side of things.

I might make a mini-pack with the ÑÂýõрóøѠparts as well (Energia. Yey, my Cyrillic is improving a little bit. Even if I keep smudging the pencilled in letters on my keyboard. Not great at ø vs. õ, first guess was ÑÂýøрóøÑÂ, but getting better).

@eddiew,

You can turn down the disintegration in FAR's menu options. I did play without it for a little while when I started .90, I think there's a bit more breakyoffness in stock as well. But I struggle to play without FAR now, but that's mainly because I've been spending too much time making planes. I don't think Ferram gets enough love for the work he does with that mod.

Edited by Lack

No problem, I also added some (weak) gimbal to the engines and a 5m decoupler. Yeah, Tantares is great, one of the reasons I haven't dived much further into some of the Soviet/Russian Federation side of things.

I might make a mini-pack with the ÑÂýõрóøѠparts as well (Energia. Yey, my Cyrillic is improving a little bit. Even if I keep smudging the pencilled in letters on my keyboard. Not great at ø vs. õ, first guess was ÑÂýøрóøÑÂ, but getting better).

Hey, I can help you with that, if needed. :)

íýõрóøѠmight be very interesting, since stock shuttles appear, at least you already have one of the engines made in SXT pack, the KD-170. :)

Hey, I can help you with that, if needed. :)

íýõрóøѠmight be very interesting, since stock shuttles appear, at least you already have one of the engines made in SXT pack, the KD-170. :)

There's also a RD-0120 a-like as well, the 'Commodore' (Although it's used essentially as a mid-point between the Skipper and the Mainsail) and an adaptor to mount 4 of them mount to a 5m tank. Still need to make 5m and 2.5m nose-cones (possibly some greeble as well), but most of the core-assembly is there (minus proper Buran like GOX/Kerosene engines).

RnIpCoE.png

Thanks, I may end up taking you up on that. Most of what I've got so far is from playing Stalker and Metro, so I've basically just learnt about a dozen different ways to say hi and f' off. Should probably ask my friends from work as well, most of them can speak Russian in some form or other.

Edited by Lack

If you do make an Energia-Buran, could you make it so that the baseline design can carry one of the DOS modules from Tantares? after all, Buran was intended to bring Salyut 7 down.

It fits nice in stock cargo bays, I have put Mir in orbit with a stock Buran-ish thing. :)

GTciG9_vKQg.jpg

6aYQBYhSh7E.jpg

kTcOJzMBzUI.jpg

@Lack, I have some of the translation for different hatches in this post, I think it might be useful:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81537-0-90-Tantares-Stockalike-Soyuz-and-MIR-13-2-Crew-1-25m-Pod-Fuji-Release%21?p=1530511&viewfull=1#post1530511

Edited by Niemand303

So I've encountered a suspected bug and am not sure which of the 4 mods I have is responsible, if any at all, and some parts from one of this one's mini packs, specifcally the air brake one, was on the aircraft at the time along with 2 other mods that could have directly effected the vehicle, those ones being Infernal robotics and Kerbinside.

Simple explanation of the bug is that my point of focus on the craft moves back after some time and the aircraft does not like that and starts bobbing up and down at the nose.

Now the reason I suspect this one is because right before it happened the first time I had hit B with the engines off just to test out if the air brakes worked or not and then bang things went wrong.

Drop box link for the output log if that helps any: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zekkyj4ez01kqz/output_log.txt?dl=0

As well as an imgur link to an album to try and show what happened best I can using only screenshots. (not sure how to make it so the pictures show in post :( sorry)

https://imgur.com/a/o4CO9#0

Also sorry if this is the wrong place for this but was the first place I thought of for getting help.

Edited by King_komodo93

So I've encountered a suspected bug and am not sure which of the 4 mods I have is responsible, if any at all, and some parts from one of this one's mini packs, specifcally the air brake one, was on the aircraft at the time along with 2 other mods that could have directly effected the vehicle, those ones being Infernal robotics and Kerbinside.

Simple explanation of the bug is that my point of focus on the craft moves back after some time and the aircraft does not like that and starts bobbing up and down at the nose.

Now the reason I suspect this one is because right before it happened the first time I had hit B with the engines off just to test out if the air brakes worked or not and then bang things went wrong.

Drop box link for the output log if that helps any: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zekkyj4ez01kqz/output_log.txt?dl=0

As well as an imgur link to an album to try and show what happened best I can using only screenshots. (not sure how to make it so the pictures show in post :( sorry)

https://imgur.com/a/o4CO9#0

Also sorry if this is the wrong place for this but was the first place I thought of for getting help.

Don't know if this will be helpful, but I do remember in another thread someone mentioned a bug about the center of mass moving backward from certain parts. I want to say it was RealChute (maybe) - are you using that? Do you have the latest version if so? Just one possible place to look.

Don't know if this will be helpful, but I do remember in another thread someone mentioned a bug about the center of mass moving backward from certain parts. I want to say it was RealChute (maybe) - are you using that? Do you have the latest version if so? Just one possible place to look.

No real chutes and while it could be related to the center of mass shifting the main problem I'm seeing is that during flight the focal point (where the camera focuses) shifts back as well as the apparent point of control in either a slipping manner or jumping (usually 2 times with the craft in the album before it goes out of control)

Edited by King_komodo93

Here's the Mk3 Loading Ramp. It's still a little rough round the edges & I'm having really trouble getting the texture switching to work, so it might stay as a stand-a-lone pack. But it does work.

http://www./download/kwxtnkg83lca0wc/Mk3CargoLoadingRamp.zip

@King_komodo93,

I've had a flick through the logs, seems like it might be an issue with IR. I've had the same bug in the past with MechJeb and the old LazorSystem (the mechjeb one was from using an out of date reason); I'm pretty sure it's a plugin based problem, rather than anything from specific parts.

@Niemand303,

Thanks.

Edited by Lack

@King_komodo93,

I've had a flick through the logs, seems like it might be an issue with IR. I've had the same bug in the past with MechJeb and the old LazorSystem (the mechjeb one was from using an out of date reason); I'm pretty sure it's a plugin based problem, rather than anything from specific parts.

Thanks I'll check if there's an updated version perhaps they've seen this happen and fixed it.

EDIT: Also not sure what wrong here but the air brakes don't seem to be working but I have no idea as to whether they are as all that's happening is that there is no animation for them when I hit B or click the button at the top. Also no option to put them in an action group shows up in the SPH.

Never mind forgot I had removed the firespitter .dll

Edited by King_komodo93