[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

are we getting that sweet looking nosecone as well :o

The one on the Su-27, or the 5m one? Because, both. The avionics nose-cone will double up quite nicely for most forth-gen (and some third) fighters, I think.

Actually, since I quite like these parts, here's the parts used in the jet fighter (the Mk2 adaptor with intakes and the nose-cone):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/subpacks/SXTSu27parts.zip

Glad you liked it, I would be honoured if you wanted to include it:D, huge fan of your work! It seems to be working as well: iantqur.jpgI'll keep jotting down descriptions as I go about my current mod tweaking, from this pack I plan on keeping quite a few parts that I particularly like (the N-1, finally have a good Russian launch alternative, looks great with KW aerodynamic fuel tanks, and many of the probes as well; the Hex with the truss fits perfectly with the Fobos Grunt from the Tantares pack for a relay / lander probe combo, and FINALLY a round probe without a base). I'll try and do as many as I can though, this will be kind of fun! However I'm not extremely knowledgeable on modding, in fact up until a few days ago I didn't even know module manager was something that could be manually used. My guess is I would have all of the descriptions in a single text file like this?:

1. @PART[LprobeFoil]
  2. {
  3. @manufacturer = Probodobodyne Inc
  4. @description = Studies conducted by Probodobodyne Inc have found that today's youth consider mono-propellent engines to be quote totally main-stream, uncool, and Grandpa Bill always talks about how Mono-propellent engines saved his butt in the first Mun landing, ugh what is with all of these questions?!. Upon being bribed for more information, the participants revealed that Xenon powered Ion engines were the current trending item. So in an effort to reach out to the youth and more importantly increase sales, the JKSS has had a tank of xenon crammed inside of it. Solar panels and ion engine sold separately.
  5. }

I have come across .cfg fies like this before, with a bunch of @part { } in them. I take it these are for patching things, as an alternative to actually modifying the native .cfg file? (so adding functions from other mods like RT, FAR, or KAS?)

Edited by DanBMan

I made a new avionics nose cone with a built in transmitter, and I finally got round to putting the Energia nose-cone I had lying around in-game (I updated the 5m parts mini-pack with it as well). Although hoojiwana & Beale have shown off a far more impressive one in the AB launchers thread, but I think they're planning on 3.75m, while this one is 5m and should fit in with the rest of the NASAmission-style parts; so there's still a niche I think.

Ours will be 5m with 2.5m boosters, but there is no reason not to have both available. We can't get anywhere near as low RAM usage as you can!

I have come across .cfg fies like this before, with a bunch of @part { } in them. I take it these are for patching things, as an alternative to actually modifying the native .cfg file? (so adding functions from other mods like RT, FAR, or KAS?)

That's right - anything with an @part in is a Module Manager patch, and should be read as: "At the part named [partName], replace the following...". You sometimes also get @part[*]:HAS[someStuff] { } which means "For all parts that have [someStuff], do the following..."

Yeah, the module manager will then just patch those in; it can also modify things depending on what mods are present, multipe values, and all sorts of useful things without actually changing with the file itself. Bit more about it here and here if you're interested.

Making the descriptions as a module manager patch would mainly be if you wanted to release the part descriptions here before I get SXT20 shipshape; otherwise you can just send me the part name and the description and I'll put it in for the next version.

@hoojiwana,

I'm looking forward to the AB launcher pack as well, it's looking very pretty so far.

Edited by Lack

Okay, now this is really useful. It doesn't appear to matter how I have the 'textures' set up on my end; the only common domoniator I can see is that all of the effected textures, seemingly without exception, are from the NASAmission folder. The ones in the Squad folder all seem to load. Something on ATM's end with the handling of that folder, then?

I wonder if moving the contents of the NASAmission folder to the Squad folder would change anything (if you do that you'd have to run a search and replace for 'NASAmission/' to 'Squad/' in the SXT folder via Notepad++). I haven't got my KSP install itself on this computer, but if anyone's willing to try that'd be great, else I can give it a shot tomorrow when I pick up the files. Then it might be possible to set up a patch for ATM in a similar way to how Nathan handled the old Ven's SPR-SXT patch.

Also, the red/white means that the game hasn't 'got' a proper texture for the part (if it can't find a file, it tends to crash during load, I assume this means it's having trouble reading the file it found as a texture), on a plain UV map it'd show up as a check-pattern.

@mecki,

Ven's SPR used to require a compatiblity patch, but I believe the latest versions should work fine with SXT. Although I haven't tested this. But it's looking like it's definitely something with ATM/NASAmission, unless it's every single texture that is red/white.

aaaaaaahhhh, I have this problem with *.dds loader.

I just tried this today but the game crashes in the loading screen. The log looks like it can`t find some of the textures for the SXT parts.

These are the last lines in the log before the crash:

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2625 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/model001

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2627 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/model002

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2629 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/model002_NRM

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/model003

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2633 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Aero/noseCone/model000

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2635 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Aero/Wing/Wings

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2637 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/375mProbe/fueltTanks_cm

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2639 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/375mProbe/model000

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2641 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/375mProbe/model001_NRM

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/Bonny/model000

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2645 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/Bonny/model001_NRM

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/Dontstay/model000

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2649 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/HECS-Ranger/ksp_m_hexProbe_diff

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=2651 w=1 h=1 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]

Load(Texture): SXT/Parts/Command/HECS-Ranger/ksp_m_hexProbe_normal_NRM

PS: I`m using ATM but from the posts here it looks like this should still work with that.

Other than having no real idea what's causing it, no.

ATM, .dds converters, people running the pruner in Ven's stock revamp all seem to be associated, but different things seem to work for different folks and I haven't been able to replicate any of it. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it on my end either, all rather disheartening.

I'd say, if you're having problems.

Does the game load: Yes/No

Is it all textures, or do some load while others don't?

Are you using Ven's Stock Revamp?

If yes, have you run the 'VSR_pruner.bat'? (Get's rid of textures SXT uses, so probably a culprit).

Are you using ATM?

Are you using the .dds thingy?

Windows/Mac/Linux?

32 or 64bit?

Anything else that might mess with the Squad folder?

Then the typical stuff like crash-logs, etc.

Edit:

Currently,

ATM (x86 Aggressive) works without issue for me

ATM (x86 Basic) - Encountered problems.

- First time, only a few issues with some of the Cmd pods turning up as a shiney black

- Second time - None of the NASA mission textures register (red/white), anything with a normal map is fubar

- Messing around with texture format on my end doesn't appear to solve where the textures actually load properly, just if you get red/white or 1x1 texture colour (e.g. black).

- Resizing from 1x1 to 64x64 might be working? Need to play around some more with it. But it'd be a 172 files to change, not fun.

Edit:

- Nope, that doesn't seem to help. Slight variations in which parts are affected changes every time I restart the game. Could have a 64x64 bit shrunk version of original texture, so the game could use that if it doesn't load the regular one, but it'd probably still look awful.

Edited by Lack

If I remember right I`m using ATM basic so that might be the problem. For now I picked a few parts that were most important to me (large wings and 2,5m cargo bay) and those are working fine.

I'm using ATM aggressive. I did use the prune script from Vens Stock Part Revamp to avoid loading unneeded Squad Parts. That seems to be the culprit in my case… unpinning these files brought the textures back.

I hope there could be a compromise (not loading Squads parts but also using SXT and Ven…)

I'm using ATM aggressive. I did use the prune script from Vens Stock Part Revamp to avoid loading unneeded Squad Parts. That seems to be the culprit in my case… unpinning these files brought the textures back.

I hope there could be a compromise (not loading Squads parts but also using SXT and Ven…)

There is a patch by NathanKell that does that, or as close as it's possible to get.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izwypbh6a6z01fh/VenSXT.zip?dl=1

It should mean that only the Squad textures SXT requires are loaded. Although I haven't tested this with the pruner, should work though.

There is a patch by NathanKell that does that, or as close as it's possible to get.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izwypbh6a6z01fh/VenSXT.zip?dl=1

It should mean that only the Squad textures SXT requires are loaded. Although I haven't tested this with the pruner, should work though.

Thank you, that sounds great!

I'll try this

___ UPDATE ___

As it seems this works. Most of the textures are back as intended.

Hopefully there will be something more elegant made available by Ven.

Thanks!

Edited by mecki

Like what? (Since I'm the one who made both the pruner and the patch).

Which, in the business of botch jobs, is about as elegant as it gets. I spent about two minutes thinking of a hypothetically more elegant way and I couldn't. Admittedly I have been drinking grape juice.

Heh, that is the efficient and elegant solution. Anyway, I've added a link to it in the OP here as well.

@ObsessedWithKSP,

I wasn't aware that was a feature, haven't been following the thread very closely. KSC++ is next on my list after SXT20 is done (and the parts I still need to finish for Nathan).

Like what? (Since I'm the one who made both the pruner and the patch).

Sorry, I didn't want to sound demanding or even rude.

I don't know much about how the game loads its parts and textures and ModuleManagers patches so I was just theorizing I guess. Or hoping ;-)

I wasn't aware that was a feature, haven't been following the thread very closely. KSC++ is next on my list after SXT20 is done (and the parts I still need to finish for Nathan).

Any plans to update KSC++ with night lights now that the stock buildings have them? Currently looks a little out of place in the nighttime...