[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

I've noticed these textures have changed location and some are have changed, like the inline cockpit and circular intake ones. I'm sure there are more.

How would I go about creating a Module Manager patch to change all instances of these within the SXT directory? I don't have the time to change every file by hand, unfortunately.

// texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Utility/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/model000
texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Aero/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/model000

// texture = mk2Fuselage , Squad/SPP/Mk2FuselageLong/mk2Fuselage
texture = mk2Fuselage , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageLong/mk2Fuselage

//texture = Mk3Fuselage , Squad/Parts/Mk3/Mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/mk3Fuselage

// texture = decoupler_and_adaptor_cm , NASAmission/Parts/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm
texture = decoupler_and_adaptor_cm , Squad/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm

// texture = Cockpit , Squad/SPP/Mk2CockpitStandard/Cockpit
texture = Cockpit , Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitStandard/Cockpit

//texture = Wings , Squad/SPP/Wings/Wings
texture = Wings , Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings

//texture = twin_nozzle_booster_cm , NASAmission/Parts/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_cm
texture = twin_nozzle_booster_cm , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_cm

// texture = twin_nozzle_booster_nm_NRM , NASAmission/Parts/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_nm
texture = twin_nozzle_booster_nm , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_nm

// texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model001
texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model001

// texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model002
texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model002

//texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitDiffuse // new model, map changed

//texture = model001_NRM , Squad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitNRM2 // new model, map changed

//texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Utility/CircularIntake/model000
texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Aero/circularintake/circularintake //new model, map changed?

// texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Utility/CircularIntake/model001
texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Aero/circularintake/circularintake //new model, map changed?

Edited by Andrew_C
fixed mistake, more info, more corrections

I've noticed these textures have changed location and some are have changed, like the inline cockpit and circular intake ones. I'm sure there are more.

How would I go about creating a Module Manager patch to change all instances of these within the SXT directory? I don't have the time to change every file by hand, unfortunately.

// texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Utility/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/model000
texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Aero/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/model000

// texture = mk2Fuselage , Squad/SPP/Mk2FuselageLong/mk2Fuselage
texture = mk2Fuselage , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageLong/mk2Fuselage

//texture = Mk3Fuselage , Squad/Parts/Mk3/Mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/mk3Fuselage

// texture = decoupler_and_adaptor_cm , NASAmission/Parts/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm
texture = decoupler_and_adaptor_cm , Squad/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm

// texture = Cockpit , Squad/SPP/Mk2CockpitStandard/Cockpit
texture = Cockpit , Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitStandard/Cockpit

//texture = Wings , Squad/SPP/Wings/Wings
texture = Wings , Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings

//texture = twin_nozzle_booster_cm , NASAmission/Parts/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_cm
texture = twin_nozzle_booster_cm , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_cm

// texture = twin_nozzle_booster_nm_NRM , NASAmission/Parts/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_nm
texture = twin_nozzle_booster_nm , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_nm

// texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model001
texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model001

// texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model002
texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model002

//texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitDiffuse // new model, map changed

//texture = model001_NRM , Squad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitNRM2 // new model, map changed

//texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Utility/CircularIntake/model000
texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Aero/circularintake/circularintake //new model, map changed?

// texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Utility/CircularIntake/model001
texture = model002_NRM , Squad/Parts/Aero/circularintake/circularintake //new model, map changed?

Each of those would be turned into a patch like so:

@PART[partName]
{
@texture = model000, new/Path/to/Texture
}

Each of those would be turned into a patch like so:

@PART[partName]
{
@texture = model000, new/Path/to/Texture
}

Thanks for the answer, but I already know how to do it that way, I was rather hoping there was a way to do a global search and replace within the SXT directory with Module Manager.

Thanks for the answer, but I already know how to do it that way, I was rather hoping there was a way to do a global search and replace within the SXT directory with Module Manager.

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Lack]] {

@MODEL,* {
@texture ^= :^Squad/Parts/OldPathToTexture:Squad/Parts/NewPathToTexture:
}
@MODEL,* {
@texture ^= :^Squad/Parts/OldPathToAnotherTexture:Squad/Parts/NewPathToAnotherTexture:
}

}

Basically it looks for model nodes that have path1 and replaces the path with path2. Note this is a global search -- this will catch all model nodes referencing that path in a single patch. just dupe the "@MODEL,*" block as many times as you need.

(And this is all phone typing so beware.)

Change

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Lack]]

to

@PART[*]:FINAL

1. You want to run for all parts with changed paths, no need to only do SXT

2. FINAL is usually a bad idea, but warranted in this case (to run after anything else that might change texture paths).

By the way, KSC ++ seems to work with 1.0.x, although for some reason, sometimes when I load the palm trees just get whitish grey textures. It is creepy. Especially at night. They are scaring me. Help me. :sticktongue:

Some bits you may be able to get working yourself, but they could be out of balance.

Using the N-1 mini-pack as an example, the big thing is the attach nodes. It needs a small edit to the part.cfg files.

Here's the snippet of code from one of the engines:

// --- node definitions ---

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.51844, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

The edit is in the third line, and about as simple as you can get.

// --- node definitions ---

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.51844, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

It's just changing the 5th value of node_stack_bottom from positive to negative.

With that, the N-1 will work, but the thrust, cost, mass, and aerodynamics will all need adjusting to get similar results in v1.0.x as it could give in v0.90

I know enough to make a fair stab at some of those, plotting some curves from the numbers for stock engines, but the aerodynamics system is too different. The real N-1 was very Kerbalish, crazy big and prone to explode, but I am sure that even Jeb was looking worried...

Has anyone had luck fixing the texture issues that seem to persist with the centrifuge Mk2 habitat? The instructions for users with ATM don't seem to work with 1.0.2. Also, I'm aware the file paths have changed, I updated them but I still get primarily white, black, or pinkish textures trying to use it.

I've been trying all kinds of things left to right to get this pack to work but no luck yet. I think I will have to widen my tests to up, down and back and forth. Any comments on solving issues are welcomed.

Welp, nobody else has done it yet so figured I will (open license and all).

I uploaded it to github and fixed the texture/model/etc paths and added any missing assets. Please try it out and submit any other lacking (heh) fixes, and let's get this released for 1.0.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SXT

Did you just do what I think you did?

Did you just make a pun?!?!

Seriously, though. Please elaborate on just what you did.

Welp, nobody else has done it yet so figured I will (open license and all).

I uploaded it to github and fixed the texture/model/etc paths and added any missing assets. Please try it out and submit any other lacking (heh) fixes, and let's get this released for 1.0.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SXT

Well, I just tried this out this morning, no joy. Almost everything's texture is either featureless black, featureless gray, or has neon pink highlights. There are a few parts where the textures are correct, but those parts were fine before I tried this update. Although, there are a few parts that were fine before (with the original pre-1.02 SXT download, I mean) that are now borked. The only part whose texture actually got fixed is the Duna habitat.

Anyway, this is more of an FYI thing, not so much a detailed bug report, mainly because I use a LOT of mods, including Active Texture Management, and this isn't the only mod that I've had the missing texture problem with, so there you go.

Thanks for trying though, NathanKell. :)

Later! :D

Neutrinovore: Did you, perhaps, install Stock Revamp and then prune? Or, how did you install this? You click 'download zip' and then you grab the stuff in GameData and drag it to your GameData.

I feel relatively confident it's either pruning, or bad install, since (a) it works fine for me and (B) it seems to work fine for folks in the SXT dev thread.

Just checking in to say no problems so far. Everything appears to look fine in the catalogue, and the few parts I've used so far have been fine. I have lots of plugins installed, but not not ATM, since this is the first real parts pack.

Now I just have to figure out how to categorise all these new parts some way!

Wow, thanks for getting it working Nathan! I've been pretty short on time recently (i.e. work, sleep, repeat), so had only done the odd bit of fixing here and there (so had a new version nowhere near done). I suspect engines and the likes will need rebalancing to be in-line with the new stock values (which have been changed I believe).

I'll see if I can figure out github this time.

Just one very small issue noticed so far - the PPD-8 lander can's bottom node needs the flipperoo as well if you're not using the Non-Strict Part Attachment Orientation thing. I haven't downloaded the version since the last one where I mentioned the same thing about the airplane tail however - so you may have already fixed this.