[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Ven's Stock Revamp doesn't break any textures. Only if you run the optional pruner (which the VSR OP specifically tells you not to do if you have any other mods that use stock textures) will you get broken textures.

Lack, my pleasure! Just create a github account and I'll transfer the repo to you. Yes, the engines need some nerfing probably; there's broadly a reduction to 85% for Isp (i.e. closed cycle NTO/AZ50 range). This thread may prove helpful: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118839-Updating-Parts-to-1-0

For the jets/props, see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120899-HOWTO-Airbreathing-Engines-in-KSP-1-0

Hopefully this is ok. I've made a quick MM patch to correct the prop engine nodes. If you don't know how to go about fixing the nodes in the cfg files, this will do it for you: SXTPropnodefix.cfg

If it's not ok, by all means take it down or let me know and I'll remove it.

Ven's Stock Revamp doesn't break any textures. Only if you run the optional pruner (which the VSR OP specifically tells you not to do if you have any other mods that use stock textures) will you get broken textures.

Lack, my pleasure! Just create a github account and I'll transfer the repo to you. Yes, the engines need some nerfing probably; there's broadly a reduction to 85% for Isp (i.e. closed cycle NTO/AZ50 range). This thread may prove helpful: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118839-Updating-Parts-to-1-0

For the jets/props, see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120899-HOWTO-Airbreathing-Engines-in-KSP-1-0

Thanks, I'll actually need to play some 1.0 as well I suspect. Do you know if FAR still applies the x0.5 modifier to thrust? The prop engines seemed a tad over powered when I checked yesterday, but might have just been my design.

Here's the profile I've got, I've added LLL onto there as well.

https://github.com/Signatum

Still figuring things out a bit with the desktop client, but I'm sure I'll manage (/break it a few times).

FAR doesn't apply the nerf anymore because the stock jets now have sane thrusts. However, that second link will give you tips on how to best configure a prop engine, as will checking out the last few pages of the KAX thread. Basically, you can have a decent simulation of a prop engine with stock KSP now (although fuel flow will be proportional to thrust, but let's hope there's an option to de-link in 1.0.3).

Engine costs also might need a look since engine costs in stock got rejiggered for 1.0 as well. The first link should cover changes to wings and thermal properties. And yeah, playing a bit of 1.0 might help give you a feel. :)

I'll transfer over the repo, although if it's helpful feel free to add me as a collaborator (settings->collaborators) if you want me to deal with git stuff or MM when needed (as I do for Ven's Stock Revamp).

It should also be straightforward to change CKAN over to using github releases rather than KS releases if you want to use github's excellent release system (though you can do both, of course).

Yes, NathanKell on the previous page.

Ok, I just tried it, and I still ended up with black and pink discolored parts. I use active texture management, and it may be doing this. How do I stop it?

Ok, I just tried it, and I still ended up with black and pink discolored parts. I use active texture management, and it may be doing this. How do I stop it?

You have to tell ATM to exempt these parts (the majority of them are using the stock textures anyway, so there's no bloat). That's a question for ATM's thread.

I did find two weird issues with NK's pack, both seemingly node-related:

The Mini Goo (stackable Goo container) won't allow anything stacked on top of it. The top and bottom nodes seem different.

My beloved airbags when clicked from the part catalog seem to 'spawn' on the floor of the VAB, if I pick them up they can be attached but in a slightly strange way.

Ho do I download 1.0.2 Version of sxt?

To download the latest version go to the original post and click the link to github, once on github open the gamedata folder and download the first 3 items. Place them in the ksp gamedata folder like another ksp mod. I don't think the current version is balanced but it will work with 1.0.2

So that'd just be adding 'multFlow = false' to the [ModuleEngines] for the props then? The curves themselves were a lot of hand-waving, I guess I'll have to work out some proper ones at some point.

Played around a bit more with Github, getting the hang of the basics I think. Got rid of the thrust multipliers since FAR doesn't half them now, though I'm wondering if I actually need any of the stuff in FerramAerospacetweaks.cfg with the new version, and what new tweaks are required.

The curves you have will no longer work in 1.0. You need to make curves per this thread, or just copy the curves from KAX (probably easier) and tweak. In particular, air-breathing engines should have a constant atmosphereCurve, and velocityCurve doesn't even exist anymore. :) (You want to be playing with atmCurve and velCurve).

You should also add multFlow=false too, yeah, so that props vary thrust rather than fuel flow, and you should probably make them use a bit of intake air (check how the jetEngine cfg in stock KSP is worked for the extra param for PROPELLANT) and have a tiny intake.

Regarding FAR, nope, everything in that file stays. FAR still needs wings and control surfaces defined for it, and that's all that file does now.

This finally updated? I think the only thing left to say is "yoink"... thanks, man. I assume this is 1.0.3 compatible?

Edited by Kagame
Wait, what?

Excellent, knew if I camped this thread long enough there'd be a 1.0.x version :)

Of course 1.0.3-4 could well have totally shifted the balance and made some parts either OP or useless - I shall be hunting for the former asap :D

Oh yes, it's certainly not balanced yet. Do feel free to submit changes to the github as well. I'm away for a few days, but will be back over the weekend.

@CaptainCreeper,

That one of the mini-packs? They're still outdated at the moment [0.90] (Mk3 ramp still sort of works I think), but you can pull the relevant files out of the main pack.