[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Just a heads up on a funk engine, I think - the Merlin engine has some really weird curve applied, or something: stationary, it will produce something like 15kn, but moving at 5 or 6 m/s it shuts off; in the editor it reads as 2668 kn at mach 0.4.

Thanks for the heads up, found it. Type means that it's 94 times the thrust in the vel-curve, instead of 0.94

https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/blob/master/GameData/SXT/Parts/Engine/propEngines/Merlin66.cfg

Opps. Either someone could do a pull-request and I'll approve it, or I'll upload a fix later on.

@theJesuit,

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. If you've got screenshots, do post them.

Just to say that I'm enjoying the Mk2 Centrifuge Habitat. Thanks!

Do you have any plans of making an IVA for the Mk2 Centrifuge Habitat, even just an extended version of the Mk2 Crew Cabin perhaps with kerbals facing each other playing cards or such?

If not, I tried plugging in the Mk2 crew cabin internal via the part.cfg, but the window view doesn't travel with the spin. Please excuse my ignorance, is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks again! Peace.

Opps. Either someone could do a pull-request and I'll approve it, or I'll upload a fix later on.

I figured out how to do that! So it's there.

Also, if you're still having trouble with some of those .png files, you might give DDS4KSP a try. Fixed a few wonky textures for me when converting via paint.net wasn't working.

Hey Lack, just a note- the Mk2 and Mk3 elevons deploy wrong. As in, the deploy button causes one to go up, the other side to go down. It's a bit... Frustrating.

Okay, had a look at this. It can be 'solved', but the solution isn't erm.. pretty.

It appears to be due to the node_attach, which decides the symmetry. I had to mess with this a little in the first place to get the part to display 'face up' on both sides of the wing.

Current node_attach for the Mk2:

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

And for the FAT-445 Aeroplane Control Surface

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

And if I change the Mk2's node attach to the same as the FAT-445, then the 'deploy' will work correctly, the symmetry doesn't at all. The game just flips a part when you use 'symmetry', it's not true symmetry' (which people who've made wings with one-sided heat shields will no doubt have encountered)).

In the end, you get this:

rLOvscs.jpg

Sadly I don't think there's anything else I can really do, unless anyone knows of a plugin that could handle it.

@theJesuit,

I may try to make one at some point, but it might be complicated and I don't even know if IVA parts are capable of handling an animation (which would be necessary to have the whole thing travelling round a central point). If it does, it should be theoretically possible.

@Randazzo,

Thanks. I'll try it out.

@AdrianK.,

Yeah, probably when I get round to sorting out the mini-packs again. Though they'll probably fall behind development of the main pack, it's always a nuisance to try keep everything in line.

Nice to see this updated! When you update the mini-packs could you index them on CKAN? And maybe make a mini-pack for that huge russian-like plane system please?

Sure, I'd been considering if I should have the mini-packs on CKAN or not. I didn't want to clutter things up at the time, but that mightn't be such a problem and things like the Mk3 ramp are certainly popular enough to warrant it. Yep, the An-225 can certainly see it's own pack (plus it doubles as a 747 in a pinch. If only I could get the 3.75m crew-section to work properly, the smoothing always kept misbehaving with it despite about 4 re-designs).

If only I could get the 3.75m crew-section to work properly, the smoothing always kept misbehaving with it despite about 4 re-designs).

You use Blender, right? I've never had edge split behave incorrectly, but maybe there are some particular cases I haven't seen.

Sure, I'd been considering if I should have the mini-packs on CKAN or not. I didn't want to clutter things up at the time, but that mightn't be such a problem and things like the Mk3 ramp are certainly popular enough to warrant it. Yep, the An-225 can certainly see it's own pack (plus it doubles as a 747 in a pinch. If only I could get the 3.75m crew-section to work properly, the smoothing always kept misbehaving with it despite about 4 re-designs).

Hey,

I really like your Mk3 parts from the minipacks and I would like to recommend them for SETIctt using a .ckan metapack, since it is extremely useful for an early Mk3 cargo plane.

And if I change the Mk2's node attach to the same as the FAT-445, then the 'deploy' will work correctly, the symmetry doesn't at all. The game just flips a part when you use 'symmetry', it's not true symmetry' (which people who've made wings with one-sided heat shields will no doubt have encountered)).

In the end, you get this:

https://i.imgur.com/rLOvscs.jpg

Sadly I don't think there's anything else I can really do, unless anyone knows of a plugin that could handle it.

There is, actually. It hasn't been updated in a while, but it's pretty simple and I'm betting it will compile with minor changes if any on 1.0.4. I could try that if you're interested.

Welcome Back Lack. You were greatly missed :D Anyone know if the Centrifuge Habitat's textures have been fixed. I was greatly saddened to find that it is messed up after the new game updates. Here is a pic of what it looks like in game.

E99E769C197FC4AAAE14E7ADBD35486089920E0E

Is there a quick way to fix it myself or do I need to wait for an update (which I'll gladly wait for)

Encountered a issue with the DDS convertions. The agency logo's should be left as png and they have been converted to dds by mistake. Was setting up a new install on linux and encountered the no contracts issue and traced it back to this mod.

Thanks

Having some issues...

Jet "fan" intakes only want to attach on the front node, not the back (but I can work around this). Similar attachment issues with truck parts.

I can't select the airbags at all.

Not sure if these are just me, but everything else looks and works wonderfully. Nice mod!

Encountered a issue with the DDS convertions. The agency logo's should be left as png and they have been converted to dds by mistake. Was setting up a new install on linux and encountered the no contracts issue and traced it back to this mod.

Thanks

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I don't think I converted the dds properly (or does it absolutely have to be png?). I have a fix sitting on my end of github, though I've been staying with my brother for the last week or so haven't synced it yet.

@aidanbossman,

As in have the Bonny, and this one as a new one next to it? I'd need to make yet another updated skin for the Bonny though, the current skin is pretty basic and needs updating to be more in line with Porkjet's parts. I have actually found the model for it now, though.

@Spork of Doom,

Yeah, the file paths in the cfg need updating since things got moved from their old folders into the main Squad/Parts folders. You'll need to open the cfg and change the MODEL{} section to this

MODEL
{
model = SXMk2/Parts/RotatingMk2Ring/model
texture = fueltTanks_cm , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3MediumTank/fueltTanks_cm
texture = mk2CrewCabin , Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CrewCabin/mk2CrewCabin
texture = mk2CrewCabin_LUM , Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CrewCabin/mk2CrewCabin_LUM
}

You may want to add this as well for some extra utility

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceContainer
reviewActionName = Review Stored Data
storeActionName = Store Experiments
evaOnlyStorage = True
storageRange = 4.0
}

I'll update the download for the pack at some point.

@CrisK,

Thanks. Let me know how you get on.

@blowfish,

I'll take a look at it, thanks. About the edge-split, I did look the model up the other week, and it doesn't look so bad. I think I might have fixed that bit of it, but not finished the updates to the newer style.

@ThatOneBritishGuy,

Thanks. Don't have that much time for dev work or playing, but it's good to at least have some time (a 50-70hr week is so much more relaxing than the 90hrs I was working before).

@ Yemo,

Yep, I'll get it uploaded at some point.

@minepagan,

Yeah, it's a good shout. Still plenty of work to be done fixing things before I start making too many new things.

Well, I may have made one new part

mVHxHsC.png

Anyone know if Firespitter can handle contra-rotating props?

@boostedM,

Sounds like the node_stack bit needs fixing. You could either have a look at it in the cfg (and compare it to a squad part) or there's some option in the cfg to disable the whole direction dependent stacking.

The airbags, I suspect it's linked to the landing gear module (I have similar issues with some of the parts in LLL). Might try swapping it to the basic animation module.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I don't think I converted the dds properly (or does it absolutely have to be png?). I have a fix sitting on my end of github, though I've been staying with my brother for the last week or so haven't synced it yet.

I went end checked squads folder and those are dds, so i have to conclude that its just a conversion issue. Though I am no expert on that. Just reporting what i have found. Thanks