[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

The narrow and wide wheels, seem to have attachment issues in my game. I can attach them to the cab, however I cannot attach anything to their node. However, I can attach another wheel section, as long as I flip it upside down and then rotate it. I have tried to fix it on my end, comparing to other parts files and adjusting the nodes, and have not been able to come up with the solution. Is anyone else having this problem? P.S. If this is a repeat question, I apologize, I skimmed through the previous pages to find an answer and did not see one, yet may have easily overlooked it.

if there is a node, and parts do not attach, its entirely fixable by you in the cfg, a node is x y z rotx roty rotz size, typically not rotated right

(not to say a mod shouldnt fix for all, just saying isnt required, if you're in a hurry it isnt hard)

if there is a node, and parts do not attach, its entirely fixable by you in the cfg, a node is x y z rotx roty rotz size, typically not rotated right

(not to say a mod shouldnt fix for all, just saying isnt required, if you're in a hurry it isnt hard)

Hmm, I guess thank you for attempting to answer my question?? :huh: However as I had posted "I have tried to fix it on my end, comparing to other parts files and adjusting the nodes, and have not been able to come up with the solution."

Additionally, I do not see where I posted that I expected or thought it was required that the "mod" (creator) fix this. So, unclear on why you thought you needed to add that. I was asking for someone that has knowledge on this to help me out, if they can or even want to.

Sounds like the node_stack bit needs fixing. You could either have a look at it in the cfg (and compare it to a squad part) or there's some option in the cfg to disable the whole direction dependent stacking.

"or there's some option in the cfg to disable the whole direction dependent stacking." Where might this be in the .cfg, and assuming I have no idea what I am doing, what am I looking for? Thank you in advance.

Edited by GeoPhizzix

OH wow,you're working on this again, great!:)

I had just started trying to balance and fix the prop engines to be more inline with KAX and add missing sounds. As well as it being more techtree friendly. Great to hear this is getting some much deserved attention and welcome back.^^

or there's some option in the cfg to disable the whole direction dependent stacking." Where might this be in the .cfg, and assuming I have no idea what I am doing, what am I looking for? Thank you in advance.

Apologies, I wrote that wrong. It's in the debug menu, if you press Alt-F12 while in-game and check the box for 'Non-Strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks' then you shouldn't have a problem with the attachment nodes (I had to look that up, some had mentioned it to me before, but I hadn't checked it myself).

It's a temporary fix, and you might have to do it each time you start the game. This was something that started being enforced in 1.0+, since it was never an thing before,a lot of pre1.0 mods have the direction wrongly specified. I'll have to sit down and go through all of the parts really.

@anxcon,

That was a case of 'eh, that'll do'. I had problems with the plumes coming through the side of the part when I had all 8 nozzles present, which didn't look great. I'm not really sure how to do custom ones either.

@Svannon,

I had a read about it, and was brought up in another mod's thread, and they were saying it had to be png (but that might just be for their mod), but I was under the impression that the png was causing issues for ATM with the agencies. I'll try it with the new versions anyway.

@Artfact,

Heh, and I always thought KAX was the one that needed to be rebalanced, they're very powerful. Though they could be based off different engines, Sport engine has many times the thrust of my KO-550, though mine is based off the IO-550 which only comes in at about 300ish horse-power. There's differences in size as well, I tried followed the old ~0.64 scaling from real life engines, with a (very) rough conversion of horse power to thrust. It works pretty well, if you have a plane of a similar weight and power-plant, the performance ends up similar as in real-life.

Edited by sumghai
Fixed quote

Heh, they are more powerful indeed, perhaps it's what I've gotten used to. It would have been easier to scale KAX's engines to yours since yours have a larger range to fit the others in-between. I mean, that 2,5 meter one's a beast!:)

Might decide to do it the other way around if this doesn't satisfy, but I generally don't like to have to 'rebalance' everything myself so would like to keep that to a minimum.

Liking the contra-prop one! Based of the Nk-12?:3

The agent files are converted back to png in git. As mentioned by nightingale here it's possible to keep the main agent files dds but add scaled copies, but in this case it's probably simpler to just keep things png.

EDIT: If possible it'd be very nice to have all 8 transforms, so the RO hypergolic FX could look right. :)

Also also while I'm making asks ( :P ) could you lengthen the tubes coming up from the AJ10, and also make a long-nozzle variant of the AJ10 (i.e. just lengthen and widen the nozzle to about 1.25x to 1.5x its length and diameter--there really aren't many reference photos). Thanks so much! :)

Edited by NathanKell

The agent files are converted back to png in git. As mentioned by nightingale here it's possible to keep the main agent files dds but add scaled copies, but in this case it's probably simpler to just keep things png.

Thanks for sorting that out.

Heh, and I always thought KAX was the one that needed to be rebalanced, they're very powerful. Though they could be based off different engines, Sport engine has many times the thrust of my KO-550, though mine is based off the IO-550 which only comes in at about 300ish horse-power. There's differences in size as well, I tried followed the old ~0.64 scaling from real life engines, with a (very) rough conversion of horse power to thrust. It works pretty well, if you have a plane of a similar weight and power-plant, the performance ends up similar as in real-life.

Just a heads-up, that's my impression as well.

Although I've only been using the KAX sport engine so far, I routinely have to set the thrust limiter to somewhere between 10-50% to make it feel "right". That is with FAR, no idea about stock aerodynamics.

Came here for KSC++, downloading latest SXT now ;)

Edited by Corax

Thanks for the update!

Ah yes, forgot to post that here:

SXT 20.6 Changelog:

Airbrakes updated to new system and rotation fixed in the models.

Agency flags reverted to png (Thanks to NathanKell)

8 thrustTransforms on the BA-8 (For anxcon & NathanKell :D)

Beginning engine rebalances (Prop engines, Commodore, one of the SRBs. See below for proposed changes for next update).

Fixing inflatable balloons (1.0 doesn't like the old landing leg module) - They now run on the generic animation module, so remember to assign them to an action group.

Added radiator capacity to Boconok radial fuel tanks.

For next patch (SXT20.7)

Proposed changes to engine balance (since most are really OP at the moment).

ISP given as - ISP(Atm)/ISP(Vac)

* = Similar stock engines

**= Pre 1.0 values for stock engines

---

[B]Small Jet engine[/B]

Mass to 0.5T
Thrust to 12kN

Based of early jet engines from '40s, '50s. Will have to adjust cost to balance.

---

[B]BA-2 - 240/265
BA-8 - 240/265[/B]

*48-7S - 270/300
**48-7S(OLD) - 300/350

---

[B]Waxwing - 50/260
RT-2 Gnat - 100/250[/B]

*Sepratron - 118/154
*RT-5 - 140/165

---

[B]K-170 - 280/300 [/B]

*Mainsail - 285/310
**Mainsail(old) - 320/360

---

[B]KJ-10-37 - 150/320[/B]
Mass to 0.05

*24-77 - 250/290
**24-77(OLD) - 250/300
*48-7S - 270/300
**48-7S(OLD) - 300/350

---

[B]KOPO-4E - 100/340[/B]

*Terrier - 85/345
**Terrier (OLD) - 300/390
*Poodle - 90/350
**Poodle (OLD) - 270/390

---

[B]KX-405 - 250/270[/B]
Mass to 0.1

---

[B]LVN-240 - 140/840[/B]

Rename -LV-NX3
Thrust to 180
Price increase 35000
Switch to LF only
Add specularity to texture (need to fix broken model in Unity first)

---

[B]LVN-450 - 200/800[/B]

Sitched to multiple Nerva equiv, better than 4xNerva but more expensive
Rename -LV-NX4
Thrust to 250
Price increase 45000
Add specularity to texture

---

[B]LV-T80 - 280/300[/B]

*LV-T30 - 280/300
**LV-T30(OLD) - 320/370
*LV-T45 - 270/320
**LV-T45(OLD) - 320/370
*Skipper - 280/320

---

[B]Mk2 Linear Aerospike 290/340[/B]

Thrust to 200kN
Mass to 1.1T

*Toridal - 290/340
180kN/1T

---

[B]MEM Descent - 60/311
MEM Ascent - 60/311[/B]

---

[B]NK-15 - 270/290
NK-15V - 260/295
NK-21 - 220/330[/B]

*Skipper - 280/320
*Mainsail - 285/310
**Mainsail(old) - 320/360
*Poodle - 90/350
**Poodle (OLD) - 270/390

---

[B]KDB-885 ACS - 270/320[/B]
40kN/1.2T

*Mk-55 Thud - 275/305
120kN/0.9T
*Mk-55 Thud(OLD)- 320/360
*Vernor Engine - 140/260

---

[B]OMS - 80/290[/B]

Rename to O-40 "Huff"

*O-10 "Puff" - 120/250
*Terrier - 85/345

@Artfact and Corax

Yep, indeed it is. Got a few things planed for the engines:

SXT-21 planned changes

New plane engines:

R-2800 "Double Wasp"-like engine.

NLVx7oX.png

SYYU552.png

Rated at 25-30kN thrust

-

NK-12M Turboprop: Image

Rated at ~160kN

-

Mid-range turbo-prop (Not modelled yet).

Thinking of basing it on the Allison/RR T-56 in this configuration: http://www.worldwide-military.com/Military%20Aircraft/Aircraft%20Systems%20plaatjes/Engines/P-3C_T56_01.htm

Rated at ~45-50kN

Will also need to work out proper fuel consumption for these and prop engines, it's all a bit hand-wavy at the moment.

So the engine progression would something like

---0.625m---

KO-550 - 3.5kN

K-211 D - 12kN

KASRE66- 19kN

---1.25m---

K-211 J - 15kN (1.25m Could rename to K-601 and have it as a version of the DB-601 to make the differences a bit more clear)

*R-2800 - 25/30kN

*T56 - 50kN

*NK12M - 160kN

Could fill in the gap between the last two with something like the Europrop TP400. The engines will need names as well.

@EdusacconBR,

The curve does help smaller rovers squeeze under the rim at the back. I think for a straight one, probably best move it into one that can double up as a nose-loading ramp. Possibly with big doors that swing out sideways, I'll see what works best. In the mean time, there are always more 'creative' ways.

Edited by Lack

Awesome! :)

Question: What's the KOPO-4E based on? For once I'm not recognizing its analogue...

It doesn't quite have a direct analogue, the tank arrangements are based loosely on exposed versions of one of the Soyuz engines and with a single, wider and more recessed nozzle (I'm not quite sure of the set-up in real-life).

Okay, while you're in the "fixing things before the next release" phase...

-The nodes on the 0.625 and 1.25 meter inline intakes are reversed and cannot attach normally.

-The Jumo prop engine animation is backwards. ;)

Other than that, can't wait for that NK-12. I've wanted one of those ever since Firespitter first came out... and it'd better make a hell of a racket, just like the real thing.

Okay, while you're in the "fixing things before the next release" phase...

-The nodes on the 0.625 and 1.25 meter inline intakes are reversed and cannot attach normally.

-The Jumo prop engine animation is backwards. ;)

Other than that, can't wait for that NK-12. I've wanted one of those ever since Firespitter first came out... and it'd better make a hell of a racket, just like the real thing.

Thanks. I'll check them out. I suppose I'd probably have to make my own sounds for it, I doubt the ones in firespitter will do it justice.

@crasher925,

I haven't updated the download, but it's easily fixed: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542-1-0-4-SXT-Lack-s-Stock-Extension-N-1-and-Aero-update-SXT-20-6-05JUL15-KSC-v3?p=2092911&viewfull=1#post2092911

Airbrakes updated to new system and rotation fixed in the models.

Does this mean they work now and didn't before? Been trying to work out whether the (previous version) brakes were actually doing anything... :)

Does this mean they work now and didn't before? Been trying to work out whether the (previous version) brakes were actually doing anything... :)

It means the use the new stock airbrake system. If they weren't working before, that was due to a fault with firespitter. However, they're also balanced to the stock airbrakes now, and these seem a lot stronger. Previously they were balanced using data from FAR, so were weaker, but probably more realistic.

Engine balancing sounds good! Looking forward to the new prop engines, might actually try to do balance the KAX engines to these instead of the other way around, once the new pass is done.:)

It means the use the new stock airbrake system. If they weren't working before, that was due to a fault with firespitter. However, they're also balanced to the stock airbrakes now, and these seem a lot stronger. Previously they were balanced using data from FAR, so were weaker, but probably more realistic.

I'm not honestly sure if they were working or not, tbh, but I'll settle for them being balanced with stock :) Realism and fun don't always go hand in hand xD

Jump to about 0:40 for the sound from onboard.

Thanks, I'll have to make it suitably fearsome then.

SXT 20.8 is on github: https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/releases/tag/v20.8

Mainly for the new engine tweaks for things like ISP, heat, names, etc (plus fixes to cargobays (Kerbas-ad-astra), agency flags (thanks to NathanKell) & air-intake nodes as well)

Changes can be seen here: https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/commit/eaa0eeba8766ff747f71cbc93ce171669a126837

Do let me know if I broke anything horribly.

A small thing to report: the small 5m decoupler and the 5m K2 engine set (Saturn 2nd stage) seem quite wobbly compared to the rest, even when struted to death. Node problem?

Anyway, thanks Lack and the others for your work!