[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Anyone know why the mk.3 rear cargo door tail part wont attach to anything? Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if it has been asked before.

also is it possible that you could add in a part that is open like a cargo bay that transitions from mk.3 to the 3.75m. cargo bay so we can make true "drive through" cargo planes. And could you tweak the coding to allow fuel storage in the smaller top sections that attach to the large cargo bay cockpit's top node?

Edited by TMasterson5

Anyone know why the mk.3 rear cargo door tail part wont attach to anything? Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if it has been asked before.

also is it possible that you could add in a part that is open like a cargo bay that transitions from mk.3 to the 3.75m. cargo bay so we can make true "drive through" cargo planes. And could you tweak the coding to allow fuel storage in the smaller top sections that attach to the large cargo bay cockpit's top node?

What I'd like to see is a lab that's in the "smaller top section" form-factor to fit just behind the cockpit, and maybe design a one-piece aft cargo ramp that's like the nose, and would just mate directly to the 3.75m cross-section fuselage with that "top-section" attached, with flat-sides on the cargo-ramp's "upper section" to allow easy attachment of horizontal tail-surfaces

I've just tried your pack for the first time. Interesting.

I must point out that the time for the piston prop engines to rev up and down, is not realistic at all. Much too slow. Piston prop engines go from idle to standard operating speed (depending on type 2000 - 3000 rpm) in ~5 secs.

Started using this for the first time since 0.90. I get a weird bug where the small and medium stackable intakes just can be attached backwards, with the intake part towards it´s attachment. I cannot make it attach forwards using the node_attach.

Something with 1.04. changing node_attach?

Edit: Probably has nothing to do with SXT and everything to do with some other mod. I started seeing the same behaviour on lots of other parts now.

Edit2: So it turns out it is probably how attach nodes work these days. Some parts in some mods including Squads own parts caused this. Seems to be a known problem.

Edited by ThorBeorn

If this has been addressed already, but will there be an F-1 engine included in this to go with the Saturn-V? I know I guess I'm supposed to use the Mainsail, but it doesn't really match very well in my opinion. Plus I'd love to have a stock-alike F-1 to mount onto tiny rockets. That should be a hoot.

Okay, quick abusive test run with the new NK-12s revealed a rather frightening overheating issue. If run at full throttle, they'll be reaching over 1200*C within five minutes. That's the point at which they git a little... glowy. Is that intentional, or is that a bug? Either way, protip to all other NK-12 operators out there... stay below 2/3 throttle whenever possible. Reserve full power for Take Off/Go Around operations.

- - - Updated - - -

One other little nitpicky bit... there should be four prop "blurs" on each disc of the NK-12, not three.

Okay, found the source of the overheat...

The config file for the NK-12 currently gives it almost TWICE the heat production of the stock NTRs! (250 for the NTR, 400 for the NK-12) No wonder I was having issues rejecting the heat safely!

Thank you for wonderful mod pack, I love it. :)

Got very interesting prop. engines behaviour, including NK-12: first, the temperature, which I fixed by correcting the .cfg file; second, thrust and altitude dependencies. Engines just tend to turn off after ~5km above.

I know, that many prop. engines begin to starve for oxygen on altitudes approximately higher than 5-6km. However, there are many devices that reduce oxygen starvation of engine and, actually, NK-12 was create to work optimally on altitudes ~7km higher. So, I'm trying to fix and balance it for my own use. :confused:

And, last one: the prop. blur have a very low res. and it is very dark - so, I fixed it too. :cool:

Edited by Spacefarer
Made some mistakes.

Thank you for wonderful mod pack, I love it. :)

Got very interesting prop. engines behaviour, including NK-12: first, the temperature, which I fixed by correcting the .cfg file; second, thrust and altitude dependencies. Engines just tend to turn off after ~5km above.

I know, that many prop. engines begin to starve for oxygen on altitudes approximately higher than 5-6km. However, there are many devices that reduce oxygen starvation of engine and, actually, NK-12 was create to work optimally on altitudes ~7km higher. So, I'm trying to fix and balance it for my own use. :confused:

And, last one: the prop. blur have a very low res. and it is very dark - so, I fixed it too. :cool:

Hadn't taken an NK-12 up that high yet, but I'd be interested to see your updates.

Hadn't taken an NK-12 up that high yet, but I'd be interested to see your updates.

Well, my perfectionism doesn't allow me to show something "undone" and "not quiet done" yet. So it will take a while, probably.

In addition, I'm trying to set up Coffee Industries Pack to work with 1.0.4 for my own use and make for SXT's prop. engines for three and four blade engines. :P

For these operations I'm, actually, using KAX as a set up instruction.

P.S. Please, authors, don't sue me. :D

Edited by Spacefarer
I'm from Moscow, what do you want?

I've just tried your pack for the first time. Interesting.

I must point out that the time for the piston prop engines to rev up and down, is not realistic at all. Much too slow. Piston prop engines go from idle to standard operating speed (depending on type 2000 - 3000 rpm) in ~5 secs.

This, but also, the time for turboprops to rev up and down is much too FAST.

Well, my perfectionism doesn't allow me to show something "undone" and "not quiet done" yet. So it will take a while, probably.

In addition, I'm trying to set up Coffee Industries Pack to work with 1.0.4 for my own use and make for SXT's prop. engines for three and four blade engines. :P

For these operations I'm, actually, using KAX as a set up instruction.

P.S. Please, authors, don't sue me. :D

Great news man, Coffee Industries' stuff is wonderful and would be great to have working again.

The SXT prop blur had been bothering me for a bit as well, interested to see what you've done with them!:)

I have a problem. I love this mod very much. But in career it does not have the all of the 5m parts. the second stage engines 3rd stage fuel tank. and the lander for the jool v. ant help with this problem ive tried to reinstall both ksp sxt and tried sxt on a blank game thanks.

I have a problem. I love this mod very much. But in career it does not have the all of the 5m parts. the second stage engines 3rd stage fuel tank. and the lander for the jool v. ant help with this problem ive tried to reinstall both ksp sxt and tried sxt on a blank game thanks.

They may not be configured for career - 5m parts often aren't without modification to the tree. You can always add them to the nodes you think suit them best, with just Notepad.

Quick bug: The mk2 control surfaces (and likely by extension the mk3) have wonky deploy states. They don't mirror. I know Porkjet had to do some odd things with initial orientation when first selecting the part in editor to fix this.

Also, the deploy state option is respecting symmetry, which I don't believe is true for stock but i could be wrong here.

I have been having problems wih your elevons. they are not editable in the SPH and when on the runway they act like structural parts. I.E non movable.

This can be a warning sign of being close to the RAM limit. If you can't get the right-click menu on an item, save a copy of the .craft file

- - - Updated - - -

There's an assumption that the part a control surface is attached to is properly aligned with the up/forward direction. That reversal switch is supposed to cover such things as reversing a bicoupler to allow a pair of intakes, or using a nosecone as a trailing part.

But if you took a spaceplane cargo bay and rotated it so the hatch was on the bottom, pitch and yaw would change, but not roll.

It certainly looks like a wonky deploy state, but it makes sense.

Maybe you can fix the relevant part of the wing to a different fuselage section, and then use the fore-aft offset to position the assembly, you can dodge that effect in the chain of parts that leads to the control surface.

But that is a bit of a wild guess.

Lack with all respect, i enjoy your replica B-52 cockpit, but whenever i load, once i get onto the runway, it justs reverts to blank space. same by IVA. :/ I need help fellow kerbs. anyone else experience this?

Got an updated NK-12 config with reduced heat production (no glowy engines at full power!) and actual in-flight audio of a Tu-95MS for the main engine sound. Startup and shutdown are from KAX until I can find a proper set of audio for those.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/7xgnnkkoatli8u9/NK-12M%20upgrade%20package.zip?dl=0