[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

noticing 2 of the intakes (1.25M and 2.5M) give off this warning

[WRN 12:16:03.724] PartLoader Warning: Variable animationName not found in Part

because of part cfg having this line in the root - animationName = intake

does this serve a purpose? does some mod use this?

edit: on the subject of IVAs, id love an RPM IVA atleast for extente

Edited by anxcon

edit: on the subject of IVAs, id love an RPM IVA atleast for extente

There's one in the experimental build :wink:

https://github.com/Signatum/SXT (Click the Download ZIP in bottom left)

Been busy with work and conferences recently. Will post a status update with some nice pictures sometime. Been plenty of work on IVAs (which take ages).

Animation errors are probably from the animations those intakes (at least used to) have. Squad might have changed something in one of the updates, but shouldn't be anything to worry about.

@phillipssean67,

Are you trying to load a craft file from SXT?

@ Artfact,

Let me know if you make anything cool.

@MatttheCzar,

Very nice, thanks for sharing them.

Edited by Lack

Lack would you consider using ASET props and avionics for your IVAs? They make for a highly functionally experience. With the avionics you could replicate real aircraft cockpits as advanced or analog as you like.

Edited by Svm420

@Svm420,

I can certainly take a look at it. The was an IVA mod for the Kossak which had one based off the Airbus 320 I think (rather than the more antiquated Il-86 I based the part off), but that seems to have been removed from the pack at some point.

@baldamundo,

Looks like an issue with the whole +/- required for nodes in the config now, you can use Alt+F12 and check the 'Non-Strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks' while I get a patch ready.

@Viper_607,

Sounds like something that's handled in one of the configs on their end, probably best ask in the RP0 thread.

I'm pretty sure its I see seaplanes by the sea shore. :|

That's the joke :wink: I made those parts after coming back from Vancouver/Victoria, where I, in fact, 'saw seaplanes on the seashore'. Edit: noticed the on/by.

Holiday pic time:

KedtlsG.png

@Viper_607,

That's something they've done on their end then, presumably because the part isn't supported or supposed to be used in RP0 (though suprised they didn't also disable the research node bit as well then). They have categories assigned on my side.

Edited by Lack

Does the next update include habitat IVAs?

For the 5m hab, yes. I'll see about the others; problem is an IVA like that might take a couple dozen hours, while I can realistically only give a few hours a week to modding.

I could do something simpler and more similar to the normal cabin for the SPEKTR, and if I mix the basics of MIR and Salyut for the CAÛîT-7 I could probably come up with something reasonable simple. Plus, there's other things that need doing (finishing off the Jumo-213 for Ferram for example).

I noticed that a few of the 2.5m modules have a problem with their attach nodes (instead of having a top and bottom attach node, the top attach node is there twice). Although I can fix it myself in the .cfgs, it's a REAL hassle. Please fix. I know I've seen it in landermodule.cfg and SSP-10CrewCabin.cfg in /SXT/Parts/Hull/ServiceMod1/. If it's already fixed, it hasn't pushed through to the CKAN repository yet.

@davidy12,

Yeah, no problem. I need to shift the windows a little so I'll be editing the main bit of the model.

@StevieC,

Had forgotten about CKAN, I think the github's linked up to it but that might just be releases. I think I need to a .zip to the release, but I couldn't get that to work last I tried it (probably just need to try another browser). If you've got a github account you could submit changes to the .cfgs via that (without downloading the whole repo) by clicking the little pencil icon near Raw|Blame|History.

https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/tree/master/GameData/SXT/Parts/Hull/ServiceMod1

Edited by Lack

@baldamundo,

Looks like an issue with the whole +/- required for nodes in the config now, you can use Alt+F12 and check the 'Non-Strict Part Attachment Orientation Checks' while I get a patch ready.

Does the trick nicely. Cheers

Loving this mod but having an issue with not hearing propeller sounds. Am i missing something in the install?

The sounds for the props come from the fire spitter folder in the DL so make sure to at least grab the sound folder even if you have fire spitter installed already. I know I didn't have it at first thinking I'd dint need to install firs putter again. Also the prop sounds is quiet for at least the smallest one, so if your engines sounds in KSP setting is low it could be that. I felt it was almost too quiet, but I have never been anywhere near a prop plane to say factually.

Edited by Svm420

Loving this mod but having an issue with not hearing propeller sounds. Am i missing something in the install?

Yep, as Svm says, you need to make sure the /Firespitter/Sounds/ folder is installed (included in the SXT download). The volume does depend on your sound settings. Not super loud but get the point across, then again the rocket engines aren't terribly loud either. I think if we had realistic volumes in KSP people would probably moan about the hearing loss, blown speakers and shattered windows :)