[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

3 hours ago, M4ssler said:

Hello @ all,

is there any cfg. for remote tech and this mod? the link i fond on page 4 is down.

this would realy heelp me. thanks a lot

greetings

M4ssler

I would suggest you go to the KSP IRC modded channel at #KSPmodders. Someone there should be able to help you.

On 5/10/2014 at 1:56 PM, Lack said:

SXT - Stock eXTension

SyplbZq.png

Apologies for the terrible abbreviation. I'm aiming to make a memory light 'Stock-a-like' expansion pack that relies solely using the MODEL{} to reference Squad's textures and get a lot of 'bang for buck'. Which means that the RAM usage is as low as you can get. It's expanded a bit, but I'm cutting down and reorganising to lower the usage some more.

SXT Downloads

This is the full pack, with a large number of parts. There's a parts list on the Kerbalstuff page, but it's slightly outdated (from SXT-18 or 17)

BI9I4Jy.png

SXT - The Full Pack - Downloads

Github link: https://github.com/Signatum/SXT

SXT-25

https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/releases/

Latest dev build

https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/archive/master.zip

---

SXT Mini-Packs

Parts ripped straight from SXT. Each pack contains only a handful of parts, for those that don't necessarily want to download all of SXT. If you'd like to nominate some parts for a mini-pack, just ask.

Click on the image tiles to download.

[1.0.5+]

siHsRVh.pngccEYJhO.pnghqdjekm.pngtW9Tjwa.pngIOdXU9j.pngHkcWWOg.pngMMVCXnJ.pngN9muM8T.pngMeeoH2v.pngp9IjmCd.pngrtNnJ9v.pngZrpGjs.pngX63y1Gr.png

Mk2 Centrifuge Habitat

6zMOlhO.gif

A centrifuge-style rotating habitat. Good luck getting this to orbit.

Download

Changelog:

SXT24:
Overhauled Osual parts.
Textures now match Porkjet's style better and fixed the collsion meshes for the parts.
Added ability to tweak deployment state of both Osual cockpit and loading ramp.
Tweaked animation of ramp for more control over deployment state.
Added 3.75m Docking Port.
Added 5m fairings and heatshield (re-sizes of stock parts, parameters).

Finished updating part names, descriptions and manufacturers.
Fixed nodes for 2.5m Cargo Bay.
Further minor cfg fixes (thanks to Aivoh for pointing them out) - Correct name for ModuleCrossFeed and tabbing out of competitive agent mentality.
Neatening up parts list.
Deletion of defunct parts (old float cfgs. Not the ones currently in the mod, these are ones that haven't been used in months).
Fixes to heat tolerance for some plane parts.

SXT23:

Added Electronic Fan (based off Airbus e-Fan).
Added Small folding wing.
Added Jumo 213 style Prop engine (KO-213 "Wolf").
Added IVA for 5m Duna Hab and Clyde.
Added 'Off-set' and 'Long XB-70' style 2.5m to Mk2 adaptor.
Added 2.5m liquid-fuel tanks in similar style to Mk2/3 parts added.

New model and stat tweaks for SXT 0.625m jet engine. 
Swapped configs/models for older parts that have been replaced with higher quality versions by Porkjet (e.g. 2.5m turbofan, Mk3 Ramp, Mk0 fuselage, Mk1 passenger cabin). Old craft using those parts should now replace them with the new stock equivalent.

R-2800 prop will now look better when prop switches to blur (no more horrid blade mounts).
Props will have altered stats/fuel requirements based on the presence or absence of FAR to account for different atmospheric properties (x1.8 static thrust without FAR).
NK-12M spin-up time altered to fit real-life start-up better.
NK-12M thrust curve altered. Should perform a bit closer to reality.
RPM support added for Kossak & Entente.

Edits to descriptions, crash-tolerances.
Tweaks to stock aero-parts surface attachment settings.
Fixes to stack node directions.
Changed some part names to fit part order in list better (grouping with similar stock parts).
Mystery Good can now satisfy satellite contracts (Kerbas-ad-astra).
Moved Sounds folder from Firespitter/ to SXT/

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please note / FAQ:

Use of Stock Textures.

SXT is built around the re-use of existing textures in an attempt to reduce RAM requirements (and speed up modding :P). It relies on a number of textures from the Squad folder

> Ven's Stock Part Revamp is compatible, but using the 'VSR_pruner.bat' will probably break a few things - Try this patch if you've used this or the unpruner.bat file.

> If you have another mod that changes the stock textures or delete some textures, this will cause problems with the SXT parts that use those. See Spoiler tag below for list of stock parts used.

> List of textures used by SXT as of 22.4

Squad/Parts/Aero/airIntakeRadialXM-G50/model000
Squad/Parts/Aero/protectiveRocketNoseMk7/model000
Squad/Parts/Aero/wings/Wings
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_diff
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_normal
Squad/Parts/Command/externalCommandSeat/model000
Squad/Parts/Command/hitchhikerStorageContainer/cabin
Squad/Parts/Command/hitchhikerStorageContainer/cabin_n
Squad/Parts/Command/mk2CockpitStandard/Cockpit
Squad/Parts/Command/mk2DroneCore/mk2Dronecore
Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle
Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM
Squad/Parts/Command/probeCoreHex/ksp_m_hexProbe_diff
Squad/Parts/Command/probeCoreHex/ksp_m_hexProbe_normal
Squad/Parts/Command/probeRoverBody/model000
Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackLarge/model000
Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackLarge/model001
Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere/model000
Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model000
Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model001
Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model002
Squad/Parts/Electrical/RTG/model000
Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-100Battery/model000
Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngineTurbo/model000
Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngineTurbo/model001
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine48-7S/ksp_m_liquidEngine_diff
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine48-7S/ksp_m_liquidEngine_norm
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model000
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model001
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model002
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model003
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model000
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model001
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model002
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_diff
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_emissive
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_normal
Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_cm
Squad/Parts/Engine/Size2LFB/twin_nozzle_booster_nm
Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineDiffuse
Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineEmissive
Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineNormal
Squad/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterBACC/model000
Squad/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterBACC/model001
Squad/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterBACC/model002
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/adapterTanks/Mk3Adapters
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT400/model000
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800/model000
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800/model001
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2Adapters/mk2adapters1m
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageLong/mk2Fuselage
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCStankRadialLong/ksp_r_rcsCylTank_diff
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3LargeTank/fueltTanks_cm
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3MediumTank/fueltTanks_cm
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTank/model000
Squad/Parts/Science/GooExperiment/A_GooExperiment_diff
Squad/Parts/Science/MaterialBay/science_module_small
Squad/Parts/Science/MaterialBay/science_module_small_emit
Squad/Parts/Science/MaterialBay/science_module_small_nrm
Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1fuselageFuel
Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Structural
Squad/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm
Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel1x1/model000
Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel1x1/model001
Squad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderXL/model
Squad/Parts/Utility/commsAntennaDTS-M1/mediumDishAntenna
Squad/Parts/Utility/launchClamp1/model000
Squad/Parts/Utility/launchClamp1/model001
Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CargoBay/mk2CargoBay
Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CrewCabin/mk2CrewCabin
Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CrewCabin/mk2CrewCabin_LUM
Squad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk2-R/model000
Squad/Parts/Utility/rcsBlockRV-105/model000
Squad/Sounds/sound_rocket_mini
Squad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model001
Squad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model002
Squad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model005
Squad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/ksp_l_cupola_internal_diff
Squad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/ksp_l_cupola_internal_normal
Squad/Spaces/mk2CockpitStandardInternal/Mk2StandardIVA

Also, a big thanks to everyone at Squad (+Porkjet, the new Mk2 and Mk3 textures are great!) that made those textures in the first place.

Pics:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

KSC++

jlrQ7mH.pngztttXPq.gif

Extension to the Kerbal Space Centre, trains, cars, trees, the whole shebang.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/KSCPlusPlusv3.zip

CFG fixes for 1.1 courtesy of AlphaAsh: http://www.alphastrikegames.com/FileDepot/KSCPlusPlusCFGFixes.zip (I'll bundle these in at the weekend).

Requires an up to date version of Kerbal Konstructs

Install instructions:

1. Download .zip from above, make sure 'LackMisc' is at [KSP_rootfolder]/GameData/LackMisc

2. Download the latest version of Kerbal Konstructs

3. That should be it

______

FAQ:

Install instructions:

The 'SXT' folder (containing 'Parts', 'Ships' & 'Spaces') must placed in GameData.

KSP_win\GameData\SXT\

Can you make X part?

I don't take direct requests per se, but I'll likely consider it and end up making it down the line. I definitely appreciate interesting ideas and concepts.

Typically workflow: Read request-> Outright refusal to do anything, claim idea is stupid and not worth the time -> Think about it next day, actually not bad idea-> Make part/apply fix -> Sneak it into next update and never tell anyone.

Modding info

.blender files with UV maps available for individual parts on request.

Licence info

Lack, (or anybody else that can help) I really need your help. When I add this mod to my KSP (I have other mods as well), it makes KSP somewhat unstable and makes crashes more frequent. (By the way using the 64 bit version of KSP 1.1.3.1289) I have had this issue with KSP 1.0.4 and KSP 1.0.5 as well.

Can you make the Ju-87 cockpit and engine the MK-1 Size? And make the Ke-111 Cockpit the size of a MK-2 size. Or maybe someone can make this compatible with tweakscale?

2 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Can you make the Ju-87 cockpit and engine the MK-1 Size? And make the Ke-111 Cockpit the size of a MK-2 size. Or maybe someone can make this compatible with tweakscale?

I'm fairly familiar with the cockpits, but I don't recall a Ju-87. Which one is that?

And the problem with your second request is that it's not a simple rescale (a 1.25m > 2.5m), but would require an entirely new model.

In my personal experience with in the past (might have been fixed) making command/crew parts tweakscaled has lead to bad things happening (not SXT related). But it's the same issue. Tweakscale scales things uniformly.

---

@InfiniteAtom an output log would help.

1. The Logs
    These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:
    • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

While @Nightside is technically correct, this is a big mod from a "number of parts" perspective, it's footprint is rather small from a memory perspective, as most of its textures come from stock parts. (In fact if you use pruning tools to prune stock parts, you will probably break this mod).

13 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I'm fairly familiar with the cockpits, but I don't recall a Ju-87. Which one is that?

And the problem with your second request is that it's not a simple rescale (a 1.25m > 2.5m), but would require an entirely new model.

In my personal experience with in the past (might have been fixed) making command/crew parts tweakscaled has lead to bad things happening (not SXT related). But it's the same issue. Tweakscale scales things uniformly.

---

@InfiniteAtom an output log would help.

1. The Logs
    These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:
    • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

While @Nightside is technically correct, this is a big mod from a "number of parts" perspective, it's footprint is rather small from a memory perspective, as most of its textures come from stock parts. (In fact if you use pruning tools to prune stock parts, you will probably break this mod).

This is all my ksp crash logs since i installed the mod. Here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y1lyp8f6zv1l5c/AADfRQN01fqDijj3FOrUXojEa?dl=0

1 hour ago, InfiniteAtom said:

This is all my ksp crash logs since i installed the mod. Here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y1lyp8f6zv1l5c/AADfRQN01fqDijj3FOrUXojEa?dl=0

Strange, KSP seems to be loosing its connection to the D3D device right before crashing

Spoiler

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
D3Dwindow device not lost anymore

The crash following looks like the memory corruption crash many people have been seeing since 1.1 but I've never seen anything like the above when it happens before.  I doubt this has to do with SXT, in any case.  Could you try running KSP with the -force-d3d11 command line option?

31 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Strange, KSP seems to be loosing its connection to the D3D device right before crashing

Hide contents

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
D3Dwindow device not lost anymore

The crash following looks like the memory corruption crash many people have been seeing since 1.1 but I've never seen anything like the above when it happens before.  I doubt this has to do with SXT, in any case.  Could you try running KSP with the -force-d3d11 command line option?

How do i run KSP with the -force-d3d11 command line option?

4 hours ago, InfiniteAtom said:

do I enter that into the ckan command line and delete the other stuff or add it to the command line with the other stuff?

Add it to the end.  It should look something like KSP_x64.exe -single-instance -force-d3d11

10 hours ago, InfiniteAtom said:

kerbquake also throws a lot of exceptions and I'm pretty sure is way out of date. Which BDA are you using - it was  recently updated. Firespitter is very out  of date and SXT depends on it.

8 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

kerbquake also throws a lot of exceptions and I'm pretty sure is way out of date. Which BDA are you using - it was  recently updated. Firespitter is very out  of date and SXT depends on it.

Kerbquake is a really nice mod, and I must have it. Also BDA version v0.11.0.1. Also, my firespitter is out of date?!

Im using just the propeller pack and it includes a mini tail connector with fuel that for some reason loads solid black, with no texture on it whatsoever. Does anyone know how to fix this? I checked my sxt folder and the .dds files that the .cfg is looking for are there, but i am unable to open them, let alone edit them. (Wouldn't know what to do if i could)

5 hours ago, Errol said:

Im using just the propeller pack and it includes a mini tail connector with fuel that for some reason loads solid black, with no texture on it whatsoever. Does anyone know how to fix this? I checked my sxt folder and the .dds files that the .cfg is looking for are there, but i am unable to open them, let alone edit them. (Wouldn't know what to do if i could)

I have that issue too. Maybe the texture was supposed to be black. Usually when a part is missing a texture, it is white

Is it just me, or do the elevons just straight up don't work? I can't right click them to tweak them, they don't respond to controls and I can't even set an action group for them, basically making them cosmetic pieces. Is this a known bug? I installed the mod through CKAN if that means anything.

@Errol

@Murican_Jeb

Did you delete the "Old Assets" folder by chance? It's supposed to be white in game. I've seen the problem you refer to though with other parts in this mod. Haven't gotten to them yet though.

@Noname115 I''ve only used this with FAR and they work fine. Log?

MODEL
{
	model = SXT/Parts/Command/Bonny/tail
	texture = model000 , SXT/OldAssets/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitDiffuse
	texture = model001_NRM , SXT/OldAssets/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitNRM2
	scale = 1.055 , 1.055 , 1.055
}

11 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@Errol

@Murican_Jeb

Did you delete the "Old Assets" folder by chance? It's supposed to be white in game. I've seen the problem you refer to though with other parts in this mod. Haven't gotten to them yet though.

@Noname115 I''ve only used this with FAR and they work fine. Log?

MODEL
{
	model = SXT/Parts/Command/Bonny/tail
	texture = model000 , SXT/OldAssets/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitDiffuse
	texture = model001_NRM , SXT/OldAssets/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitNRM2
	scale = 1.055 , 1.055 , 1.055
}

No, I have the Old Assets Folder, I think the texture might be broken though. So what can I do now?

Edit: I think I found a typo in the cfg, Ill try fixing it.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I misread the cfg. So now I really don't know what to do. I need help.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

5 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

No, I have the Old Assets Folder, I think the texture might be broken though. So what can I do now?

Edit: I think I found a typo in the cfg, Ill try fixing it.

I think I might have found the problem.

Try replacing the tail.mu in the Bonny folder with this one found here.

Basically, my theory is that Lack updated the main download for 1.1, but never the mini packs. The textures aren't the issue - it's the model that's referencing them that is. The one from the Propeller pack was last modified over a year ago, whereas the one from the main download was modified ~6 months ago.

I use the main download, so I never checked the mini packs. Good catch.

If it hasn't become apparent, I'm working at restoring this mod (along with @linuxgurugamer).

13 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I think I might have found the problem.

Try replacing the tail.mu in the Bonny folder with this one found here.

Basically, my theory is that Lack updated the main download for 1.1, but never the mini packs. The textures aren't the issue - it's the model that's referencing them that is. The one from the Propeller pack was last modified over a year ago, whereas the one from the main download was modified ~6 months ago.

I use the main download, so I never checked the mini packs. Good catch.

If it hasn't become apparent, I'm working at restoring this mod (along with @linuxgurugamer).

So it didn't work because I downloaded the mini pack? Oh.