[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

11 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Ok the tail thing is still black....

Yeah, turns out I was partially correct. Give me a second and I'll bundle it up for you.

Try this. It's the tail parts ripped from the Main download. Should be able to drop it into the SXT pack. They use different file pathes unfortunately, so it won't overwrite the old one, which is a problem, so you'll need to delete the old one else duplicates.

License is

CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Picture of what it should look like:

http://imgur.com/a/RLVjm

43 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Yeah, turns out I was partially correct. Give me a second and I'll bundle it up for you.

Try this. It's the tail parts ripped from the Main download. Should be able to drop it into the SXT pack. They use different file pathes unfortunately, so it won't overwrite the old one, which is a problem, so you'll need to delete the old one else duplicates.

License is

CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Picture of what it should look like:

http://imgur.com/a/RLVjm

Well actually, it started working after I re-downloaded the full pack :)

5 hours ago, Toa Aerrow said:

Any chance that you'll be adding life support parts, or is that something you've already got (or outright refusing due to other reasons)?

Lack isn't around, we are just doing what needs to be done to bring it up to 1.1.3 standards

On 8/9/2016 at 6:35 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Lack isn't around, we are just doing what needs to be done to bring it up to 1.1.3 standards

I was wondering if you wanted me to work with you on getting the wheels working.

I think the wheels need a complete balance pass for 1.1.3 given that we now have better control of many wheel attributes, although not all of them behave predictably or properly at faster speeds.  Hopefully I can contact Lack for approval before releasing the final pass, if not I'll make the changes temporarily along with notes on how to give it balance closer to the orriginal.

The big one is to make the truck tires nice and durable with high torque motors, while having a rather low speed cutoff on their torque. (in Kerbal terms, anyway).  This would make them ideal for hauling huge loads, but not nearly as fast as the other rover wheels.

I'd also like to switch over the truck's engine to use the fuel-cell code, including the requirement of intake air (provided by the part).

16 hours ago, Ruedii said:

I was wondering if you wanted me to work with you on getting the wheels working.

I think the wheels need a complete balance pass for 1.1.3 given that we now have better control of many wheel attributes, although not all of them behave predictably or properly at faster speeds.  Hopefully I can contact Lack for approval before releasing the final pass, if not I'll make the changes temporarily along with notes on how to give it balance closer to the orriginal.

The big one is to make the truck tires nice and durable with high torque motors, while having a rather low speed cutoff on their torque. (in Kerbal terms, anyway).  This would make them ideal for hauling huge loads, but not nearly as fast as the other rover wheels.

I'd also like to switch over the truck's engine to use the fuel-cell code, including the requirement of intake air (provided by the part).

All contributions are welcome.  We weren't working on wheels at this time, if you want to, go ahead.  Keep in mind the 1.2 update, and expect that whatever you do for 1.1.3 will need to be, at the least, updated for 1.2 

11 hours ago, EffOffM8 said:

Someone said this pack had the apollo Lunar Module in it, Does it still have it and is it 1.1.3 compatible?

Yes. As well as a few soviet-style tanks and engines, and more propeller engines than you need. SXT is probably the best stockalike expansion around.

Honestly, if anyone wants to play with mods and doesn't have more than 4GB of RAM, the full install of SXT is just about all the parts you need. It can take the place of SpaceY, Airplanes Plus / KAX, Firespitter, and many more with a tiny memory footprint. It's a genius pack, even though I don't use all of it.

The only major drawback is that it doesn't have compatibility patches for most of the major Tech Tree mods, mostly because it has so many parts that it's intimidating to consider balancing the existing trees with all the new parts in a robust and modular way. I've done it for Unmanned Before Manned and the Planes parts, but that's all I use of it.

I am a total noob to modding but it seems like submitting a patch for compatability to CTT might be something I could do. I just need to figure out how to tell it "Part A goes in Tech Tree spot B" and then repeat 500 times. Something like this?

@PART[USILS_Greenhouse]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = recycling
}

Edited by dire

16 hours ago, dire said:

I am a total noob to modding but it seems like submitting a patch for compatability to CTT might be something I could do. I just need to figure out how to tell it "Part A goes in Tech Tree spot B" and then repeat 500 times. Something like this?

{
}

Exactly like that. I have, with some parts from other mods, ran into the issue of them still being available at whatever their own part.cfg file dictates; if you change that also to the name of the CTT tech node it'll appear correctly in the tree... but people without CTT won't get it at all. I mean, I doubt you'll have this problem, but just a heads up in case you do.

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, dire said:

{
}

If you send me your patch when completed, I'll include it in the new version I'm working on.

Ok, it might take me a week or two, so don't hold up a patch on my account. School just started; my first assignment was "Watch star trek and write an essay of not more than 7500 words...due Monday." 

Edited by dire

On 8/21/2016 at 10:42 AM, String Witch said:

Exactly like that. I have, with some parts from other mods, ran into the issue of them still being available at whatever their own part.cfg file dictates; if you change that also to the name of the CTT tech node it'll appear correctly in the tree... but people without CTT won't get it at all. I mean, I doubt you'll have this problem, but just a heads up in case you do.

I just found a thing where if I moved a part that I'd already researched in a save, the part stayed put and was also where I'd put it like you described in that save only, but when I started a new campaign the part was where it was supposed to be.

19 minutes ago, dire said:

I just found a thing where if I moved a part that I'd already researched in a save, the part stayed put and was also where I'd put it like you described in that save only, but when I started a new campaign the part was where it was supposed to be.

That seems to be a purely visual bug with previously unlocked nodes; if you move a part like that and try to find it in the VAB/SPH it should then be missing until you research the new node you moved it to.

Edited by Guest

On 12/8/2016 at 0:08 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

All contributions are welcome.  We weren't working on wheels at this time, if you want to, go ahead.  Keep in mind the 1.2 update, and expect that whatever you do for 1.1.3 will need to be, at the least, updated for 1.2 

... dunno if interesting, but for "personal use" I (almost) kept all the STX parts (aside from wheels and some -by me- unneded parts) updated to roughly fit in 1.1.3 (balanced some costs, stock tech nodes and anything I felt out of position)...
It could be a nice point to start if anyone wanna mantain this mod more "officially" (I just worked the cfg, as I'm not able to modify models)

I probably removed (in my personal use) some parts, as I'm going with other mods, but 90% of the whole pack is present as it was in the latest release.

PM me if anyone like to have a .zip (AS NOW I HAVE NO TIME to follow it as official publisher :P)

@String Witch -- haven't run into any major problems yet but I've still barely scratched the surface.

I think I'm done for the night, here is my work so far if someone wants to do a sanity check. I think everything's in order but I could easily miss something. I'll do more soon (tm).

// -- Aviation parts --
// --- Elevons
@PART[elevon0a]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = flightControl
}
@PART[elevon0b]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = start
}
@PART[elevon1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
@PART[elevon2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
// --- Wings
@PART[SXTWingSmall]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = stability
}
@PART[SXTWingSmallFolding]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = stability
}
@PART[SXTWingLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = supersonicFlight
}
@PART[SXTWingVeryLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
// --- airIntakes
@PART[LRadialAirIntake]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = highAltitudeFlight
}
@PART[SXTRadialAirIntakeShockCone]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = hypersonicFlight
}
@PART[SXTInlineAirIntake]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
}
@PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTiny]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = aviation
}
@PART[SXTInlineAirIntakeTLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = highAltitudeFlight
}
// --- Command - moved most cockpits to the survivability->command modules line, tried to retain a sane tech buildup.
@PART[625mBonny]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = start
}
@PART[SXTClyde]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = enhancedSurvivability
}
@PART[LMiniAircaftTail]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = engineering101
}