[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

4 hours ago, Mekan1k said:

The Truck wheels don't work. Still love the pack, but I used to use those quite a bit when building rovers for my base.

known issue. But Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System has yellow trucks in their vehicles pack that do work fine in v1.1.3, so you can maybe use the wheels from that pack

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all that's working on the mod now, hows the 1.2 update going? The beta that was posted on the last page works with no issue beside the textures and most likely the wheels [i don't use the truck parts].

BTW Who is working on this mod now? Lack made it and was working on it but i haven't seen him update it since the 1.1 basic update which made it work with no noticeable bugs for me and my friends beside the wheels.

Thanks 

FireStriker

xD

3 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

i know Linux doesnt like the question to pop up but how many mods does it maintain atm, Thanks for all the work Linux

xD

FireStrikerr

Probably best that he doesn't really think about it. Don't make him think about it. Just sit back, be quiet and in a few days or weeks you'll have what you want. Err, what we want. I want this too. Now - shhhhhhhhhhh.... guru at work

Edited by Drew Kerman

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

Probably best that he doesn't really think about it. Don't make him think about it. Just sit back, be quiet and in a few days or weeks you'll have what you want. Err, what we want. I want this too. Now - shhhhhhhhhhh.... guru at work

lol

Just wanted to report the STXairlock part is not loading in 1.2.

Please note, this is to report a non-loading part, NOT to complain... :) Lack's mods are some of the best I use; have used them continuously since .24!

On 10/12/2016 at 1:42 AM, xD-FireStriker said:

Hey all that's working on the mod now, hows the 1.2 update going? The beta that was posted on the last page works with no issue beside the textures and most likely the wheels [i don't use the truck parts].

BTW Who is working on this mod now? Lack made it and was working on it but i haven't seen him update it since the 1.1 basic update which made it work with no noticeable bugs for me and my friends beside the wheels.

Thanks 

FireStriker

xD

There are nearly 300 parts in this.  I'm a mother 2/3 of the way through.  Other than bug fixes, this is at the opening of my list.

I'm hoping (cross your fingers) to have an initial beta next weekend or so.

It going well, but very tedious.

On 10/20/2016 at 10:37 AM, adsii1970 said:

Please note, this is to report a non-loading part, NOT to complain... :) Lack's mods are some of the best I use; have used them continuously since .24!

Please wait until I release a 1.with beta

On 10/12/2016 at 6:11 PM, xD-FireStriker said:

i know Linux doesnt like the question to pop up but how many mods does it maintain atm, Thanks for all the work Linux

xD

FireStrikerr

Last count, about 25 or so.  The count has dropped since antenna range isn't needed, what I dropped were the AR mm cfgs

Also, when the is done, I'm moving on to the full LLL mod

I have not seen any worrying aspects from the SXT mod, but I do know of Mods that have rather large IVAs. In one case, I haven't seen the creator this year, the IVAs were most of the memory use. I managed to delete the references in the part.cfg files and then remove a lot of data. I have seen similar problems elsewhere, people using wonderful models which could be a lot simpler. Just a general example, for some things your camera-view has to get very close to the object before screen-pixels are close in size to texture pixels. Even if people are using an IVA, how often will they see the difference between a 1024-pixel texture and a 512-pixel texture? I never saw much use for an IVA.

I had to do a little digging to pin down what was annoying me with bloated IVAs, and it may have been a side-effect of the memory management on a complicated .craft file.

I do create stuff to use with other games, and my working copies of graphics files are pretty big. I have sometimes forgotten to shrink them to a sane size for use. If I wanted to do that sort of shrinking for KSP, my file or somebody else's, I think I would need to dig out the correct file import/export utility. Some Mod creators are already careful. Some, alas, aren't. You can use lower-resolution options for graphics.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just an FYI, I just finished with this part and tested, works well

HPJJ4wG.pngI am not sure if the part I am looking for was part of SXT...  but there was a "tail section" that matched up to the "Bonny" cockpit very nicely.  I cant find this part now.   I may be blind and it is lost in the part spam in my list, but I cant find it anywhere.  the question is if it came from SXT, is it still here?

EDIT:

ok did some digging, and this part is from SXT and should be in the "Aero" group, but for some reason it is not.  I looked at the .cfg for it and it was all run together with no white space, so I edited this file and made it all look nice and properly formatted.  However I still do not see it in game.

Spoiler

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SXT\Parts\Aviation\Command\Bonny\partTail.cfg

PART

{

// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config

// Fuselage Fuel Tank

// --- general parameters ---

name = LMiniAircaftTail

module = Strut

author = C. Jenkins Lack

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL

{

model = SXT/Parts/Aviation/Command/Bonny/tail

texture = model000 , SXT/Parts/Aviation/OldAssets/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitDiffuse

texture = model001_NRM , SXT/Parts/Aviation/OldAssets/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/CockpitNRM2

scale = 1.055 , 1.055 , 1.055

}

rescaleFactor = 1

scale = 1

// --- node definitions ---

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.4837175, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.3, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 600

cost = 380

category = Aero

subcategory = 0

title = Tail Connector 0.625m

manufacturer = C7 Aerospace Division

description = A small tail piece with small fuel-tanks inside.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.05

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.3

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 70

breakingForce = 2000

breakingTorque = 2000

maxTemp = 3000

fuelCrossFeed = True

bulkheadProfiles = size0

RESOURCE

{

name = LiquidFuel

amount = 15

maxAmount = 15

}

}

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Change

module = Strut

to

module = Part

Way back in the KSP alpha days, there was some reason to use the archaic "Module = Strut" instead, but I don't recall why.  It seems that KSP 1.2 has some changes that now prevent parts set up like that from loading.  I've been applying this fix to a lot of old abandoned mod parts I still like to use.

Edited by RoboRay

what ever.... it is in the part list now... that Is all I care about.   lol cant survive without my runabout made from the Bonny.

EDIT:  well it is missing again...  I think something else must be causing it to vanish.  as nothing was changed about the part itself from when it was working to now.  so I am at a loss as to why this part keeps vanishing.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

On 10/22/2016 at 9:58 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

There are nearly 300 parts in this.  I'm a mother 2/3 of the way through.  Other than bug fixes, this is at the opening of my list.

I'm hoping (cross your fingers) to have an initial beta next weekend or so.

It going well, but very tedious.

Please wait until I release a 1.with beta

Last count, about 25 or so.  The count has dropped since antenna range isn't needed, what I dropped were the AR mm cfgs

Also, when the is done, I'm moving on to the full LLL mod

Do you have the needed work cataloged on the GitHub page's issue section.  I might be able to make a few contributions if need be.  We don't need to coordinate other than me dropping a few pull requests here and there.  (I know what a pain coordinating can be, it's better to just utilize the pull request system.)

8 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Do you have the needed work cataloged on the GitHub page's issue section.  I might be able to make a few contributions if need be.  We don't need to coordinate other than me dropping a few pull requests here and there.  (I know what a pain coordinating can be, it's better to just utilize the pull request system.)

It's all done, just reviewing.  When I release, I'll upload to Github.  I expect there to be issues, and will gratefully accept pulls at that time

Thanks

well since you are actively updating this mod as well.  I have a request on this one as well.

I would like a cargo ramp tail like this MK3 version but designed to match this "Goose" cockpit and passenger part. as well as a plain "Structural part" as in no details, no windows, just a hollow tube but with the texture and the black stripe and "flag"  on it.  lol and while I am at it the "snoopy" nose as well.  could we get the texture on it so the black stripe will run the full length of the aircraft?

also do you have the specs on that "flag"?  what sort of flag would I need to make to have it fit on the side of the fuselage correctly?

KSP_x64%202016-10-27%2000-43-40-37.jpg

KSP_x64%202016-10-27%2000-43-46-01.jpg

Edited by Bit Fiddler

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 11:51 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

well since you are actively updating this mod as well.  I have a request on this one as well.

I would like a cargo ramp tail like this MK3 version but designed to match this "Goose" cockpit and passenger part. as well as a plain "Structural part" as in no details, no windows, just a hollow tube but with the texture and the black stripe and "flag"  on it.  lol and while I am at it the "snoopy" nose as well.  could we get the texture on it so the black stripe will run the full length of the aircraft?

also do you have the specs on that "flag"?  what sort of flag would I need to make to have it fit on the side of the fuselage correctly?

I'm maintaining, not creating.  If someone would like to make a part, i'd be happy to include it.

Sorry

So, I've never modded KSP before, but I really liked the yellow trucks. To try and get them back in KSP 1.2.1, I've hacked on the config files, and built something that actually works; albeit without the small yellow wheels. I simply removed the wheels from their housings, and created a 70% scale version of the stock TR-2L. Is it OK to distribute the resulting files?

Alternatively, I could use git to create a patch file, which others could manually apply, in order to not redistribute others' work.

Picture of resulting trucks; stock built-into-terrain version on left, modified physical version on right.

• 2 weeks later...

Crossing the mountain pass west of KSC

9RFJ85E.png

Completing Duna circumnavigation.

9OJGNRP.png

Hauling parts for Gilly base

ecNtZ8U.png

Completing Gilly circumnavigation.

N7C0DQf.png

The wheels definitely work, and work great. Big kudos to the authors.

Edited by Sharpy