[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Transparent windows? I'm going crazy with a part module from RPM called

JSITransparentPod I tried it on the bonny cabin, it almost worked except for some tolerable

glitches. Unfortunately, it seems the model has to be set up with specific tags on the windows in order to make it work,

or simply remove the windows from the model...

Transparent windows? I'm going crazy with a part module from RPM called

JSITransparentPod I tried it on the bonny cabin, it almost worked except for some tolerable

glitches. Unfortunately, it seems the model has to be set up with specific tags on the windows in order to make it work,

or simply remove the windows from the model...

I forget which mod I first saw this in but there is one that has 3 pods that are transparent if you have rpm. Panopticon I think its called. I dont use the big pod though as it kills my frame rate as it renders the 3 kerbals and their holo displays at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing some severe torque when using the prop engines. Is this intentional? If so, is there some way to edit the config files to turn it off? (There's no way to make counter-rotating propellers that doesn't look bad.)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Lack, figured you'd get a kick out of this (note all the stats, 100% correct for the V35):

sUlMkAcl.jpg

Finally got all the parts scaled/statted right for RO, though it took a patch to FAR. :)

Speaking of patches--can you, pretty please, not do things on :FINAL ? Maybe use AFTER[sXT] instead? Or in the Tweakscale case if you want to run after Tweakscale do AFTER[TweakScale] ? If your patches are final, it means RO can't un-patch them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does this work in 1.0?

Looks like the simple parts do.

Some don't though.

EG: The NERVA engine is problematic attaching anything under it in the stack... The attachment node will attach to the BOTTOM of whatever is placed underneath it so it overlaps the engine. Then THAT part attaches to stuff at the TOP. Very odd behavior...

Lack is probably converting all the textures to .DDSs currently, but I can't wait for an IVA for the Marble-8 so I can make a massive passenger plane.

Why would Lack have to convert textures to DDS? I thought this reference the stock textures. :P

Looks like the simple parts do.

Some don't though.

EG: The NERVA engine is problematic attaching anything under it in the stack... The attachment node will attach to the BOTTOM of whatever is placed underneath it so it overlaps the engine. Then THAT part attaches to stuff at the TOP. Very odd behavior...

There's a debug option that disables the way the game references whether it's a top or bottom node, which should probably just be left off when dealing with mods from older versions.

Does this work in 1.0?

For the most part,yes.I seem to have a bug where most of the cockpits are solid black without texture though.Some other texture glitches are there too,some parts are missing description,etc.

For the most part,yes.I seem to have a bug where most of the cockpits are solid black without texture though.Some other texture glitches are there too,some parts are missing description,etc.

yeah its weird how some models textures are unaffected..

yeah its weird how some models textures are unaffected..

Squad changed the directory names for a number of parts which messed up the references in the Part Configs. I fixed a couple of them that I use frequently... but the change of 2x3ShroudSolarPanels to 3x2ShroudSolarPanels is kind of ridiculous, others moved into different subdirectories and whatnot. I haven't tackled the nodes issue yet.

I had infernal robotics parts turn black when I added active texture management. There was a work around posted here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116064-1-0-2-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Infernal-Robotics-0-21-2?p=1899016&viewfull=1#post1899016

Maybe that could help here?

every part in this is still usable, but needs updating, the 3 major things, just needs somebody with the time, can even fully update this with an MM patch

1) stock textures changed paths for most used textures

2) bottom nodes need fixing

3) new heat/aero stuff needs adding

SETI-CTT currently supports the 2 SXT Mini-Packs "Mk3 Cargo Ramp" and "Mini-Goo" with added/fixed attachment nodes, if anyone wants to copy those compatibility configs, feel free to do so.

There's a debug option that disables the way the game references whether it's a top or bottom node, which should probably just be left off when dealing with mods from older versions.

i'm here too