[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Hi Lack, Wizerd and co! Wanted to bump the release thread, because it deserves it!

I recently stumbled upon the SXT pack, and oh god. Bye bye KW... Even more, the SPK parts led me to learn a ton about this little known spacecraft, its legacy from the Almaz program to the ISS Zarya, through MIR of course.

Speaking of MIR:

Contains a bunch of mods, but impossible without SXT.

Thanks for the hard work guys!

edit: if you take suggestions, large flat adapters would be lovely (I had to download this).

Thanks, that's a great looking station, got any more screenshots?. Yeah, I realised how little I knew about the Russian space program, and that'd there'd been a whole line of space-stations that had passed me by. So, I've been having some good fun with making parts from it.

The adaptors shouldn't be too much hassle, I'll play around with it.

@admiral,

Yes it moves. It's done via an animation, so it has a few minutes (real-time, time-warp doesn't really effect it) of idling before it sets off.

The adaptors shouldn't be too much hassle, I'll play around with it.

Shiny! You rock.

Moar pics you say? Here you go:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

230 parts, 6 iterations and counting.

Gotta post this one directly xD

A5FuG8h.png

Also as you can see I had improvise single tube tanks with radiators like yours, dunno just another idea... ^^

Edited by Initar

Is there a way I can get only the Runway lights?

Edit: Without kerbtown.

You can delete the other things easily. Download it, keep the following

LackMisc/Parts/Buildings/landingLights.cfg

LackMisc/Parts/Buildings/landingLights.mu

LackMisc/Parts/Buildings/indust.tga

LackMisc/Parts/Buildings/industEMS.tga

Delete the rest.

It does require the kerb-town .dll. That's kerbtown, not 'Kerbin City Community Project', I've seen a few people make that mistake, the kerbtown download is literally just the .dll and 4 tiny textures for the buttons.

@Initar,

Very nice!

Edited by Lack

How's it coming along making a cost-balanced upgrade for SXT. BTW, if you put it up on GitHub, I'll gladly help fill in the descriptions (so long as you don't mind that I have a sense of humor a bit like the KSP Devs.) I presume you want to cost-balance things yourself.

Hey, just a thought regarding using just the landing lights (excellent idea, btw, Woodstar, I'm in the process of implementing that now! :D ), have you given any thought to making a set of landing lights for runway 27? You know, extending out into the water a bit, maybe? Just an idea. I don't land to the west a whole lot, but when I do it would be nice to have some lights at night. :) Another idea: Would it be possible to implement the sequential strobe effect I've seen on IRL runway lights? You know, a very fast progression of bright strobes moving from the lights most distant from the end of the runway towards it? Just an idea, I have no idea how possible or practical it would even be. Just spitballin'. :sticktongue:

Later everyone! :D

I like the runway approach lights but I too sometimes overshoot and land at the opposite side. One worry that I have and it has happened a few times with my landing of the Kerbal Shuttle Orbital System by Helldiver, and crew. Where I land short and roll up onto the runaway. Worry of hitting those landing lights on a too short of approach and blowing up my shuttle worries me . As they can turn as walk away able landing into a possible deadly crash.

On a side note while on the subject of the lights for landing. Has anyone thought about adding warning lights to that hill just outside KSP grounds the if you are low to the ground you'll run into before landing on the runway?

I like the runway approach lights but I too sometimes overshoot and land at the opposite side. One worry that I have and it has happened a few times with my landing of the Kerbal Shuttle Orbital System by Helldiver, and crew. Where I land short and roll up onto the runaway. Worry of hitting those landing lights on a too short of approach and blowing up my shuttle worries me . As they can turn as walk away able landing into a possible deadly crash.

On a side note while on the subject of the lights for landing. Has anyone thought about adding warning lights to that hill just outside KSP grounds the if you are low to the ground you'll run into before landing on the runway?

hmm intresting. but in the KSC++ you can't collide with the runway lights o.O unless your talking about the ones at the very corners of the runway but those are default lights.

Yea it was the Yellow end lights and I tested that just now, Drove right though em and the fences. Did not try the trees if they crash you are not but I really enjoy what I see. It is a pity that your unable to make working train system without editing in the tracks beforehand, the tunnels do make interesting and believable ends for the roads and track Except the road and tracks stop before entering Maybe a little detail work on them when you have the time to tidy it up some.

On A Side note, Lack Are you ok it I was to use your content within my steam also ? I am going to try and stream daily at Twitch under this same name. It might not always been kerbal space. But i really like the Additions to KSP ++ Its just too bad your unable to make it so the Hangers can be right clicked and they open So you can store spaceplane, or even normal planes inside them or even a wheel truck/car/rover.

Price balancing wise, I've done sweet fanny adams. Haven't even tried a career save in .24.

@Neutrinovore,

Strobe for the landing lights would be possible, but my reference material at the time didn't show any strobing and it I'd prefer to avoid things that might be uncomfortable to players with sensitive eyes or other conditions. Actually, I should probably go back and fix the spacing on the approach lights to more realistic values.

@Damascus,

The road/rail ending before the tunnel is to do with terrain settings (they do actually go all the way in), same with any parts clipping into the terrain generally. But KSC++'s just a bit of fun, so it doesn't concern me unduly.

Yeah, using it in a stream is fine.

Just looking for verification LLL works in 0.24.2. Thanks.

Should be fine, it's just parts after all. I haven't noticed anything in sandbox, but I haven't updated with balanced costs yet.

Actually, I should probably go back and fix the spacing on the approach lights to more realistic values.

If you're going to adjust the approach lights at all I would recommend making the illuminated parts bigger and more visible from farther away. I like how they're spaced right now, they just need to be easier to see at night.

If you're going to adjust the approach lights at all I would recommend making the illuminated parts bigger and more visible from farther away. I like how they're spaced right now, they just need to be easier to see at night.

Agreed, they are hard to see at night right now. Maybe much bigger lights and longer view range?

I've got a wierd texture bug. Not a big deal, but more of an annoyance.

I've wiped, reinstalled, and done every tweak I can think of and I can't get textures on certain parts; they always have that drab gray appearance like so:

5540253f4c.jpg

Anyone else having this problem and is there a possible cause or solution to fixing it?

• 2 weeks later...
I removed afew of the SQUAD tanks because of redundancy, and i'm not using any reduction packs. Its a little wierd because I had everything working before I did a clean install due to instability.

And therein lies your problem, SXT uses Squad's textures rather than having its own (saves RAM, etc). If you open the .cfg of one of the affected parts you'll see MODEL{} at the top, with 'texture = name, Squad/Part/somerandompart/name' inside. If that texture isn't there or has been moved then it'll revert back to the 1x1 placeholder texture in the SXT folder, normally grey or black.