[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

I've fixed some issues with the MK2 Cargo part. Here is my config, feel free to use it.

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
// Fuselage Fuel Tank

// --- general parameters ---
name = SXTCargoBay2
module = Part
author = C. Jenkins Lack

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = SXT/Parts/Hull/CargoBay1/model
texture = mk2CargoBay , Squad/Parts/Utility/mk2CargoBay
scale = 1 , 0.75 , 1
}

rescaleFactor = 1
scale = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0 , 1
node_stack_top1 = 0.0, 0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0 , 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0 , 1
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0 , 1

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advConstruction
entryCost = 14000
cost = 520
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Mk1B Cargo Bay LRG-02
manufacturer = C7 Aerospace Division
description = Ever wanted to deploy slightly larger items into space such as SRBs and landers? This is just the part for you!

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.45
dragModelType = override
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 100
breakingForce = 100
breakingTorque = 100
maxTemp = 2500
fuelCrossFeed = True

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = cargoanim
startEventGUIName = Close
endEventGUIName = Open
actionGUIName = Toggle Bay Doors
}
}

Changes:

• Altered the name to prevent issues with existing vessels
  • Fixed the attachment nodes
  • Changed stats (price, mass, strength) to be between MK1 and MK3

I didn't implemet the drag cube stuff because I don't know what those values mean and I'm short on time atm ;)

Works without problems with FAR.

@DocMop,

Thanks, updated the github version with the fix. I'm not totally certain about generating the dragboxes myself.

@StevieC,

Thanks, pushed to the github version.

@VenomousRequiem,

The mainsail sits pretty exactly where I'd place it. Besides, not an easy model by any means, since I'm not a superfan of tankbutts, but hate modelling piping.

@davidy12,

Try this, SaturnV craft I've been working on.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/SaturnV.craft

@ zakkpaz,

I didn't make the patch, but I'll have a look at it.

Edit: From the looks of it; for the Marble-8, try adding the below to GameData/zFinal/RevampSXTMMfix.cfg

@texture,0 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,1 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,2 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,3 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,4 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,5 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,6 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:
@texture,7 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle:

@texture,0 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,1 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,2 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,3 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,4 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,5 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,6 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:
@texture,7 ^= :,\s*Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM$:, 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM:

And copy the original Mk3CockpitShuttle.dds and Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM.dds into 0RevampBak/Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/

Then the same sort of thing for the textures needed for Project Pluto:

texture = Mk3Fuselage , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage

texture = Size3AdvancedEngineDiffuse , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineDiffuse

texture = Size3AdvancedEngineNormal_NRM , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineNormal

texture = Size3AdvancedEngineEmissive , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineEmissive

the LV-N bit is already covered I think.

Edited by Lack

I'm not totally certain about generating the dragboxes myself.

Since the cargo bay in question is just a 2.5m cylinder, its X- and Z-faces are already OK. The Y-faces can be replaced by those of any solid 2.5m part (e.g. a Rockomax fuel tank).

Basically, you go into PartDatabase.cfg to grab the automatically-calculated drag cube for your part. It should look like this, since it's an animated part:

DRAG_CUBE
{
cube = A, stuff
cube = B, stuff
}

The "stuff" is eight triplets. You can read all about them here, but the short version is that you should replace the third and fourth triplets in the cargo bay's drag cubes with the third and fourth triplets of a Rockomax fuel tank and then paste the modified drag cube into the part config. That's basically what I did for the ramp, but I had to do some hand-waving and math because that part is not a perfect cylinder.

Is there a fix for project pluto and MRBL-8 for Stock Part Revamp users the patch isn't working and I can't figure out how to fix it myself?

ok after testing MRBL-8 can be fixed just by changing

texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle , Squad/Parts/Mk3/Mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle

texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM , Squad/Parts/Mk3/Mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM

to

texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle , Squad/Parts/Command/Mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle

texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM , Squad/Parts/Command/Mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM

and project pluto can be fixed by removing the .bak from the dds files in

Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-NM

Since the cargo bay in question is just a 2.5m cylinder, its X- and Z-faces are already OK. The Y-faces can be replaced by those of any solid 2.5m part (e.g. a Rockomax fuel tank).

Basically, you go into PartDatabase.cfg to grab the automatically-calculated drag cube for your part. It should look like this, since it's an animated part:

DRAG_CUBE
{
cube = A, stuff
cube = B, stuff
}

The "stuff" is eight triplets. You can read all about them here, but the short version is that you should replace the third and fourth triplets in the cargo bay's drag cubes with the third and fourth triplets of a Rockomax fuel tank and then paste the modified drag cube into the part config. That's basically what I did for the ramp, but I had to do some hand-waving and math because that part is not a perfect cylinder.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it (when I'm a bit less tired, anyway. Or ill, suspect I might be getting a cold, which would be very inconvenient. What with work and all, I really don't have time to be ill right now. I'm not sure it'd take being asked to reschedule very well though).

- - - Updated - - -

ok after testing MRBL-8 can be fixed just by changing

to

and project pluto can be fixed by removing the .bak from the dds files in

Not using the 'subpack' version of the Marble-8 are you? That should be listed as not compatible with [1.0]+ Haven't updated them all yet.

Glad to here you got the Project Pluto working though.

Edit:

Pics:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Clyde IVA WIP

VqagMax.png

Edited by Lack

Is it a known issue that the mk3 tail ramp breaks something in FAR? It results in NaN for some values when using the aerodynamic analysis in the SPH. I really am looking forward to that part as I don't think anyone else had made one. Let me know if you need more info.

Hey Lack, I've been working up AJE configs for a bunch of the prop engines in here, and I was wondering if you could put together an extra prop engine: something akin to the Jumo 213s that powered the Fw 190 Ds and Ta 152s with the radial radiator at the front. It's just a really cool design; any chance you'd be interested in making one?

Bouncing off ferram (who has been doing great work configuring the engines for AJE, and has been building some *awesome* replicas) whom I want to second, also, a question: the part that's labelled as DB-601 in-game and as a Jumo 211F in the configs, what is it based on visually?

Hey Lack, I've been working up AJE configs for a bunch of the prop engines in here, and I was wondering if you could put together an extra prop engine: something akin to the Jumo 213s that powered the Fw 190 Ds and Ta 152s with the radial radiator at the front. It's just a really cool design; any chance you'd be interested in making one?

Yeah, that's no problem at all. Do you have a preferred form? I've saw a few different set ups for intake and exhaust after taking a quick look at some reference photos.

@Svm420,

Yeah, that part has a bunch of issues. I'm planning on quietly taking it out back and sending it to live on a farm once 1.1 and Porkjet's shiny new ramp come out.

@123nick,

I haven't included it in the main pack (still umming and arring about that one, it is Project Pluto after all), so it's available under the mini-packs section of the OP.

@NathanKell,

I can say it's definitely (very loosely) based off one of the engines that was mounted on the He111. I suspect this was probably an H series not a P series, but would have to see if I still kept the reference images.

I renamed it as a DB-601 more to make it more distinct from it's 0.625m cousin and since I had a bit more data on the prop when I was redoing the thrust values.

Probably would be best working off of something like this. Annular radiator at the front (reference; choose either the left or middle diagrams, probably the middle would look cooler if you can justify the work to make it distinct) and cowl flaps all around it like on a radial engine. Bulbous spinner on front, propeller with 3 blades and slightly more than 3x times the widest diameter of the engine casing. 6 exhausts from the inline engine down each side of the block, slightly below the centerline. Massive air-gulping engine intake on the right side, near the back of the engine, slightly above the exhaust pipes, merging into the fuselage somewhat behind them.

As for performance, the current AJE dev build does have configs for the Jumo 213A (low altitude) and the 213E (high altitude) if you want to try and pull some good performance data out of those. It should be somewhere in-between the current 211D and R-2800 for takeoff thrust, but with power and thrust steadily decreasing / staying relatively level as altitude increases until hitting the critical altitudes and switching supercharger gears, unlike most engines steadily increasing power until critical altitude. Thrust at speed should be above-average due to impressive exhaust thrust + radiator Meredith effect characteristics to counter the propeller becoming less effective.

Also, thanks! :)

Also, minor nitpick that now I can't unsee after having seen it: the hub of the R-2800 does not spin, and it's kind of noticeable with the blade pitch connections exposed there.

@ferram,

Thanks for all the info! I'll let you know once I've got something.

Yeah, I keep meaning to fix the hub; it's been one of those things that you notice in game, but completely forgot about once you get into Unity.

@MatttheCzar,

I think so. It's a tad high compared to the stock compartments, but there's more than enough space in there to justify it. Have you got any pictures of said helis? Always like seeing people's craft.

Have you thought about making IVA's for the habitats?

I haven't thought about that for ages actually. I really wanted to do an IVA for the 5m hab to show how I'd lay it out, but it was starting to get quite complex so I scrapped it.

I haven't thought about that for ages actually. I really wanted to do an IVA for the 5m hab to show how I'd lay it out, but it was starting to get quite complex so I scrapped it.

That's a shame, I'd really love to see the IVAs for the habitats.