[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Thanks Svm & Lack.

Yep, as Svm says, you need to make sure the /Firespitter/Sounds/ folder is installed (included in the SXT download).

Have confirmed that Firespitter folder is not installed correctly when using CKAN. That is going to cause debugging issues at some point due to bad installs. CKAN is pulling the right data from Kerbalstuff. Where version 22.2 is stored. What it is not doing is assigning Firespitter as a required download.

This is how it is supposed to work in a way. Module Manager for example does not appear in there because it is used by so many mods. It is better to keep one master copy elsewhere on CKAN and have it downloaded as a requirement. Firespitter appears to work the same way. Trouble is pulling Firespitter out of the SXT download also takes away the sounds folder. The code .dll and resource configs are available elsewhere but that does not replace the sounds folder. The .wav files look like they are bundled with the Firespitter folder in version 22.2. Perhaps they need to be in the SXT folder?

Sorry that is the best explanation of what I am seeing in my game. The solution appears to be a manual download and copying of the sounds folder into the CKAN version of the Firespitter core folder. This will ensure it works and plays well with other mods.

Edited by nobodyhasthis
Fixing the late night mistakes

You know what would be awesome. The MK2 Centrifuge with just the hub and attachment nodes. To be able to make custom centrifuges without the hassle of Infernal Robotics (awesome mod for robotic arms, not so much for centrifuges)

You know what would be awesome. The MK2 Centrifuge with just the hub and attachment nodes. To be able to make custom centrifuges without the hassle of Infernal Robotics (awesome mod for robotic arms, not so much for centrifuges)

You need IR (or some other plugin) for that. Moving a node in flight doesn't move the part that is attached to it.

You need IR (or some other plugin) for that. Moving a node in flight doesn't move the part that is attached to it.

I am absolutely certain that my IR centrifuge troubles are all user error :confused: That is why a simplified part would be great for dummies like me.

I am absolutely certain that my IR centrifuge troubles are all user error :confused: That is why a simplified part would be great for dummies like me.

Sure, but my point is that you need actual code to do that, which is out of the scope of SXT.

Yep, similar role. But with much better passenger transport (i.e.it can actually carry passengers).

Also, since I haven't released any updates recently. Here's something a bit silly.

EAS-316 'Meadowlark'

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/EASLark.zip

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Comes with all the usual bugs and problems of the EAS-1 command seat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other things of interest:

J213 that Ferram requested (turned out to be far more tricky than I envisioned).

5m Hab interior WIP

6OK8PKG.png

Edited by Lack

Ooooh! Very nice work on the Jumo. Looks great there, and the plane looks about as close to a Fw 190 D as I'd expect without procedural parts. :) Once it's released I'll definitely make sure the AJE configs are set up right for it.

So Lack, I grabbed the Jumo 213 from the repo to try messing with it, and those pictures don't do it justice. The detail is perfect. :)

Only other prop engine suggestions at this time: the blurred disks cast shadows, which seems kinda weird compared to how they should be. I dunno if it's possible to get a partially-cast shadow out of them instead, but none would probably be better, like on the Firespitter and KAX props. Also, don't forget, R-2800 hub needs to rotate. :)

So Lack, I grabbed the Jumo 213 from the repo to try messing with it, and those pictures don't do it justice. The detail is perfect. :)

Only other prop engine suggestions at this time: the blurred disks cast shadows, which seems kinda weird compared to how they should be. I dunno if it's possible to get a partially-cast shadow out of them instead, but none would probably be better, like on the Firespitter and KAX props. Also, don't forget, R-2800 hub needs to rotate. :)

Thanks! Had to look at plenty of reference material, was half tempted to try modelling the engine itself and then having the casing round that, but that might have been a little too involved. I'll have a look in Unity, there's probably some checkbox for casting shadows. For the R-2800 hub, I changed the actual model a bit to merge the blade-mountings with the blades, and have a bump underneath as part of the shaft (I figure it's probably a bit closer to how it might look in motion). That version's on the github, but I don't think the other releases have it.

Should probably do a Squad and release a version with the stuff that's ready now and then continue working on the IVAs and the likes.

Also, I made a folding wing for probes (also on github, handled via the generic animation model). It works nicely when unfolded with FAR, but I'm pretty sure it flies the same when I fold them up in-flight. Is there anything I can add to the config to maybe disable its properties when folded up?

@Nathan,

Thanks.

@davidy12,

Some of the ERV proposals you could probably make pretty easily with stock parts. I'd quite like to make a 5m rover/science bay though. I like the parts since, to me anyway, it gives a pretty good end-game goal, since a 5m hab is not the easiest thing to launch and then drag half-way across the sol-system. Though I've never seen anyone actually using it.

For the flag. Yep, though I might forget. If I do remind me if I show the iva in-game.

@Andrew_C,

Thanks.

Thanks! Had to look at plenty of reference material, was half tempted to try modelling the engine itself and then having the casing round that, but that might have been a little too involved. I'll have a look in Unity, there's probably some checkbox for casting shadows. For the R-2800 hub, I changed the actual model a bit to merge the blade-mountings with the blades, and have a bump underneath as part of the shaft (I figure it's probably a bit closer to how it might look in motion). That version's on the github, but I don't think the other releases have it.

http://imgur.com/a/pKzMv

Should probably do a Squad and release a version with the stuff that's ready now and then continue working on the IVAs and the likes.

Also, I made a folding wing for probes (also on github, handled via the generic animation model). It works nicely when unfolded with FAR, but I'm pretty sure it flies the same when I fold them up in-flight. Is there anything I can add to the config to maybe disable its properties when folded up?

@Nathan,

Thanks.

@davidy12,

Some of the ERV proposals you could probably make pretty easily with stock parts. I'd quite like to make a 5m rover/science bay though. I like the parts since, to me anyway, it gives a pretty good end-game goal, since a 5m hab is not the easiest thing to launch and then drag half-way across the sol-system. Though I've never seen anyone actually using it.

For the flag. Yep, though I might forget. If I do remind me if I show the iva in-game.

@Andrew_C,

Thanks.

Erm... I wasn't trying to get you to make an E/KRV, when I said "need to make an ERV" I meant in my game.

I built one with stock, Near future, procedural fairings, and Cryogenic engine parts. If anyone thinks it's too hard it's not, just get ~ 4800-5000m/s of Delta V and your in business. Though refueling it, Hyperedit FTW!

In theory (Kerbal Engineer) it should be able to get to orbit then head home, though get home and actually land, haven't tested it.

A rover/science bay. would be nice, but one thing at a time.

If you can somehow cram a rover into the Hab, that would be mind blowing. I'm already blown away by the detail of the hab's IVA.

I'm considering using the hab in a story and have already come up with a deployment and launch method.

Edited by davidy12

Lack, so, if you're using one of the generic animation modules and the wing completely folds up inside something I think FAR should automatically take care of it. The aerodynamics will switch suddenly rather than smoothly, but for now that's probably okay, anything else would require code changes. Hit F12 and turn on the aero overlay and see if the lift forces from the wings disappear when you fold them in.

I was just going through the files, seeing what I could prune, and I noticed there's several engines for the Jool/Saturn-V that aren't showing up in my game. Has something gone wrong on my install? This is on my sandbox mode campaign btw.

@davidy12,

Ooh, you'll have to post some screenshots of the KRV.

@Artfact.

Thanks!

@ferram4,

Had a look with the overlay, does seem to be operating the same either way. Ah well, no worries; I imagine during a probe-launch people would probably have it inside a fairing, so it wouldn't matter too much.

@Beale,

Thanks. Though, you've got me binge watching M*A*S*H now :)

@baldamundo,

There's a number of depreciated parts, a few old/bugged engines from the SaturnV replica included. Some can be seen in the partdisabler.cfg in the SXT folder. Though there's a few sprinkled amongst the files which just have category=0 and no tech-tree lines.

Got the IVA in-game now.

I really love KSC++, but lots of sections of the road and rail clip into the ground and create z fighting. Any chance of a fix?

Edit: Is compatibility with the KerbinSide KSC Upgrades a possibility?

yes I posted it in the other thread but I think this one might be the better option :P

i think i mightve asked or posted about this before,but whatever. anyways, im having a problem where the mlr-50 loading ramp causes arithmetic exceptions and a array index thingy whenever FAR has its voxel thingy update, or whatever. when i dont have that part on a vessel, in the editor, everything works fine: the CoL moves when i change the dimension of the wings, im pretty sure the AOA stability calculations work, etc. with the part, nothing works: col stays in one place, even when it shouldnt, and i dont think the stability calculations work, either. any help?

i think i mightve asked or posted about this before,but whatever. anyways, im having a problem where the mlr-50 loading ramp causes arithmetic exceptions and a array index thingy whenever FAR has its voxel thingy update, or whatever. when i dont have that part on a vessel, in the editor, everything works fine: the CoL moves when i change the dimension of the wings, im pretty sure the AOA stability calculations work, etc. with the part, nothing works: col stays in one place, even when it shouldnt, and i dont think the stability calculations work, either. any help?

I'm not sure this is something I can fix on my end, I looked at the model in Unity and didn't see anything that looks terribly wrong. So I don't know why FAR doesn't like it.

@MrMeeb,

It's dependent on the terrain quality settings in KSP, you can't easily get one that fits every setting. The Kerbinside guys are handling that I believe.

@david,

Not yet, still things like props to add. Though I can probably add the basic model. Keep an eye on it.