Lack

41 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I installed folder "SXT-24" into "GameData"

I took the SXT-24 folder from my downloads, and dragged into gamedata

Thats just the .zip file.

You need to:

Extract the zip file

Open the contents in the extracted folder

Then drag the contents into their respective folders.

In the SXT-24 folder there is a Gamedata folder, if you double click that then your should be able to drag the Firespitter and SXT folder into the games "Gamedata" directory.

Edited by martinezfg11

19 minutes ago, martinezfg11 said:

Thats just the .zip file.

You need to:

Extract the zip file

Open the contents in the extracted folder

Then drag the contents into their respective folders.

In the SXT-24 folder there is a Gamedata folder, if you double click that then your should be able to drag the Firespitter and SXT folder into the games "Gamedata" directory.

Can someone gimme screen shots

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Can someone gimme screen shots

I don't think that's necessary.  If Safari unzips automatically, then it should create a SXT-24 folder in your Downloads folder (unless you have pointed the download to somewhere else).  Inside that should be a GameData folder.  Inside that should be several other folders.  Those need to be moved to your KSP install's GameData folder.

2 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

No, I mean how to install SXT specifically

Nope. Not working. Removed all folders from SXT-24. Not working.

You could try CKAN... Just open CKAN, then check the "SXT" checkbox... Done!... No need to figure out any pesky folder/file locations

Edited by Stone Blue

12 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I installed folder "SXT-24" into "GameData"

I took the SXT-24 folder from my downloads, and dragged into gamedata

SXT requires a specific file-structure for it to work. If you have a look at the .cfg of one of the parts you'll see something like this.

MODEL
{
    model = SXT/Parts/Command/Mk3Cockpit/Goose
    texture = Mk3Fuselage , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
    texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle , Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle
    texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM , Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM
    scale = 1 , 1 , 1
}

So for the above to work needs to be installed so it would be: [KSP root folder]/GameData/SXT/Parts/Command/Mk3Cockpit/Goose

Copying the SXT-24 folder in would read more like [KSP root folder]/GameData/SXT-24/GameData/SXT/Parts/Command/Mk3Cockpit/Goose

So the game wont find the model and wont load the part. SXT-24 is just the name of the zip folder, inside you will find a GameData folder, and inside that folder, the files which are to be installed to the /GameData/ folder of KSP.

That should work, do let me know.

Edited by Lack

2 hours ago, Hellbrand said:

hey just curious  but  was there ever a cockpit in SXT called the " M95 Goose"

There is in the dev branch, found here: https://github.com/Signatum/SXT/archive/master.zip  I update that pretty much whenever I spent any time modding, though I've been busy with work for the last month or so (well, a week of that was lounging around in Portugal  definitely paying attention at a conference), hence not much activity here.

I'm not sure if it's currently in the released version (SXT-24), I'd been holding off an update till 1.1 since I've re-jigged the file structure so the 24 build is a fair ways behind the most current version.

Just now, Hellbrand said:

woo! thanks!

There should also quite a few fixs, e.g. you raised about the hollow 3.75 to mk.3 adapter not being tweakscale-able and for the issue about the grid-fins @evileye.x raised.

9 hours ago, Lack said:

SXT requires a specific file-structure for it to work. If you have a look at the .cfg of one of the parts you'll see something like this.

MODEL
{
    model = SXT/Parts/Command/Mk3Cockpit/Goose
    texture = Mk3Fuselage , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
    texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle , Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle
    texture = Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM , Squad/Parts/Command/mk3CockpitShuttle/Mk3CockpitShuttle_LUM
    scale = 1 , 1 , 1
}

So for the above to work needs to be installed so it would be: [KSP root folder]/GameData/SXT/Parts/Command/Mk3Cockpit/Goose

Copying the SXT-24 folder in would read more like [KSP root folder]/GameData/SXT-24/GameData/SXT/Parts/Command/Mk3Cockpit/Goose

So the game wont find the model and wont load the part. SXT-24 is just the name of the zip folder, inside you will find a GameData folder, and inside that folder, the files which are to be installed to the /GameData/ folder of KSP.

That should work, do let me know.

What? Screen shots of where this should go please

49 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

What? Screen shots of where this should go please

Install like any other mod. Just open the zip, if the first folder you see is labeled "GameData" open it, and then put it's contents into your KSP/GameData Folder in your KSP install.

21 hours ago, Lack said:

the issue about the grid-fins @evileye.x raised.

Hey @Lack, thanks for bug fixing your cool parts.

For some reason, TT06-A stability enancer (very nice part, btw) has leight at least 24,1m - that makes impossible to use it with small sounding rockets in the begining of career without upgraded launchpad...

18 hours ago, evileye.x said:

Hey @Lack, thanks for bug fixing your cool parts.

For some reason, TT06-A stability enancer (very nice part, btw) has leight at least 24,1m - that makes impossible to use it with small sounding rockets in the begining of career without upgraded launchpad...

I've tweaked the model a little, so it should work a little bit better now (had to reduce the length of the concrete-base a bit). I've updated the github dev branch with it.

Edit:

If anyone else has suggestions for better career-mode integration, please do say. It's not a mode I've spent much time with.

Edited by Lack

Hey, Lack! I noticed you've updated the MEM on your latest releases, and being a huge fan of those parts, I decided to give it another go.
For the most part, it's working great! The only minor issue I encountered was mentioned on your post. I got the same issue as stated there, where the pod engine will automatically activate upon bringing the vessel to the launchpad. Are you still not able to replicate that?

Here's the log. :)

Edited by Kowgan