[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Just checked out SXT, I'm a sucker for anything that looks stock. I did notice that many parts don't have descriptions, just a directory structure listing of the actual part, is that normal?

It's a work in progress as Lack's free time ebbs and flows.

It's a work in progress as Lack's free time ebbs and flows.

Yep, my work-load tends to vary a lot, sometimes I'm working 40 hr weeks, others 80 plus hrs. Those times where you have to sit and moddy-coddle a procedure for 12 hrs a day are fun (then there's spreadsheets and paper work to do after that, and an hour either way commute). Throw a (attempted) social life and other hobbies over that and you get a pretty patchy amount of modding time.

What I do welcome is help though, so if anyone has patches, fixes or even just filling in things like manufactor names or part descriptions, please do throw them my way and I'll incorportate them (although the reward would probably only be something like your name credited in the .cfg or something).

Also, I've been a bit cheeky and have been updating SXT without writing a changelog or updating the version number, so if you haven't downloaded it recently, there's likely some changes (mainly things like updating textures and models to match the 0.25 stuff and things like FAR compatibility for the wings).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Hey Lack-

I use the Stock Parts Revamp (BECAUSE IT LOOKS AWESOME) and It has screwed up ALOT of your pack's textures. Any fix available?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92764-Stock-Part-Revamp-%28Redone-Plane-Parts!-Engines!-and-more!%29-25!

Also wondering, a "Fix" per say is not really what is needed but possibly a work around in where the game wont crash and can actually use these better models and textures to its advantage. However I'm assuming that would require remapping the texture resources for each part of the pack, which is a LOT of work. But if you can do it lack, PLEASE :D

Hey Lack-

I use the Stock Parts Revamp (BECAUSE IT LOOKS AWESOME) and It has screwed up ALOT of your pack's textures. Any fix available?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92764-Stock-Part-Revamp-%28Redone-Plane-Parts!-Engines!-and-more!%29-25!

Going to have to be a DIY job really, it's not a mod I use. But it changes the stock textures, right? Here's a read out of the textures SXT uses (there's repeats in there).

Squad: http://pastebin.com/8drUCznE

Nasamission: http://pastebin.com/Xi5mALfF

Copy the relevant textures to a new folder and call it something like 'Squad2', then use search and replace for the SXT folder (with Notepad++ or something) for 'Squad/' to 'Squad2/'. 'NASAmission', also.

@Sippyfrog,

It would involve re-making and re-mapping every single part, many of which I don't a functioning Unity set up for. It's not feasible.

Edited by Lack

Yep, my work-load tends to vary a lot, sometimes I'm working 40 hr weeks, others 80 plus hrs. Those times where you have to sit and moddy-coddle a procedure for 12 hrs a day are fun (then there's spreadsheets and paper work to do after that, and an hour either way commute). Throw a (attempted) social life and other hobbies over that and you get a pretty patchy amount of modding time.

What I do welcome is help though, so if anyone has patches, fixes or even just filling in things like manufactor names or part descriptions, please do throw them my way and I'll incorportate them (although the reward would probably only be something like your name credited in the .cfg or something).

Also, I've been a bit cheeky and have been updating SXT without writing a changelog or updating the version number, so if you haven't downloaded it recently, there's likely some changes (mainly things like updating textures and models to match the 0.25 stuff and things like FAR compatibility for the wings).

http://imgur.com/a/WFjN8

Could we have the craft files for those two jets?

Could we have the craft files for those two jets?

No problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/KN-225.craft

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/Mini%20Airliner.craft

Note, both were designed using FAR. I've also reworked the AH-225 so it actually flys properly now.

Edited by Lack

I just created an account here after trying out LLL just to say how awesome it is, I'm having a whale of a time and I haven't even touched space or aircraft yet!

E06665B2D40F0B4CF68A83A2B25799C83EABC7B1

5BFA2F20AF7AA7CDAD2108B8BA6385615C4A462D

041065B96AF2986FA07A0712894B9DA674F1AE89

This is so much fun, I don't know how I ever played before.

Uh, can someone tell me how to make one of those slideshows instead of taking up loads of screen space more than needed?

I just created an account here after trying out LLL just to say how awesome it is, I'm having a whale of a time and I haven't even touched space or aircraft yet!

This is so much fun, I don't know how I ever played before.

Uh, can someone tell me how to make one of those slideshows instead of taking up loads of screen space more than needed?

Wow, nice. I've put a link to the video in the OP.

For slideshows, this tells you how to do it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36010-Introducing-the-Ability-to-Embed-Imgur-Albums!

I continue to enjoy SXT--it's become my standard mod for extra rocket parts. There seems to be an actual use/need for almost all the parts and I like the imagination involved.

I have noticed a problem, though. There are those airplane passenger fuselages, both 1.25m and 2.5m. They don't have crew hatches so they function like "Kerbal Roach Motels": Kerbals check in via the new 0.25 transfer system but they can't check out. At least not without Ship/Crew Manifest. Even the new stock transfer doesn't work because that requires a hatch to click on.

I continue to enjoy SXT--it's become my standard mod for extra rocket parts. There seems to be an actual use/need for almost all the parts and I like the imagination involved.

I have noticed a problem, though. There are those airplane passenger fuselages, both 1.25m and 2.5m. They don't have crew hatches so they function like "Kerbal Roach Motels": Kerbals check in via the new 0.25 transfer system but they can't check out. At least not without Ship/Crew Manifest. Even the new stock transfer doesn't work because that requires a hatch to click on.

Thanks. If you re-download SXT the 2.5m ones should both have hatches. I haven't done anything with the 1.25m since it needs entirely re-doing.

Just a quick note that I'm writing CKAN metadata for SXT now; thank you *so* much for your hard work and beautiful filesystem structure. :)

I've just got a couple of quick questions:

* What version number would the current release of SXT use? I'm guessing "Fix for 0.25" is not the version number we want. :)

* Are releases up on KerbalStuff or Github at all? (If so, our indexing bot can find new releases automatically.)

Many, many thanks again!

~ Paul

Aww thanks, wouldn't have been possible without this awesome mod!

If I was being silly, I would request more aerodynamic massive block based constructs, as strapping wings to that and trying to get it to space is proving un-successful, but I have not maxed out the rocket count yet so I can't be trying hard enough. If you would like, I can take a few more screens of these nutty cars for ya, I'm loving the way I can stack and stack and stack until it gets crazy!

Just a quick note that I'm writing CKAN metadata for SXT now; thank you *so* much for your hard work and beautiful filesystem structure. :)

I've just got a couple of quick questions:

* What version number would the current release of SXT use? I'm guessing "Fix for 0.25" is not the version number we want. :)

* Are releases up on KerbalStuff or Github at all? (If so, our indexing bot can find new releases automatically.)

Many, many thanks again!

~ Paul

Hmm, that's a good point. I'd say call it '18.5' or something. I've actually been updating it fairly regularly without changing the version number :/

Normally just because I've been in a rush or just plain lazy.

Speaking of which:

Mk2 Linear Aerospike. It's in the main DL.

@Liarra Sniffles,

Yeah, that would be great.

Hmm, that's a good point. I'd say call it '18.5' or something. I've actually been updating it fairly regularly without changing the version number :/

Thank you! SXT 18.5 is now installable with `ckan install SXT`. :)

Many, many thanks!

~ Paul

YOU

GOD

DAMN

TRICKSTER!!

xD i've been waiting on a release for a fix for 0.25 for so long now and here it is right infront of my face... damnit lack at least give us a heads up!

all in all though i like what you did and thanks for the fixes. great work and keep pumping them sweet parts out!

EDIT: ok maybe not a trickster but a troll... most of the textures that were missing are still missing and the engines for the moon pod thingy and the bottom part of it are still not visable. halp? where's the DL for the up to date SXT? (yes i re-downloaded)

Edited by AntiMatter001

YOU

GOD

DAMN

TRICKSTER!!

xD i've been waiting on a release for a fix for 0.25 for so long now and here it is right infront of my face... damnit lack at least give us a heads up!

all in all though i like what you did and thanks for the fixes. great work and keep pumping them sweet parts out!

EDIT: ok maybe not a trickster but a troll... most of the textures that were missing are still missing and the engines for the moon pod thingy and the bottom part of it are still not visable. halp? where's the DL for the up to date SXT? (yes i re-downloaded)

*Whistles nonchalantly*

They shouldn't be; unless you've also got something like Ven's Stock-overhaul. Can you post some screenshots?

They changed the scaling with the lv-909 and I haven't got round to fixing it, but the engines themselves do fire.

*Whistles nonchalantly*

They shouldn't be; unless you've also got something like Ven's Stock-overhaul. Can you post some screenshots?

They changed the scaling with the lv-909 and I haven't got round to fixing it, but the engines themselves do fire.

ok i'll screenshot it asap...

my game just crashed... wow... xD i'm fairly sure that it's just the textures for the black "heatsheliding" on the probecore and the flamable images on the "barrel of fuel" ( i think that's the name)

like i said i'll get screenshots ASAP

EDIT (completely random here): also i dislike how sometimes people think that complete capslock means i'm angry and shouting angirly at someone instead of a joke :/

EDIT 2 SCREEENSSSSS:

you can see the "heatsheilding isn't there and some of the textures aren't there and the munar module doesn't have the engine bit. (so does the "trunk" part but i forgot to take a pic of it)

Edited by AntiMatter001

EDIT (completely random here): also i dislike how sometimes people think that complete capslock means i'm angry and shouting angirly at someone instead of a joke :/

EDIT 2 SCREEENSSSSS:

you can see the "heatsheilding isn't there and some of the textures aren't there and the munar module doesn't have the engine bit. (so does the "trunk" part but i forgot to take a pic of it)

The LLL probe-core doesn't look terrible though, I think it used the old Mk2 textures, which don't exist now. You could probably darken it in paint really. For the LLL copy of SXT's RCS array, just have a look in the .cfgs and change the relevant 'texture =' lines to the updated versions from SXT.

The munar module is just because they fiddled with the lv-909, as I said before, functionally it should be fine. The other parts are weird though, they're fine on my end.

But the order of your parts seems weird as well, which makes me think there may be a deeper issue here. As far as I'm aware, SXT's should always be after Squad's in the part list, unless someone's re-arranged the alphabet while I wasn't looking. It looks like the 'light air-craft fueslage has loaded after the Tsar parts as well.

Lack,Ive tried to install this on MAC osx on ksp. 25.0 It doesnt show KSC++ when i load it up,shows nothing! it worked last ksp version though.