Help removing a decoupler?

ANother option is to quicksave, pop open the quicksave in your favorite text editor (Notepad will work Notepad+ would probably be better) and find the decoupler name. (You can open it's config file to get the name) Perform a search first for your ship name, then for the part name, then delete everything that comes after the word PART (Including PART) get rid of any spaces, save the file, then quickload. and Voila! no more decouler.

Why cant you get whack-a-kerbal to work? the button to fire is the middle mouse button, the scrolly wheel thing. If you are on a laptop, i believe there is a way to change the keybinding in the settings.

He's in orbit. Whack a kerbal is very hard to use in orbit due to the speed.

He's in orbit. Whack a kerbal is very hard to use in orbit due to the speed.

This is why you quicksave before you try anything, I haven't ever had a problem with it in orbit. (Other than it veering off because of gravity)

Why cant you get whack-a-kerbal to work? the button to fire is the middle mouse button, the scrolly wheel thing. If you are on a laptop, i believe there is a way to change the keybinding in the settings.

Eh, at least on my save, it's very hit or miss whether it works at all. Especially if the game's been running awhile, the menu will come up and I can adjust the size/shape/speed of the objects, but they don't spawn with the MMB. Happens in orbit, atmo, on the launchpad. Just doesn't work until reloading the game sometimes.

So towards that end OP, maybe close the game and reload from where you left off, try Whack-a-Kerbal again?

Eh, at least on my save, it's very hit or miss whether it works at all. Especially if the game's been running awhile, the menu will come up and I can adjust the size/shape/speed of the objects, but they don't spawn with the MMB. Happens in orbit, atmo, on the launchpad. Just doesn't work until reloading the game sometimes.

So towards that end OP, maybe close the game and reload from where you left off, try Whack-a-Kerbal again?

It doesn't spawn for me either, I'll try again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.