Shortcuts for Science

Unfortunately action groups suck if you have several science parts set up with symmetry. Realize if you use the action group, all the symmetric copies will also take readings. You can reject the duplicates if you want. Then if you use the action group again, only the experiments that are "ready" will run. It will not automatically overwrite your previously saved readings unless you have an action group set up to "reset" them all.

If you're not using symmetry (i.e. only have one of each type of experiment on board), then action groups work great.

Is there a hotkey to bring up the experiments collected menu? I sometimes lose track of experiments if I click "store" with the intent of transmitting later.

Pretty sure that can be set to an action group too. I'm almost certain that if it is a right click option that it can be action-grouped.

Is there a hotkey to bring up the experiments collected menu? I sometimes lose track of experiments if I click "store" with the intent of transmitting later.

Unfortunately you can't hotkey the data windows (not that I have found anyway). For just about every piece of science equipment, about all you can hotkey is turning it on, taking the data, resetting it. And oddly enough you don't really need to turn them on (toggle displays, etc) in order to "take data."

But in case you didn't know, you can right click on the modules and review the data. If the data is gone (collected or transmitted) then there won't be any data to review.

Unfortunately you can't hotkey the data windows (not that I have found anyway). For just about every piece of science equipment, about all you can hotkey is turning it on, taking the data, resetting it. And oddly enough you don't really need to turn them on (toggle displays, etc) in order to "take data."

But in case you didn't know, you can right click on the modules and review the data. If the data is gone (collected or transmitted) then there won't be any data to review.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm stuck now. I'd like to be able to review all data on the craft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.