[0.24.2] Voice Commander 1.3.2 - Control crafts with your voice

blizzy78

Is there an actual MechJeb part on your vessel? The MechJeb commands will only work when you have that.

Also, you can check which commands the voice server currently recognizes by opening the settings window, then clicking OK. This will replace all currently recognized commands on the voice server. (It will say "Added engine command" for each command recognized.)

Your configuration is not correct. Open the settings window again when you have a vessel with a MechJeb part. Then, navigate to the "Mech Jeb: Turn into a Flight Direction" command, and enter "turn <flightDirection>". In the "Prograde" box, just enter "prograde", not "turn prograde". Reason is, the "Turn into a Flight Direction" command uses a macro, namely <flightDirection>.

Please also check the full commands and macros list at http://bit.ly/1lnCdEv

There is no "MechJeb" section in the voice commander settings. Only the top bit "used in macros" as seen by my screen shot, "Toggle Listening", and many "KSP: ____". Yes, I updated 1.1.0 by deleting the previous blizzy folder entirely from gamedata.

Edited by BigD145

I did a quick search myself. I'll see about finding my dropbox login info.

[LOG 12:21:03.171] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KSPInterstellar' V10.3
[LOG 12:21:03.172] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'OpenResourceSystem' V1.1
[LOG 12:21:03.187] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 12:21:03.188] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VoiceCommanderMechJeb' has not met dependency 'MechJeb2' V2.2
[ERR 12:21:03.189] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'VoiceCommanderMechJeb' is missing 1 dependencies
[LOG 12:21:03.235] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ConfigManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager.2.1.0'
[LOG 12:21:03.237] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ToolbarManager' from assembly 'Toolbar'

That would be MechJeb2 250 in my case.

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqhw8x2l9n3qfn9/KSP.log

Edited by BigD145

I think I've found the culprit. MechJeb always puts a new version and build number into its DLL, so that when I'm compiling against it, I'm basically locking my VoiceCommanderMechJeb.dll to that specific build. In this case, it's locked to build 249.

For the time being you can download build 249 from http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/249/, it should work. I'll ask Sarbian about what to do here.

This is AWESOME!

One of those rare mods that dont change play much, not really required for anything.....but a MUST HAVE!!

I been yelling at my ships since I started playing KSP.....its about damn time they started listening to me =)

Voice Commander 1.1.1 is now available for download, fixing an issue with MechJeb support. Please note that you now must have MechJeb 2.2.1 development build 255 or newer installed. There should no longer be any issues when you update MechJeb to >build 255 while keeping the same Voice Commander version.

Also please note that I've fixed a bug in the commands documention: It listed one of the macros as <yawPitchRoll>, when in fact it should have been <axis>.

Hmm, I think I need to add something like a push-to-talk hotkey, so that it will only ever try to recognize commands when you hold that key.

That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Functionally the voice commands free up fingers from keys. Voice commands are an extra finger or two and some time on the key press rolled into one. If I had to press a button to say "SAS" then why would I not just press the SAS button? Perhaps just make a cfg so that's optional? I'm just not seeing the need unless you're in a "talkative" environment, in which case you should not be using speech recognition at all.

Perhaps just make a cfg so that's optional?

Of course it would be optional. And yes, it's rather useless for single-button functions, but there are quite a few commands already that can't be done by simply tapping a button. (For example, "turn prograde.")

Also, did it finally work out on your system?

Yeah, 1.1.1 and 255 work on my system. I do have one request, if it's possible as this is likely a mechjeb issue, but can you add a command to stop mechjeb from completing maneuvers? If you interrupt the command then you'll end up fighting the vehicle for control. Sometimes a situation calls for a change of plans.

Hi,I installed the mod but it doesn't show in the toolbar, how can I fix this ? thanks

You may also need to update Toolbar, which is quite handily in blizzy's signature. Voice Commander can only really be used from the toolbar while using a vehicle.