[0.24.2] Voice Commander 1.3.2 - Control crafts with your voice

blizzy78

"Control crafts with your natural voice"

So you don't have to try to sound like Patrick Stewart to make it work???

You can if you want to. Make a video if you do it. I want to see how Windows handles his voice. It should work fine.

edit: Heh. Hah! HAHAHAHA http://hem.bredband.net/ba6j6333/sounds/picard28.mp3

Soundboard.com is being a slow ******* today.

http://hem.bredband.net/ba6j6333/sounds/picard14.mp3

Now I want to make "stand by" the toggle for Voice Commander.

No it doesn't. I tried install both toolbar in your file and the toolbar I download from the their web. Both doesn't show the voice commander.

Did you try them at the same time? Did you delete the old copy? Toolbar 1.7.1 is all you need. Make sure you don't have an old copy of Toolbar somewhere other than in the gamedata folder. Make sure your game data folder doesn't have some other named folder and a gamedata folder inside it. Make sure you unzip the files in the appropriate place. Make sure......(insert everything about mods ever here)

Toolbar and Voice should be installed something like this:

KerbalSpaceProgram_023.5\GameData\000_Toolbar\
KerbalSpaceProgram_023.5\GameData\blizzy\VoiceCommander\

Edited by BigD145

It works like this: There are macros, and there are commands. The commands are what you speak into your microphone, for example "set throttle to 50%." Now, instead of programming every percentage value into the plugin, and instead of you typing in the same text in the settings for each percentage value, I've added macros. In this example, the "50%" comes from a macro called <percentageNumber>. You can basically use this wherever a percentage value is required (just the number itself, "50".) The command then changes from "set throttle to 50%" to "set throttle to <percentageNumber> percent".

So just try it out: For the "Set Throttle" command, enter "set throttle to <percentageNumber> percent", then speak into your microphone, "set throttle to 50 percent". It should work :)

Note that for some macros, you can customize the texts for various values. For example, the <apPe> macro evaluates to either "apoapsis" or "periapsis". If you don't like these words and would rather use "blue" for apoapsis and "yellow" for periapsis, you can customize that. In the end, you can use the "Turn Into a Flight Direction" command (configured to "turn to <apPe>") and speak "turn to blue" or "turn to yellow" into your mic.

Edited by blizzy78

Please post your output_log.txt file.

Also, where exactly did you install Voice Commander? (well, what BigD145 said about this)

I found the problem. If I open voiceserver.exe first and run the KSP the voice commander button will not appear, but if I only run KSP the voice commander appears in the toolbar. But I have to run the voiceserver to make this work right?

Bridge Commander was cool but not as nice as Klingon Academy.

Great work Blizzy! Nice voice too.

Too bad there are these Windows limitations ... I'd love to yell commands in Klingon!

At least you can use it: I'm on mac :(

I must find a PC, it totally worth it!!!

I found the problem. If I open voiceserver.exe first and run the KSP the voice commander button will not appear, but if I only run KSP the voice commander appears in the toolbar. But I have to run the voiceserver to make this work right?

Yes, the voice server is necessary to use the plugin. For me it works fine the other way around: Starting VoiceServer.exe first, then KSP.

If it won't work for you at all, you can try this workaround: Make a copy of VoiceServer.exe and VoiceCommander.dll somewhere else (not inside any KSP folder), then run VoiceServer.exe from there.

Yes, the voice server is necessary to use the plugin. For me it works fine the other way around: Starting VoiceServer.exe first, then KSP.

If it won't work for you at all, you can try this workaround: Make a copy of VoiceServer.exe and VoiceCommander.dll somewhere else (not inside any KSP folder), then run VoiceServer.exe from there.

Good news, somehow it works now~ great work~! thanks~!

Right, I can do that. Though with the command input lag you can overshoot quite easily. Of course Kerbal Alarm Clock could help with that :)

By the way, if anyone has suggestions/wishes as to how to include other mods into the mix, please speak up. For a crude example, we could have a "build vessel <X>" command for the Extraplanetary Launchpads build thingy.

Perhaps the ability to create Hohmann transfers, or matching planes <targetVessel>? And something that I'd love to see is instead of a toggle listening, have one for start listening and stop listening. Or even the ability to create a maneuver node with a set apogee or perigee? Or "Kill Target Velocity" maybe?

Perhaps the ability to create Hohmann transfers,

or matching planes <targetVessel>?

Or even the ability to create a maneuver node with a set apogee or perigee?

Or "Kill Target Velocity" maybe?

Sound good.

And something that I'd love to see is instead of a toggle listening, have one for start listening and stop listening.

How would that be different from the current toggle?

Perhaps have it set so that the program stops listening on a button press, but not like push-to-talk in the fact that you can still pause the game and such, just a button that won't do anything if it thinks you're talking to it when you aren't. ie. "Wouldn't it be neat if two computers could listen to each other?" Which toggled listening and then set thrust to max because of "Thrust Max" was confused with "Trust me".

The ascending and landing autopilot more specifically. The data can be entered manually, but when you're launching 20+ satellites in a row you don't need to have the information entered more than once.

Edited by wased89

You could just set your toggle listening command to something that you don't say very often, such as "stand-by," or "blue bayou."

What MJ autopilot specifically? There are multiple that do different things. Most also require special input, so that's a bit hard to do with voice commands.

Also, you know that you can edit your older posts? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent job, man! I'm happy like a child! :D

Can't wait for more MechJeb commands!

Self explaining examples:

next vessel press "]"

prevoius vessel press "["

show ascent guidance (opens MJ window)

set ascent altitude to <number> kilometers

set ascent inclination to <degrees> degrees

ascent autostage <onOFF>

limit autostage <number>

show ascent path (opens MJ window)

set ascent path start to <number> kilometers

set ascent path end to <number> kilometers

set final angle to <90degrees> degrees

set ascent path shape to <90degrees> degrees

start ascent

circularize now

circularize in <number> seconds

circularize at <number> kilometers

change periapsis to <number> kilometers at <apPe>

change periapsis to <number> kilometers in <number> seconds

change periapsis to <number> kilometers now

change apoapsis to <number> kilometers at <apPe>

change apoapsis to <number> kilometers in <number> seconds

change apoapsis to <number> kilometers now

change iclination to <degrees> degrees at <anDN>

change iclination to <degrees> degrees in <number> seconds

change iclination to <degrees> degrees now

set target body <CelestialBody>

match planes at <anDN>

hoffman transfer

fine tune approach at <number> kilometers

resonant orbit <number> slash <number>

rendezvous autopilot

Can't figure out how to select appropriate docking ports at target vessel, so Docking autopilot if out of commands... yet. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dr. Jet

Dr. Jet, that's quite an exhaustive list, thanks! I'll see through it.

Please note that I don't think I will be adding some sort of autopiloting commands. I've already done that with the "execute maneuver node" command, but I don't think I should be adding something like "fly me to planet X and land there." I think that would be just too much.

• "Toggle Listening"
  • "Beat Career Mode"
  • Done in 2.

One random thought, no idea if this is possible or hard or what: Integration with a mod like kOS. Obviously not for complex stuff (though "run launchtolko" if you had the appropriate script for it would be cool) but just being able to say "Set throttle to 1" and "lock heading to prograde" would be nice.

Integration with a mod like kOS.

I haven't looked into kOS all that much. The latest news I heard is that the original author went MIA, and that's from quite a while ago. I don't know if there is a fork that is actively maintained, but as long as there isn't, I would rather not touch it.

but just being able to say "Set throttle to 1" and "lock heading to prograde" would be nice.

Voice Commander supports that if you have MechJeb installed. You don't need to use MJ itself, it just needs to be installed for these commands as a dependency.

Voice Commander supports that if you have MechJeb installed. You don't need to use MJ itself, it just needs to be installed for these commands as a dependency.

Yeah that was an example. Supporting all of mechjeb's features requires (I assume) you writing code for each feature. kOS would in theory allow you to just send whatever is said to it and let it figure it out.

Though now that I've played with this a bit I see that you have to define every word so that may not be as seamless as I originally thought it would.

Any chance default phrases could be (or maybe should they be and I did something wrong?) put into the settings? Other than finding the correct MechJeb version to use, that was the most annoying part. In the end I was just copying the green text from the documentation and pasting it into the game.

Things I've already learned:

Half of the sentences I say that aren't commands seem to have a word that is close to "map" in it. Also: My burps sound like the word "map."

You want a better abort command than "abort." I'm currently using "abort abort abort"

Yelling "abort abort abort" when things go horribly wrong is cathartic.

The MechJeb you download off of Curse is not the one that works with this mod.

Supporting all of mechjeb's features requires (I assume) you writing code for each feature.

It does, but I don't have a problem doing that :D

Edit: So it looks like there is a fork of kOS that is actively maintained. I should probably have a second look.

Any chance default phrases could be (or maybe should they be and I did something wrong?) put into the settings?

Yes, I should probably add those :)

Half of the sentences I say that aren't commands seem to have a word that is close to "map" in it.

Actually the speech recognition engine is quite capable. Right now I'm only using the "commands" part of it, where you define a list of fixed commands, and it tries to match your speech to one of those commands. What I'm not using is its "dictation" part, where it converts free speech to text. Those two modes can also be combined, such that it would try to match a command, and if that fails, it would take your speech as a dictation. I should try to make use of that to be able to ignore unknown voice commands, such as burps.

Edit: Also, it may have issues with very short words, for example with "map" only having a single syllable. It should help to use longer commands, such as "open map". Of course I could also tweak the required minimum confidence level.

Edited by blizzy78