[0.23.5] Go At Throttle Up [May-11-2014]

TacoScott

What does it do, that is the question. :)

I've updated the first post with a better explanation of how my friends and I use it, and how I imagine others will use it.

Ahh. The fact that the pilot is supposed to be IVA the whole time is what I didn't get. I though the screens just duplicated what the pilot had anyway so ground control was entirely redundant.

I have essentially removed the Camera FPS limit. It should now pretty much let you go up to 60 if your machine can handle it. Most machines will IN NO WAY BE ABLE TO DO THAT. Once I get the camera fps "issue" to something stable I'm going to be moving on to more interfaces/vesselview support and some more data points.

GATU v0.1-Beta up at: https://github.com/withorwithoutgod/GoAtThrottleUp/releases/

Please to enjoy.

Ascent page would include maybe attitude, altitude, velocities, dynamic pressure, atmosphere and throttle. Could include fuels but there's already a whole page for that . would help for two player set ups

Just FYI when you start gatu-server-relay all of the cherrypy logging level is set to error. This confused me. Maybe you should set it to info or debug...

also, i'd totally be willing to help with any code stuff you need, particularly on the python end. I've done a lot with mjpeg streaming and video streaming so i can probably help there.

Edited by freddie711

This looks like an AMAZING idea. I've only skimmed over this for now so these things might have been said already, but here's my input on the concept:

I think that being able to reliably output this information into a web server that can be accessed by 'mission control' remotely should be an important feature, so that internet co-op is possible.

At the least, the plugin itself doesn't need to be a web server, it just needs to output information to a web server.

Helmet cams should be fairly easy. There's a mod for EVA helmet view already that could probably be helpful.

[h=1]v0.1.41 released.[/h]

This should improve camera fps, 20fps is set as the new limit as it's actually sane. I have implemented some concepts to keep memory use low and keep things from crashing. It should now rate limit a camera's fps if the server relay can't keep up.

8x20fps cameras is serious. It'll impact gameplay, your gpu/cpu may not be able to keep up. This isn't a magic mod, rendering 8 more screen of data has to have an impact. Plan your cameras res and fps accordingly.

https://github.com/withorwithoutgod/GoAtThrottleUp/releases/

This isn't working for me. I've got everything installed as far as I can tell. The plugin zip is installed to the gamedata folder and the parts are showing up properly, I've got the server-relay stuff installed to a subfolder in my KSP directory and it seems to be running ok. The web page shows up when I go to http://127.0.0.1/static/lights.html so as far as I can tell the python code is running properly. The problem I'm getting is when I slap cameras and an antenna on a rocket... nothing happens.

How should I go about debugging this so it'll work?

Thanks for putting this together, by the way, it looks rad as hell and I can't wait to give it a shot.

This isn't working for me. I've got everything installed as far as I can tell. The plugin zip is installed to the gamedata folder and the parts are showing up properly, I've got the server-relay stuff installed to a subfolder in my KSP directory and it seems to be running ok. The web page shows up when I go to http://127.0.0.1/static/lights.html so as far as I can tell the python code is running properly. The problem I'm getting is when I slap cameras and an antenna on a rocket... nothing happens.

How should I go about debugging this so it'll work?

Thanks for putting this together, by the way, it looks rad as hell and I can't wait to give it a shot.

Check out the new video install tutorial for windows on the first post, see if that helps.

Check out the new video install tutorial for windows on the first post, see if that helps.

It did help, I didn't catch that you need to install Python 2.7 and had installed 3.4 instead. I uninstalled that, switched to 2.7, and updated to today's release, and now this sucker is working. Thanks!

I think that being able to reliably output this information into a web server that can be accessed by 'mission control' remotely should be an important feature, so that internet co-op is possible.

At the least, the plugin itself doesn't need to be a web server, it just needs to output information to a web server.

We've already had this working, the GATU server relay is ​a web server. The 127.0.0.1:8080 server can be accessed at your local IP address behind your router at (for example) 192.168.1.103:8080, from there it is a (relatively) simple step to forward a port from your router to your internal IP address (ie 192.168.1.XXX) at port 8080 from any external port you'd like (ie 60000) and then anyone with your outside IP address and forwarded port should be able to see the GATU status page served from your Kerbal gaming rig. Keep in mind there is presently no authentication, so anyone that sees your port/knows your port/ip will be able to see your Kerbal flight info.

Mission control can absolutely be off site, and its a blast!

Just wanted to post and say that this mod is super fun. I'm not quite at the 'IVA 100% of the time' stage and have instead been using it to show off neato rockets on missions to the mun and such. Using Infernal Robotics you can build some rather capable deployable arms and then mount a camera on the end of it.

Couple issues, no idea if these are fixable or not:

-If the pilot highlights a part by mousing over it, the highlight shows up on the camera feed.

-Going into the map screen reduces the size of celestial bodies in the camera feed.

Also there are 12 possible camera IDs but there seems to only be 8 camera feeds in the GATU server relay. Is there a setting I'm missing here?

Just wanted to post and say that this mod is super fun. I'm not quite at the 'IVA 100% of the time' stage and have instead been using it to show off neato rockets on missions to the mun and such. Using Infernal Robotics you can build some rather capable deployable arms and then mount a camera on the end of it.

Couple issues, no idea if these are fixable or not:

-If the pilot highlights a part by mousing over it, the highlight shows up on the camera feed.

-Going into the map screen reduces the size of celestial bodies in the camera feed.

Also there are 12 possible camera IDs but there seems to only be 8 camera feeds in the GATU server relay. Is there a setting I'm missing here?

Highlighting a part and it showing up on the cameras is probably not fixable. I'm not sure I can have the cameras NOT render something the "proper" KSP cameras are rendering. I might be able to do some layer trickery. I'll see.

Going into the map screen as well changes all sorts of things in KSP such that I probably can't fix that either. I'll probably just have cameras disable in map view for now.

those 12 cameras all work technically, but yes the web interface only shows 8. I have plans for 9,10,11,12. :) Big plans. (kind of)

Edited by TacoScott

Good job. On my side I enabled it so you can have a chase camera as extra camera. Going to also see if I can send the rendered data from what is on the clients screen. Good job. Using the chase camera with real max FPS and other cameras with low FPS works great.

You going to have a API to send commands KSP?

Hi, great mod! I tried it and it works perfectly! Unfortunately it is useless to me if I cannot share it on another network. If that's possible (which I'm sure it is) please tell me how. Thanks in advance :)

It does work for other networks. Networking 101...

1. Figure out your Public Netwrok IP assigned -- http://www.whatismyip.com/

2. Figure out your Local IP Adress. Open up DOS command prompt , type ipconfig. Get your local IP Address.

3. Google port forwarding for your router. Set up to forward all communication for Port 8080 to that local IP Address.

4. Setup firewall to allow python to connect to public

5. Give your friends the public IP Address http://[PUBLICIPADRESS]/static/lights.html

And done. I tested it and not to much lag.

Hey Tacoscott got a question for you. And this doesn't need to be done anytime soon ( if it can) but how hard would it be to have cameras at the very least render from vessels that aren't the active one but are within 2.2km range? Thought I had since I do a ton of atmospheric flights and space plane/shuttle landings was put a small UAV ontop of the control tower with a camera and have one person act like tower control guiding me in if I decide to make kerbin have fog with EVE.

Hey Tacoscott got a question for you. And this doesn't need to be done anytime soon ( if it can) but how hard would it be to have cameras at the very least render from vessels that aren't the active one but are within 2.2km range? Thought I had since I do a ton of atmospheric flights and space plane/shuttle landings was put a small UAV ontop of the control tower with a camera and have one person act like tower control guiding me in if I decide to make kerbin have fog with EVE.

Assuming cameras have separate ids, I think this probably would work as it is right now. I think the issue is if a vessel goes beyond the 2.5km limit and then comes back it doesn't work so there is work to be done on this concept.

Bug added to issue tracker. =)

2. Figure out your Local IP Adress. Open up DOS command prompt , type ipconfig. Get your local IP Address.

3. Google port forwarding for your router. Set up to forward all communication for Port 8080 to that local IP Address.

5. Give your friends the public IP Address http://[PUBLICIPADRESS]/static/lights.html

I've added an issue to the tracker as well to give the ability to require authentication for these types of situations.

https://github.com/withorwithoutgod/GoAtThrottleUp/issues/16

Good job. On my side I enabled it so you can have a chase camera as extra camera. Going to also see if I can send the rendered data from what is on the clients screen. Good job. Using the chase camera with real max FPS and other cameras with low FPS works great.

You going to have a API to send commands KSP?

Heck yeah I will have an api to send commands to kerbal. I'm going to make this mod so you can do a rover mission start to finish without using the kerbal interface (except to load things up)

Alright, I think it works! Thank you very much for your help! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.