[0.23.5] Go At Throttle Up [May-11-2014]

TacoScott

• 3 weeks later...

My friends and I played some GATU this evening and here is a image of it. Our model rocket organization is attending to a big LAN-party here and we are gonna offer people to play some Kerbal GATU and simulate how it feels to go about in space. A really awesome night although we concluded that it was a bit harder than we initially thought. We managed to get us in orbit even though it wasn't a pretty one. Next time we'll get it right!

PS. This image was taken long before we realized that we needed MOAR screens per player!

gwNeSMC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TacoScott, do you have any plans to improve the cameras?

To be more specific, do you have any plans to replace the large amount of pictures per second process with a video feed that can interpolate?

Right now, if I enable more than 4 cameras with the default resolution and 25 fps it saturates my network stack to the point that I can't even communicate over ICMP with my own router (and I have a gigabit card/router).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to do a twitch TV series on this with a buddy. Does anyone who uses this know if it provides this data:

http://ksp.olex.biz/

I'm pretty familiar with orbital mechanics. I can eyeball it to the mun, but if I want to make it to Duna or Eve and minimize the chance of missing to a point it is broadcastable I need a little bit more data.

Thanks!

Great that this mod is being updated. I have one problem with it: when i change the gatu server port and "postport" in gatuantenna.cfg, the cameras do not work.

Is it a bug, or is there a way for me to make it work?

I have to use a different for gatu port than the default because the PC of a buddy of mine has a service running on 8080 that can not be identified so we can't disable or change it.

edit:

Problem solved. I did not expect there'd also be a port number in the camera cfg.

Edited by rkman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
this is a very cool mod. any idea if tacoscott is still around?

I am still around, but I have been working on other projects. They are all non-ksp related so they are all garbage. Let me dig through the comments here and get back into this.

Full disclosure, I get sidetrack easily. =)

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if I can push the data through to a website? Say I have a page I want to display this info, can I push the data through to it or no?

It could, I'll look through my code. It can certainly be queried from some back end call of a website.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey TacoScott, do you have any plans to improve the cameras?

To be more specific, do you have any plans to replace the large amount of pictures per second process with a video feed that can interpolate?

Right now, if I enable more than 4 cameras with the default resolution and 25 fps it saturates my network stack to the point that I can't even communicate over ICMP with my own router (and I have a gigabit card/router).

I had throught about making the stream more of a proper stream and not just swapping PNG's. I figured mjpegs would work. It's something I planned on doing and may do.

Ah yes, that is most likely. I've been using this in tandem with telemachus so that would make sense. I'll look into it. Would you know of a way to stream the data from the site back to a Raspberry Pi so that I can have a physical controller and lighting system?

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.