[0.23.5] Go At Throttle Up [May-11-2014]

TacoScott

IronPython

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/

Could be a option.

I would love to help you code whatever you design you go with if you are welling

I am exploring the shared memory/local socket/something or other to improve performance of camera captures. Making it stream with "video" quality will probably always be outside the scope of this project. I am shooting for 5-8 fps on the high end for what I want. I want it to have the look and feel of a far away camera with static and video distortion effects during re-entry. I want temperature to effect it. I'm want too many g's make it act wierd. I want lower res images to trasnfers faster and higher res ones to be almost "on request and they take 3 seconds to process" like the mars rover. I am going to making it all better. =)

Edited by TacoScott

I have 5 monitors, 2 desktop computers, a laptop, and a tablet. Now they can all play KSP at the same time, Thank you.

P.S.

Can we come up with a better name than KSP larping. Sounds like a thyroid disease.

It's called "go at throttle up" or gatu for short. Please send me picture of your setup! :)

- - - Updated - - -

This reminds me a bit of Artemis Bridge Simulator. However, due to the subject matter, it's better. XD

You are wise. :)

We had another successful gatu night with my friends and I. I'll report and post pics tomorrow. Also more things for the bug tracker and more feature requests. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Just a couple images this time. We had two successful mun landings. Many things to add and fix with GATU but it is functional and playable and fun! We had buddies watching with there phones offsite. =)

Edited by TacoScott

This looks really cool. Played around with it last night, but wanted to let you know I couldn't get the web pages to work in Internet Explorer. The lights page data flow would start blue but then go yellow and red and be stuck there. The cameras worked, and the api pages did as well, but not the rest. In Firefox, everything worked perfectly.

Also, out of curiosity for the folks who have tried this, how do you do things like lunar injection burns? Is the pilot allowed to use maneuver nodes? Or was everything done just using the data from the "mission control"?

Planning on doing a event in a couple weeks. I cant wait. Hopefully I can get the FPS up, I would like to have multi cameras live for the astronauts. (On different computers or screens.)

Just did a new release: https://github.com/withorwithoutgod/GoAtThrottleUp/releases/

It improves camera fps quite a bit, and more to come in that department. The big hold up now is the server-relay performance when it's getting shipped all this data. I'm working on a solution for that as well.

This one is incompatible with previous ones so you'll need to rebuild your ships/camera setup. That should no happen with future updates again (hopefully).

Thanks!

I don't get it. What does this mod actually DO? The first page description is a list of changes, not a description of the mod's purpose from the ground up. So it displays things on other screens but how does that help make it a l LAN party tool if those screens are just read-only content and you still only have one player in control?

So one of my cameras has stopped working. When Bill went EVA and flew in front of it, the camera stopped sending its signal, and when I look at its screen its only noisy white. The others cameras in my ship are still working fine. How did Bill break it?

I don't get it. What does this mod actually DO? The first page description is a list of changes, not a description of the mod's purpose from the ground up. So it displays things on other screens but how does that help make it a l LAN party tool if those screens are just read-only content and you still only have one player in control?

The OP has been updated, but its designed for multiple people in a mission control to assist a pilot using IVA only do ~things~.

What does it do, that is the question. :)

I've updated the first post with a better explanation of how my friends and I use it, and how I imagine others will use it.

This looks really cool. Played around with it last night, but wanted to let you know I couldn't get the web pages to work in Internet Explorer. The lights page data flow would start blue but then go yellow and red and be stuck there. The cameras worked, and the api pages did as well, but not the rest. In Firefox, everything worked perfectly.

Also, out of curiosity for the folks who have tried this, how do you do things like lunar injection burns? Is the pilot allowed to use maneuver nodes? Or was everything done just using the data from the "mission control"?

We did no manuever nodes, no map, no UI. All flight data comes from the mission control basically. Pilot has basics like altitude and speed (but no radar height to actual ground!) and throttle position (done through editing rasterpropmon's nav ball so it gives only the data we want the pilot to have).

I can see where this would be really fun. I can just imagine my mission control (a theater room full of teens) and my 12 year old at the IVA helm in his room. What could go wrong? :) Especially, lets say, on a mission to the moon.

Have an orbital map and a couple bolt on camera shots on the projector screen. Several laptops... Yeah that would be awesome. If I can get it together I will snap some shots for you. I don't think I would say "failure is not an option" though. :)

Great idea my friend!

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GATI\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond

response.body = self.handler()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GATI\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__

self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GATI\cherrypy\_cperror.py", line 386, in __call__

raise self

NotFound: (404, "The path '/' was not found.")

A bunch of errors also show up when I try to run the .py file itself. SOmething to do with ENGINE Listening for SIGTERM and ENGINE Bus STARTING but it's all saying [error]. I installed Python with your link.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GATI\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond

response.body = self.handler()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GATI\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__

self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GATI\cherrypy\_cperror.py", line 386, in __call__

raise self

NotFound: (404, "The path '/' was not found.")

A bunch of errors also show up when I try to run the .py file itself. SOmething to do with ENGINE Listening for SIGTERM and ENGINE Bus STARTING but it's all saying [error]. I installed Python with your link.

Those errors are actually just cherrypy's way of reporting logging info. The "traceback" message you saw in the webpage is me forgetting to set up a redirect at the root level.

Try out http://127.0.0.1:8080/static/lights.html

I have updated the first post to reflect this, and the next release will also resolve this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.