Is it cheating?

50ck37

You CHEATER !!!

Oh boy... it's getting more and more difficult to understand this game... Guess I'll have to cheat at this new level by cheating at the old one, so to be able not to cheat at the ... oh wait

“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.†― Pablo Picasso

Yeah! this

Man, I really got confused at this post, so I am going to cheat the answering game by quoting

We demand you release the Game Genie cheat codes for KSP.

They have been . . . They're called mods . . . .

I find it funny that most of us are mod users, some of us (read:me) more heavily than others. How did we get to this nonsense again?

Words? Cheaterpants. Real players use grunting and charades to get their ideas across.

Verbal communication???!??! I'm disappointed, real players communicate by systematic flatulence, just don't light a match.

Verbal communication???!??! I'm disappointed, real players communicate by systematic flatulence, just don't light a match.

I would like to point out that using more than 107 characters is cheating. YOU DIRTY LITTLE CHEATER!!

Alright guys, I am turning this into a forum game, as that seems to be what this has become. A game. ill search for another game similar and if i dont find one ill post it in a little bit. Drop by if you wanna play. :)

haha nice

and as a last post to this nasty cheaty thread I say that it is absolutelly FORBIDDEN to post after this.

YOU SHALL NOT POST!!! CHEETAAAS!!!

But be clear that by this I by no means mean in any way to cheat the idea from the previous post by awaking rebeldy in others, what could be seen as an attempt to subvert both the previuos poster idea and the Forum's Categorization System. No. Cause I am a good guy.

nah gonna cheat the last post rule by posting a cheat to my own subversive initiative: the link to the game: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80698-Cheaters!-Cheaters-everywhere!

Boy, I m impossible tonight!

So long as you aren't using an auto-pilot, I wouldn't say you're cheating at all.

Sweet, then my use of MechBej is okay? MechBej automates ship building and mission planning. I start the game, click "what do I want to do?" and it tells me. Then I click "Make the ship" and it builds it. While flying, I click "Smart S.S.A" and it lays out the maneuver nodes for me. But I do all the flying myself.

MechBej is in pre-pre-alpha. Which means it does not exist.

Sweet, then my use of MechBej is okay? MechBej automates ship building and mission planning. I start the game, click "what do I want to do?" and it tells me. Then I click "Make the ship" and it builds it. While flying, I click "Smart S.S.A" and it lays out the maneuver nodes for me. But I do all the flying myself.

I installed MechBej pre-pre-alpha and it works great! I installed it next to MechJeb, and between them they won KSP for me last night while I slept. I even placed top 10 on the worldwide high score list!

Not sure I should have left them running, they're halfway through finishing a Dyson sphere around Kerbol and have started asking uncomfortable questions about "Earth" and "IRL".

I installed MechBej pre-pre-alpha and it works great! I installed it next to MechJeb, and between them they won KSP for me last night while I slept. I even placed top 10 on the worldwide high score list!

I saw that. I totally frist posted on the comment board. I'm the one who said "RIC HAX"

Rejoice ! MechBej will get a new IWIN button in the next patch. And I finally added the often requested feature of posting screenshots of your exploit on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Reddit. All with MechBej interface hidden when the screenshot is done.

Rejoice ! MechBej will get a new IWIN button in the next patch. And I finally added the often requested feature of posting screenshots of your exploit on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Reddit. All with MechBej interface hidden when the screenshot is done.

Finally!

Feature request: After testing, I noticed I still have to manually make fun of n00bs who negatively comment on my social media'd screenshots. Any chance of an "autoflame" function? Maybe configurable with "racist", "homophobic", and "your mother" options?

hi, i am new to ksp (and games in general :D), but i am having lots of fun!

I am currently on career mode, trying to get as much science as i can, so to be able to acquire more stuff and er... Think of good stuff to do on this marvelously free (as in fun) game...

While at this sci-hunt process, i installed science library mod (before that i was using an .org file (emacs great stuff)), which was really tedious. This made jeb's life way easier... So easy that something down there on the desert of my conscience became to bother haha

does anyone (else? (i really don't know yet)) think that using science library can be considered cheating? If that is the case, under what circumstances?

Thanks and nice flights!

HAAAAAX

Yup.

Edited by Special Agent Sigvan

Is it cheating?

Edit: trying to recover the initial subject on a clearly subverted thread and making me watch 8 minutes of nonsense to grasp the meaning of HAX? You, my friend, is cheating. Real players create memes on the fly for the convenience of the readers.

Edited by 50ck37

Obviously, the only way we'll ever resolve this discussion is by having someone getting the last word. Fortunately, I can resort to my Uber-HAXX Secret Moderator Powers to instantly shut down the discussion and claim victory myself :wink:

But seriously, to address OP's question, as Kerbal Space Program is not primarily meant to be a competitive game, the only person you could possibly cheat (outside of user-submitted and user-regulated Challenges like those you'll see elsewhere on the forum) is yourself. As long as you're enjoying yourself, feel free to play using whatever tools or player aids you feel comfortable with.

That being said, as this thread has obviously gone off the rails and its original topic can lead to rather heated discussions when it is seriously pondered, I'll be closing this thread now. Have a nice day :)