[.24.2] DISCONTINUED July-27- Asteroid Cities V2.0

dtobi

Uhhh. I have a problem: I just docked the analyzer to an A-class, and it reads as having 1000 units of water. Edit: I totally forgot to press the analyze button.

Edited by Tangle

Okay, what? I launch my ship and it explodes. I hyperedit my refinery ship into orbit and suddenly the probe core and the refinery detach from one another. There aren't any decouplers.

edit: the refinery part is officially ****ty.

Edited by Tangle

Uhhh. I have a problem: I just docked the analyzer to an A-class, and it reads as having 1000 units of water. Edit: I totally forgot to press the analyze button.
Okay, what? I launch my ship and it explodes. I hyperedit my refinery ship into orbit and suddenly the probe core and the refinery detach from one another. There aren't any decouplers.

edit: the refinery part is officially ****ty.

A) Please post pictures

B) what other mods do you use?

C) which version of this mod did you use

D) did you work with part clipping enabled?

E) have you tried a clean install with only this mod?

F) Is the error reproducible?

I think the Refinery has some sort of compatability issue. I cannot launch the refinery even at low accelerations, when it gets to about 360m/sec it just explodes.

Here are my plugins.

Active Texture Management,

Aerojet Kerbodyne

AIES_AeroSpace

BahaSP

Deadly Reentry

FAR

KJR

Klockhead_Martin

Kommit_nucleonics

KW

MechJeb2

NearFuture

NasaMission

Realchute

SDHI

Trying without KJR at this moment.

Edit: Same without KJR.

Edited by nlancaster

The problem is that when the Refinery is attached it looks fine in the VAB. But when out on the pad the refinery is clipped thru the parts below it. Like both attachment points are in the same location on one end of the part.

This happens even with bone stock fresh install.

The refinery does not properly attach.

AsteroidRefinery1.png

AsteroidRefinery2.png

I think the Refinery has some sort of compatability issue. I cannot launch the refinery even at low accelerations, when it gets to about 360m/sec it just explodes.

I'm having the same experience. My refinery ships get up to 6-7 km and just explode, so it's probably happening around 360-400 m/s.

I'm running on a 64-bit linux system (Mint 16), using the Steam version of 23.5.

The problem is that when the Refinery is attached it looks fine in the VAB. But when out on the pad the refinery is clipped thru the parts below it. Like both attachment points are in the same location on one end of the part.

This happens even with bone stock fresh install.

The refinery does not properly attach.

http://www.pdxmc.com/uploads/KSP/AsteroidRefinery1.png

http://www.pdxmc.com/uploads/KSP/AsteroidRefinery2.png

Would you make your craft file available so I can check?

I am having the very same problem. It actually bricked my career, but I was able to restore from a quicksave. Here is the craft file...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B51D0goiPm7JdHVwRDJQQmdvdDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Operating System: OS X 10.9.2

Processor: 2.3 ghz i7

RAM: 16GB

KSP Version: 0.235

Mods: KW, MechJeb, Asteroid Cities

I checked the craft file and the part appears to be linked to the proper items

Edited by saabstory88
More Info

Here's a video showing the problem, using a refinery as part of a rocket stack.

VIDEO LINKY

The video is in OGG format. Sound is included for additional drama...

CRAFT FILE

FWIW, the greenhouse has the same problem.

Are you using version 3.0? Maybe something is missing in the zip container. I'll try to figure it out tonight. Sorry for the hassle.

I just released a hotfix. There was a file missing in the ZIP. My sincere apologies to everyone who tried it and experienced exploding refineries and greenhouses.

Glad you figured that out as I was unable to try them and thought the issue was on my side (huge number of mods). Anyway, your Philae-like claw is really cool.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

So, here are some more pictures, of a small proof of concept test mission from today. Discovered a minor issue with the 2.5m Astropad (see below).

Thanks a lot for sharing these! Great story! It was a pleasure to look at the plenty pictures!

I'm having the same experience. My refinery ships get up to 6-7 km and just explode, so it's probably happening around 360-400 m/s.

I'm running on a 64-bit linux system (Mint 16), using the Steam version of 23.5.

Thanks for the hotfix! Works great now :)

Thanks for your reports. It was easy to spot the root cause with your help.

Works all fine, only the Gripping thingi to analyse is inverted.

And I think 1000 is to less.

Especial for large asteroids.

I mean you must see, if you wanna use them as fuelstations, to fill a big tank hehe 1000 is nothing.

(especial kethane)

The Resources should be in relation to the scale of the asteorid

A : 1000

B: 5000

C: 10000

D: 20000

For example.

Edited by Xentoe

Works all fine, only the Gripping thingi to analyse is inverted.

I mean you must see, if you wanna use them as fuelstations, to fill a big tank hehe 1000 is nothing.

(especial kethane)

The Resources should be in relation to the scale of the asteorid

A : 1000

B: 5000

C: 10000

D: 20000

For example.

You need to use the Philly grabber on the asteroid to detect more resources on it. The resource counts respect the mass of the asteroid (see first post).

the 1000 is pre analyze, if you run the analysis it should be 1/3 the mass of the roid afterward. Unless its a positively tiny class A theres more than 1000 in there.

Thanks for your reports. It was easy to spot the root cause with your help.

Glad to be of service, and that you could actually view the video. I've got so many mods running I don't always know if something is banging against something else. I'll check out the hotfix; installed it tonight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.