[.24.2] DISCONTINUED July-27- Asteroid Cities V2.0

dtobi

There is a new update for all Klockheed Martian Parts. I'd like people to test it before I annouce it on the OP.

I have changed the KM folder structure so please delete all older Klockheed Martian folders you already have! The two main drivers behind this update are a) 0.24 compatibility and B) maintainability.

All Mod Packs are now in separate folders. This makes it easier to update or uninstall a single pack. There is still one pack that is required by all. The general "Klockheed_Martian" Pack. It provides service functions.

Pre-versions of all packs are available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r93q90vpbeavoye/AACAlIFel0ufwiU4h1_WtfFGa/KSP

Please download the "Klockheed_Martian" pack AND the pack you want. So for example, if you want Space Shuttle Engines, please download both Klockheed_Martian and Klockheed_Martian_SSE. The Klockheed_Martian Pack is prequired for ALL mods.

I would be very happy to receive some feedback.

There are also two goodies: a) The valve should work again and B) there is an IVA for the Skylab.

Thanks for testing!

The update is official now. Some minor things have changed between the pre-version and this one. Please download again and please read the installation instructions in the OP.

dtobi,

You need to look at the way the packages are "zipped". I'm getting the following message when I try to unpack each one:

7-Zip [64] 9.20 Copyright © 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,4 CPUs)

Error: ~/KSP Mods/Klockheed_Martian_2.0.zip: Can not open file as archive

Errors: 1

I'm not a MSWin user, I use Linux Mint 17, 64-bit.

This new folder structure stuff is too complicated... And the tutorial makes no sense to me :P

(although I might just be being very dumb)

You aren't dumb. I am. I had a script going wild and it placed a whole lot of nonsense in the zip file. Please download it once more and check it out. You'll need:

Klockheed_Martian and Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid.

Hey there dtobi, you should look at your zips in https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r93q90vpbeavoye/AACAlIFel0ufwiU4h1_WtfFGa/KSP as someones have not related files and folders inside and can confuse people :D

Ie inside the asteroids zip:

http://i.imgur.com/elisG2l.png

Salud.

This was a mess. I sincerely apologize for it. A script was going nuts, copying useless stuff into the zipped folder. It should be by far better now.

dtobi, I just DL'd the new files, and I'm getting the same error messages when I try to unzip them. Previous versions didn't give me any grief on Linux, so there must still be something corrupted getting in the archive.

You aren't dumb. I am. I had a script going wild and it placed a whole lot of nonsense in the zip file. Please download it once more and check it out. You'll need:

Klockheed_Martian and Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid.

Ah thanks! XD

This was a mess. I sincerely apologize for it. A script was going nuts, copying useless stuff into the zipped folder. It should be by far better now.

No need to apologize :D sh%t happens... and thanks for this cool mod.

Salud.

Error messages:

Error: /home/cpmcgraw/KSP Mods/Klockheed_Martian_2.0.1.zip: Can not open file as archive

Error: /home/cpmcgraw/KSP Mods/Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid_2.0.1.zip: Can not open file as archive

Error: /home/cpmcgraw/KSP Mods/Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets_2.0.1.zip: Can not open file as archive

Error messages:

I am using 7zip for creating the zip files now. For some reasons Linux does not like the zipped containers. I'll take care of it but it may take a little while.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.