[.24.2] DISCONTINUED July-27- Asteroid Cities V2.0

dtobi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While I was waiting for RoverDude to integrate into ART I wanted to try to start using the 2.5M Klaw (Astropad) so I downloaded this pack and deleted everything except this part. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual in the cfg file - its almost identical to the stock NASA grappler - so I thought I could get away with it as a standalone part without the plugin being updated. Wrong. While it arms and disarms with animations, it doesn't seem to actually grapple asteroids.

Anyone else get this working on .90??? Thanks.

While I was waiting for RoverDude to integrate into ART I wanted to try to start using the 2.5M Klaw (Astropad) so I downloaded this pack and deleted everything except this part. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual in the cfg file - its almost identical to the stock NASA grappler - so I thought I could get away with it as a standalone part without the plugin being updated. Wrong. While it arms and disarms with animations, it doesn't seem to actually grapple asteroids.

Anyone else get this working on .90??? Thanks.

With the 2.5m claw from Asteroid Mining Technologies, I've found it's much harder to get the claw 'stuck on' than the stock claw. However, I have managed to get it to work. it seems to require at least a good 0.6m/s impact speed, and maybe SAS turned off, unlike the stock claw where any good contact will result in a grab.

7ships-2asteroids-transfer.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I have asked to adopt this glorious addon! it will be separate from RoverDude's inclusion.

Asteroid Cities

CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
wayback machine

Spoiler
On 5/11/2014 at 4:40 PM, dtobi said:

------------------------------

This work is shared under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.

You may non-commercially share it as-is with credit to the author in the download and on the download page.

Please contact me if you want to modify or extend the code.

Author: dtobi

------------------------------

news when there is news.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 weeks later...

"I have granted @zer0Kerbal permission to adopt this mod with the understanding the he will keep the `Klockheed Martian` brand,  and proper attribution for the original author(s). Changes to models and codes, along with new parts, textures, models, and functions are permitted.

The license is to be CC BY-ND 4.0. Express revocable permission is granted to use the assets, code, copyrights, and trademarks.

Moderators: kindly close this thread once a replacement thread has been linked here. "

I hope you enjoy working on this mod an I wish you all the best with it.

Dtobi.

10 minutes ago, dtobi said:

"I have granted @zer0Kerbal permission to adopt this mod with the understanding the he will keep the `Klockheed Martian` brand,  and proper attribution for the original author(s). Changes to models and codes, along with new parts, textures, models, and functions are permitted.

The license is to be CC BY-ND 4.0. Express revocable permission is granted to use the assets, code, copyrights, and trademarks.

Moderators: kindly close this thread once a replacement thread has been linked here. "

I hope you enjoy working on this mod an I wish you all the best with it.

Dtobi.

Thank you @dtobi!

License-CC%20BY--ND%203.0-ef9421?labelCo

news when there is news!

On 10/22/2015 at 10:16 AM, G'th said:

I have a humble request. Could someone somewhere pick this up and get it updated for 1.04? I miss this mod :(

2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Thank you @dtobi!

License-CC%20BY--ND%203.0-ef9421?labelCo

news when there is news!

Only took 6 years lmao

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.