[1.3 & 1.2] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.2 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online (2016-10-13)

cybutek

How does a VERSION entry in a version file have to look like?

While the example on  http://ksp.cybutek.net/kspavc/Documents/README.htm suggests that versions must be JSON-objects with the keys MAJOR,MINOR,PATCH, (optionally BUILD) and integer keys, while the spec on the same page says nothing about what a version has to look like.

I am trying to generate KSP-AVC compatible files from CKAN (see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/113023-ckan-web-view/ ).

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I've run into an issue, where if I attempt to tick the box to "Show Add-ons" it fails to do so

and spams my log as well as the KSP-AVC log with null reference exceptions,

until I start a new or saved game.

I removed it and re-installed it.. any suggestions as to what might be causing this to occur?

Thank you

Edit: Reinstalled everything since I am beginning a new save and the issue went away.\

Edited by Aivoh

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2015 at 10:05 AM, hab136 said:

For anyone else having the problem of the AVC "Checking" window hanging consistently, until a proper fix is introduced, one solution seems to be to disconnect from the internet before starting KSP. My internet connection is terrible, and I've been having this problem off and on. I usually have to restart KSP several times before it finally works (which takes a while as you might imagine with 60 mods installed). After I finally tracked it down to possibly being the slow internet causing it, I tried disconnecting and it worked like a charm. Reconnect again after KSP starts loading. I know this more or less nullifies a large part of what AVC is there for, but I am happy using CKAN and perusing the forums to make sure things are up-to-date. I tried removing it, but SETIctt won't let me.

Apologies if this work-around is well known.

Edited by kananesgi
quoted wrong post

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/29/2015 at 7:16 PM, cybutek said:

Don't worry, I'm currently working on a new version of KSP-AVC; a complete re-write from the ground up. I'd like to get it finished and available for you lot very soon, as AVC has been in need of an overhaul for quite some time. Rest assured that it doesn't have this checking window bug :)

That's great, but it's been about 7 months, and this tiny but game-breaking bug is still there.  Personally I just deleted the DLL for KSP-AVC months ago because it was always hanging and figured one day CKAN would update it when the rewrite came. In the meantime, RoverDude is currently insisting that KSP-AVC is the way to go for USI mods (versus CKAN), so I reinstalled KSP-AVC today.. and it still hangs (unsurprisingly, since it hasn't been changed).

The whole situation made me so angry that I quit trying to play KSP for the night and fixed it myself, which was not straightforward only because the source is apparently incomplete; Utils.cs is referenced in the solution and ToolbarWindow.cs but isn't in Github.  I put a band-aid on it so it would compile, but uploading the real Utils.cs would probably be better.

So, here is KSP-AVC with a hard-coded 10-second timeout.

Download: https://github.com/henrybauer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases/latest

Pull request: https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KSPAddonVersionChecker/pull/12

The next two images show what happens by default (the checker window just stays there forever) and what happens with my added timeout (the checker window goes away).  I used http://192.0.2.0/ as a broken URL for testing (see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5737) because it needs to be a site not on the same network as you that never responds.  That URL perfectly reproduces the problem for me; you may have to use a different URL depending on your ISP and/or local setup.

oFVWHAI.png

PaP4dVq.png

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Ah - never saw this issue because none of my mods that I use with KSP-AVC have bad URLs/etc. - but glad there's a patch

Yeah, I don't even know which one is causing the problem.  I guess that's an item for the wishlist - indicate which mods the URL couldn't be reached, and maybe how many times.  If something is repeatedly unreachable then the user needs to know, so that he'll manually check the forum page.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.1.6 of KSP-AVC and 1.0.3.1 of MiniAVC have been released. Get them here on GitHub

Built on KSP Experimental 1.1.0.1171
Added: 10-second timeout on invalid URLs.
Added: DevHelper GUI avoidence.

This release is primarily to bring a couple patches that have remained unreleased into the foreground. Although the previous version of KSP-AVC and MiniAVC have worked without issue for myself on KSP 1.1 without a re-build, the re-build did require a reference to be added. For this reason and to err on the side of caution I have rebuilt and released for 1.1.

Hello, I need some help with version checking. I was wondering, what am i doing wrong here?

Remote version file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/master/AtmosphereAutopilot/AtmosphereAutopilot.version

Mini-AVC fails to correctly read it from github with log:

MiniAVC -> Version file contains errors: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/master/AtmosphereAutopilot/AtmosphereAutopilot.version

MiniAVC -> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/master/AtmosphereAutopilot/AtmosphereAutopilot.version
	NAME: NULL (required)
	URL: NULL
	DOWNLOAD: NULL
	GITHUB: NULL
	VERSION: NULL (required)
	KSP_VERSION: 1.1
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: NULL
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: NULL
	CompatibleKspVersion: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True
	UpdateAvailable: False

Local copy of the same file is parsed correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, PyroSA said:

AVC V1.1.6.1 from CKAN has a version file that says 1.1.6.0, even though the DLL is correct.

Same findings here.  May just be CKAN still syncing up or something.

Edited by Holyvision

That's because KSP-AVC on CKAN is not part of my update workflow. It is being managed on CKAN by another member of the community (unknown) and uploaded somewhere else. CKAN thus is not downloading from a place where I upload updates. The issue with the version file was resolved shortly after release and re-uploaded to CurseForge and now GitHub releases (so it'll be easier to hook into CKAN in future). But the person who's managing the mod on CKAN has obviously not noticed this or is unavailable.

Edited by cybutek

16 hours ago, cybutek said:

That's because KSP-AVC on CKAN is not part of my update workflow. It is being managed on CKAN by another member of the community (unknown) and uploaded somewhere else. CKAN thus is not downloading from a place where I upload updates. The issue with the version file was resolved shortly after release and re-uploaded to CurseForge and now GitHub releases (so it'll be easier to hook into CKAN in future). But the person who's managing the mod on CKAN has obviously not noticed this or is unavailable.

Doesn't CKAN recommend that mod authors handle CKAN entries for this very reason?

Is this something that you can do?  

On 4/19/2016 at 4:09 PM, PyroSA said:

AVC V1.1.6.1 from CKAN has a version file that says 1.1.6.0, even though the DLL is correct.

My CKAN shows a version 1.1.5.0, which AVC identifies as for build .25!  How did you get CKAN to load 1.1.6.1?

I'm noticing since I updated to the most recent version that the initial check will hang on the screen... Message is checking 34 of 35 mods, and it stays there straight through the main menu screen. Has anyone seen this behavior before?

EDIT: RTPage, dummy. Noticed this up above, and apparently it's something to do with incorrect URLs. Hopefully, that patch that was mentioned gets into the main mod, or has it already and it's a new incarnation of the old problm?

Edited by Shadriss

While stating up I'm getting messages of incompatible mod but it doesn't say what mod is incompatible.

In the log I get the following exception:

[WRN 21:17:06.904] [ApplicationLauncher] Awake False
[LOG 21:17:06.905] [ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: VerticalTopDown
[LOG 21:17:06.913] [4/27/2016 9:17:06 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Load
[LOG 21:17:06.914] [4/27/2016 9:17:06 PM [x] Science!]: <Trace> (ScienceChecklistAddon) - Not Now
[LOG 21:17:06.917] [ApplicationLauncher] SetHidden: 
[WRN 21:17:06.918] [UiApp] Awake: MessageSystem
[LOG 21:17:06.970] [UIApp] Adding MessageSystem to Application Launcher
[LOG 21:17:06.971] [ApplicationLauncher] SetHidden: 
[LOG 21:17:07.002] [MessageSystem] OnAppInitialized
[LOG 21:17:07.002] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.08688863 10416

[LOG 21:17:12.785] KSP-AVC -> System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by FreeThinker

Dunno if this is possible, but do you think there is a way to run AVC prior to starting up KSP?  I know that sounds like a tall order, but it would help to know if I need to get updates before starting loading the actual game.  I have a mac, so CKAN isn't really an option, and I like AVC better anyway.  Is there a way to create a standalone executable from the .dll or create an environment that  uses the dll without invoking the whole game?  If not, that's cool, just a thought that popped into my head as I was looking at the massive list of updates needed.

One thing that threw me at first was the pop up that says blahblah was built for 1.1 when 1.1.1 came out.  Turned out that was avc but at first I thought us was ksp complaining.  My own mods disappeared from that window once I logged into cybutec and updated my "max version" to 1.1.1. 

I think that window needs a clear title that says it's AVC and not the game generating that window.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.